Old 10-18-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
bb8310
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Orange has stopped selling the Blackberry Bold

Please Login to Remove!

Orange has stopped selling the Blackberry Bold in all its stores, citing software problems.

The root of the problem is not yet known, but the other networks ranging the device do not appear to have encountered the same issue, with both Vodafone and O2 still selling the device.

The software snag is the second compatibility problem to have occurred to Blackberry Bolds on the Orange network.

Last month it was reported that Orange users could not use Blackberry maps on the Bold handset because the maps icon was not showing up on the menu system. Orange says that issue has been resolved thanks to a software fix that has been released to customers.

Orange celebrated being the first network to sell the sought-after device in its stores after beating T-Mobile to the punch.

In a joint statement, Orange and Rim said: ‘Orange UK is committed to providing the BlackBerry Bold to its customers in the UK, however Orange UK and RIM are currently working on providing a maintenance release of software to address some reported 3G related concerns.

'Although the reported 3G concerns have been limited to a minority of Orange customers in the UK, Orange UK and RIM both take customer concerns very seriously and felt it was prudent to introduce a maintenance release of software for Orange UK customers at this time.

’Orange UK and RIM apologise to customers for any inconvenience and expect to provide a software maintenance release soon.’
Old 10-18-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
chrism_scotland
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange/T-Mobile

Old news I'm afraid, yeah Orange seem to have suspended sales of the Bold due to software issues, still available unbranded via CPW and P4U althought the maanger in P4U that I spoke to said it was pot luck whether you got a generic Bold or an Orange Branded one, but surely if Orange have stopped them then all CPW/P4U Bolds will be unbranded ones.
I hope anyway!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
lepremier

Carrier: Orange
Default Orange Download for BB Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8310 View Post

Last month it was reported that Orange users could not use Blackberry maps on the Bold handset because the maps icon was not showing up on the menu system. Orange says that issue has been resolved thanks to a software fix that has been released to customers.
Can you let me know where this download is located please...thanks
Old 10-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

We reported it here on the 9th of October:

Orange UK Halts BlackBerry Bold Sales for Quality Issues | BlackBerryNews.com
Old 10-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
Asskick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telcel

U should add Mexico - Telcel to the list... even thou they just sent an SMS to the persons who did manage to get it (like me:p ) regarind to bring it back to their offices for upgrade (for the ppl who doesnt know how do to it) So far Im very happy with my bold with .162 OS.. and 3G just got launched on my city (3 days ago) So far, signal strenght seems a lot better at my house rather than EDGE
Closed Thread