Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #61
DavidAdams
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: NotYe
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Please Login to Remove!

That was a typo on my part, it should have been BESMgmt, corrected it but still no luck.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #62
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

This might be a stupid question on my part but are you sure you used the default name for the database? Other then that I don't know what it could be. Since it is saying can't select database then we know your credentials are working ok. Also, on my config I only have the name of the database.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 AM   #63
Filip_PwC
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I'm very curious to see what this berrystats can or can't do, but I don't seem to get it to work..

I've a regular Win2003 server with IIS installed.
I went to the site PhP.net and downloaded php-5.2.5-win32-installer.msi.

I placed it on my server, ran the msi; it asked me which kind of webserver I wanted to install so I selected apache 2 like you said in the README.
It also asked which kind of extensions I wished to install, there I selected none (so just installed the program).

While installing, I got an error saying that it couldn't acces the httpd.conf file and that I had to setup the webserver manually.

Can someone please help me on this?
What am I doing wrong?
where does the webserver need to be setup or where can I find the httpd.conf file?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #64
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Filip_PwC -

I was going to write up a quick and dirty way to get php running on a win box with IIS but I will post this link instead. These are the best instructions I have found for getting php running on a windows box with IIS:

How To Install PHP on IIS 6.0 » IIS Admin Blog

Once you have your php up and running you need to find a file called ntwdblib.dll and put it in your windows/system32 folder. You will also need to give the IIS user account rights to write to you config.php file located in phpberrystats/includes. I really should put all of this in the README file one of these days

Last edited by blubyu; 11-28-2007 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: adding more info
Old 12-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #65
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: noyb
Carrier: VZN

I'm coming to the party a bit late, but like someone else, I'm getting the following error when opening the page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phpberrystats\includes\common_f uncs.php on line 27

From what I can tell, the MSSQL module is NOT installed properly, but I'm unclear what I can do to resolve. I've verified that the php_mssql.dll is in the PHP and System32 directories and all MSSQL statements in PHP.ini are uncommented.

For the record, I'm attempting to install version 0.0.10 of phpberrystats, and I am able to connect to the appropriate DB w/ proper permissions (though it doesn't appear to be a connectivity issue). I've gone through the various tutorials for PHP and everything looks good...aside from the fact that the MSSQL module isn't loading.

Any suggestions on obvious stuff I might have missed?

TIA

Dave
Old 12-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #66
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

NinjaRAT -

create a php page with this code:
Code:
<?
phpinfo();
?>
name the page something like info.php and then open that page in a web browser. Scroll down and make sure you have a MSSQL section. From the error that you posted I am going to guess that you won't have that section. If that is the case, fine the ntwdblib.dll file (I think it is in the php folder) and move it to windows/system32 and then reload the info.php page. I don't think you have to restart iis in order to pick up changes. Anyway, after moving the ntwdblib.dll file you should have MSSQL support show up. Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #67
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks Blubyu,

I had to double check, but yes, I do have that DLL in both locations (PHP and System32), as I believe was illustrated in one of the PHP tutorials. Yet, the PHPInfo page still lacks an MSSQL section.

Not sure it's relavent or not, but I installed the MSQL extension AFTER I performed the initial PHP install.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #68
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

NinjaRAT - Did you take a look at the link I have in post #64? On page 3 of his guide he talks about the default windows php install reading the wrong php.ini file.

A Quick way to check is to look at your phpinfo page and see in the first section it will list where it is reading the configuration file from (by default it looks in C:\Windows). If you are editing the php.ini file in the php directory then it probably is reading the wrong one.

Page 3 of his guide will walk you through setting up the correct path to your php.ini file.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #69
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry for my delay getting back here, but I got a bit distracted with the holiday season.

Anyways, you called it, blubyu! Though I did read the tutorial you linked, I failerd to notice that it had multiple pages (duh). Sure enough, I needed to add the environment varible to have the OS look at the correct location.

Now, I'm getting "unable to select database", but I'll continue poking around. I'm happy to be one step closer!

Thanks again, and HNY!

Dave
Old 03-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #70
NeptuneIT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

blubyu -

Thanks a ton for developing this! I've been using the ASP version for a while and I have to say this is definitely easier on the eyes!

Are you still developing this at all? I would love to see the features added you mentioned like seeing if all the services are running and especially changing the users password.

Thanks again for everyone who put work into this and the original BerryStats!
Old 03-27-2008, 05:31 PM   #71
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

NeptuneIT - Thanks for the compliments. I am no longer the blackberry admin where I work. I have recently talked to our blackberry admins to see what they wanted added.

It is hard for me to find time at the moment to start back up on it. It has been so long that when I look at the code I wonder what the hell I was doing

I do still plan on adding to it. I do have AD authentication going. I want to add the ability to add users and reset their passwords and stuff like that. Basically whatever the BRK lets you do. Hopefully in the not too distant future I will find some time to kill and pick the code back up.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #72
DVX

Model: 8320
Carrier: EDGE / WiFi
Unhappy ..

Hello Blubyu.

Can you make an easy not long Step by Step configuration of the PHP 0.0.10 phpbbstats? I made a post #525 at http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...admins-14.html .

It would help me a lot. PLEASE

Thank U
Old 04-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #73
DVX

Default Another Q

I just wanna set up the Bstats 0.0.10 as writen in the upper post. I cant see in the Options menu any changebutton, where should be written the DB-password. As well in the options.php file ... "// $dbuserpw=$_GET['dbusernamepw'];" as you can see, its commented out.

Is it possible then to connect to the DB?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #74
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

DVX - sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I just got back from Vegas.

Go into the includes folder and edit the config.php file. Everything that is needed is in that file. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #75
DVX

Lightbulb ok

Now everything is working very very well. Ive got a question:

Is it possible to retrieve for example USER-1 information from BES4.1 which would be his correnspodence with other people? To clarify my request:

USER-1 has recieved 3emails from [email address] , 4emails from [email address] , sent 10emails to [email address] and 15emails to [email address]. Berrystats are able in this case to list >> Msgs Pushed=7 ; Msgs sent=25.

Do you know what I mean? I just wanna make a statistic about mail addresses of a specific BB-user who is comunicating with them.

If it would be possible to retrieve this from BES4.1 , could you just write me a correct SELECT to query that kind of information, please?

Or If it is NOT possible, could you write me an another SELECT to query something else? I mean some usefull information about some nice BES statistics. I just wanna upgrade the phpberrystats as far as it is possible. After that I can post it to you, and you can put in on some web. I have already done an Active Directory authentification to the app, because of practise use in our company - just to select users who are approved to have access to such informations.

I thank you for everything!

Last edited by DVX; 04-21-2008 at 03:04 PM..
Old 04-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #76
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

As far as I know (and I could be wrong) the email addresses that are being received are not kept it the DB. I would imagine if they were this would get pretty big.

What other type of stats are you looking for?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #77
DVX

Yesterday I realised, that the ASP version includes Add User function as well. It would be very interesting to implement such function to the PHPstats as well. I think, that it wouldnt be a problem for me to get it to work by PHP, but Im not so good in SQL. It would be very helpful if you or somebody else would write me the correct SELECTs and INSERTs used to get the Add user to work.

My second Q, in our company there are just 18 users using blackberry. But just 2 of them have displayed their phone numbers at the BES and the phpstats as well. Have you any idea why is it so?

THX
Old 04-22-2008, 12:41 PM   #78
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
As far as I know (and I could be wrong) the email addresses that are being received are not kept it the DB. I would imagine if they were this would get pretty big.

What other type of stats are you looking for?
Yeah, they are not kept in the database. This would be something contained within the (various) logfiles. A bit more coding would be involved in either ASP or PHP in order to get this info.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #79
blubyu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVX View Post
Yesterday I realised, that the ASP version includes Add User function as well. It would be very interesting to implement such function to the PHPstats as well. I think, that it wouldnt be a problem for me to get it to work by PHP, but Im not so good in SQL. It would be very helpful if you or somebody else would write me the correct SELECTs and INSERTs used to get the Add user to work.

My second Q, in our company there are just 18 users using blackberry. But just 2 of them have displayed their phone numbers at the BES and the phpstats as well. Have you any idea why is it so?

THX
I have played around with adding the ability to add users through my php front end. I just haven't found the time to make it work. Basically you would need to install the BRK on the windows box that you have my php code running on. Then write up the code to call the BRK and add users. It is pretty simply in theory One of these days I might actually do it.

I am not sure about the phone numbers. If they aren't showing then I am going to guess that they aren't in the actual database either. I know I had one individual here (we have about 120 BB users) that wasn't showing the DCID number. I browsed the database and it turns out this info wasn't in the database.

Can I ask what email system you are using? We are a groupwise shop here. I know when I was first testing this jibi was helping me (he was running exchange) and we discovered that there were some subtle differences in the database layout.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #80
DVX

Im running BES 4.1.4 with MS Exchange 2003 SP2 and MS SQL 2000 SP4. Today I will try to code some PHP functions, provided by BESuserAdmin. I hope it will function.
Closed Thread