Old 03-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
ngllgn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar Spain
Default Newbie problems

Please Login to Remove!

I've just acquired my first BB, a Torch, and it's amazing if rather overwhelming to an 'oldie' who has owned only a couple of antique very simple cell phones up to now.

I have 4 e-mail addresses, all of which I have managed to set up on the Torch, and all of which I can receive, and send, mail from and to.

1 Somehow, and part of the problem is, I don't remember or know how, I associated the wrong e-mail address with my BB. I now cannot see how to get rid of this e-mail address as the associated e-mail address. I have tried deleting it using the e-mail account set-up options, but this appears to result only in my not receiving e-mail from the address on the BB. How do I associate a different ie my preferred e-mail address with the BB? Perhaps after doing that, I would be able to add back the other e-mail address whose account I have deleted for the time being.

2 Being bombarded with e-mails on the BB all time is bearable but a bit of a bore; I do not need to receive them all on the BB when I am in my office, rather only when I am travelling. Is there therefore some way of temporarily disabling or inactivating e-mail reception from all 3 (soon to be 4 if the above problem can be fixed) e-mail accounts on the BB without having to delete the e-mail accounts?

3 I have invited, via BBM, family and friends to authorise communicatiion with me, whether via BBM chat or e-mail (via the associated address mentioned above although I hope to change this associated address). I requested this authorisation via e-mail and now have a few of these requests 'pending authorisation'. How do I delete such requests? I have for example realised that I keyed in an inaccurate e-mail for one request and therefore suppose it will be pending forever unless I can delete it.

I have the latest software version and would be most grateful for any help with the above, especially imple step-by-step instructions as I am still barely familiar with the screens and icons. Many thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
ngllgn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar Spain
Default Re: Newbie problems

Quote:
3 I have invited, via BBM, family and friends to authorise communicatiion with me, whether via BBM chat or e-mail (via the associated address mentioned above although I hope to change this associated address). I requested this authorisation via e-mail and now have a few of these requests 'pending authorisation'. How do I delete such requests? I have for example realised that I keyed in an inaccurate e-mail for one request and therefore suppose it will be pending forever unless I can delete it.
OK I have worked out how to do this, by using a 'delete' option which I couldn't find before. Any tips on the BIS and default e-mail account please?
Closed Thread