Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
aaronpaul
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Bluetooth connection to 7100 question

Please Login to Remove!

I have the Jabra 250v and a 7100t running 4.0.2.32. I have the 250 set to "trusted". They are already paired up just fine.

Here is the issue. I turn the 250 on by holding the button until the lights flash. A message comes on the bb that says the connection was established and the icon shows the same. However, until I make or receive a call and manually "activate the 250" from the call menu OR push the headset button again (just one click), the audio link is never established. Audio isn't sent to the headset and incomming calls aren't indicated in the earpiece.

So, if I turn the headset on it and a call comes in, I don't hear the ring in my ear until one of these actions is performed. It seems to keep the link after it is established the first time, but it's different than I'm used to. On my moto phone I could turn on the headset and the phone would automatically start sending the calls and audio to the phone without a manual step.

Is this normal? Is it a funnction on the headset or the BB? Can it be changed? I tried makeing the phone "discoverable" and that didn't change anything.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Aaaron.

Can't speak to the Jabra, but my Bluespoon does something similar. I push and hold the button until it blinks blue several times. That appears to turn on the device, but not connect. Then I do a light push or tap on the button, and the connection is made and stays made. If it is not set to trusted, then there is a dialog. DO NOT set it to discoverable, as that means that it is open to any BT device.

With a BT cell phone and my old Moto HS810 or HS850, all I had was to flip it open and the device was turned on and connection made. With the Bluespoon and the 7100G I have to do two pushes. The long one to turn it on, and a short one to connect.

Hope this was not confusing!