Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
balto
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 900
Carrier: rogers
Default getting a little pissed

Please Login to Remove!

I posted this on Howardfourms as well, so please don't flame me if you read both, I am going nuts here!! Here is the post :

On Thursday I picked up a BB 7510 on the mike network (which is amazing) so i set it up using BWC and it was working great until about 8 pm, so I called mike/telus and the guy told me to delete all three of my service books. So I did. I regesited my handheld and got back two of the service books :
Wap Sercure Transport
Wap Browser (telus)

but not my service book for bwc. So the tech told me to goto the bwc site and hit the send service book button, but I got nothing.. He then put me on hold and found out that BWC was down... So he said it will come up soon and you will get the service book. Well I started getting all my emails which is fun, but the service book never came in.

So Firday morning I called Telus support and they ran some tests, try sending me the service book again, and in their system they said it was just saying "pending". The ticket got escalated to a second level tech who called me, and made me do the same things as I did with the other techs, couldn't get it to work. He then called BB tech and they tried some stuff, nothing. BB Support then said BWC is still not working, and my service book will come in soon.

Well it is now Sunday, and guess what, no service book, and I still can't send email. I get email no problem, and I can use webmessenger and other tcp apps, when I try and send or reply to an email I get the message
"No email services, please connect handheld to your PC. You will on;y be able to Save Draft"

So anyone here have any idea on what I can do to get this thing going?!?! I tried reinstalled my desktop software, I updated the handheld with the latest software from telus... still nothing.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Well..if their BWC is down..then there is not much you can do. You could request a credit for the DATA for the days their BWC was done...maybe.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

I thought the future was friendly at Telus? Have you tried manually requesting a service book via your handheld? Under options, service book, register now.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Nextel BWC was having probelms like everyone... I would expect you to be able to get a service book now. The SB's don't come immediately. I have also found it helpful to powercycle my BB when doing that process.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 10-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
balto
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 900
Carrier: rogers

Thanks for the suggestions, It finally came in about 2 hours ago, I can now send email!!! :D
Old 10-18-2004, 02:01 AM   #6
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

Congrats
Old 10-21-2004, 10:03 PM   #7
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

BWC problems galore -- probably thanks to the huge surge of new BlackBerry users due to the 7100 models. That's why T-Mobile users are suffering the most delays, I think.

Even Rogers is not immune. The usual 5-second speedy emails have turned into average 5-minute emails.

However, my BES is still 5-second fast. (That's another reason to get BES/MDS hosting -- to bypass BWC problems!)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 10-21-2004, 10:47 PM   #8
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

I'm still 5 second fast
Closed Thread