BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #261
ranger27

Model: 7100t

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Dave or Enzo,

I have an account with you already for a pretty long time already... But I have one question.

Are there bigger discounts available for larger accounts? If I wanted to bring my company over to your service with say 50 mailboxes would I qualify for a larger percentage discount than the 10% you offer current BBForums members?

Thanks

ZD
Old 12-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #262
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: AT&T
Default Larger Accounts

ZD,

We offer a variety of plans for customers 50 mailboxes and larger that are not listed on our website. We can custom tailor a plan for your mailboxes size requirements and number of both mailboxes and wireless devices required.

Please Call ME Directly 516-365-3661 X 15

Enzo Averaimo
Support: 516-484-0077
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 01-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #263
AverageJoe

Model: 8700
Ok, well I was told to check out this thread after I posted this:

blackberryforums.com/rants-raves-forum/61143-mailstreet-down-all-day.html

It seems like you guys know how to communicate with your customers when you have issues from what I have read in this thread-

I hope that is the case becuase I am signing up!

Ps. Mailstreet is still down, for all I know I lost all of my email-
Old 01-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #264
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

As far as I know I did not lose any email. I'm not as unhappy about the outage as I am about the lack of progress updates between 6am and noon.

From the mailstreet site they seem to say that the restoration is still progressing.

My email inbox is working for outlook but zero OWA or BES.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #265
AverageJoe

Model: 8700

progress updates??

Everytime I called them I got a busy signal-
Everytime I opened a chat window it was closed by them...
Everytime I emailed I got no response.

I switched this morning to Exchangemymail.com and so far I am thrilled.

The migration was very easy, Dave and Enzo helped me get back up and running.
I got a 10% discount for being a forum member, and I got the use of their control panel so that I can administrate my own accounts...

Nice GUYS- Keep it up!!
So Far So Good...

Thanks Guys for all the help and understanding!

Thanks for answering the phones on a saturday!!! (new experience for me)

Last edited by AverageJoe; 01-13-2007 at 11:06 AM..
Old 01-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #266
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

I switched my accounts over the weekend to exchangemymail as well.

The process was exactly as easy as AverageJoe describes.

1. Open new account with exchangemymail - easily done via the web signup. Exchangemymail has done a great job automating this process.

(Note: I went with the 5 user business account for $45 after discount (discount link is on the forum)- which provides 2.5 gig of data storage - if you're using Outlook/Exchange for business the storage creeps up FAST) - I haven't found this good a deal elsewhere. They also include spam filtering for free (more on that later)

2. Pointed my domain mx records to exchangemymail (they provide all the instructions in their knowledgebase).

3. Once I observed that email was flowing correctly (which it was within about 10 minutes) -- I decided later that day to activate my Blackberry. (Note to lurkers: Have to wipe the BB first if you are switching from one hosted provider to another)

Worth noting that I signed up for the Blackberry at 10:03 pm on Saturday. At 10:17 pm the BES activation email came. By 11:00 everything was all set up on exchangemymail and so far as I can tell the device is working perfectly.

Since there may be others who stumble upon this thread who are Mailstreet users looking for another host, here are some summarized thoughts pro/con on exchangemymail.

PRO of Exchangemymail
-better pricing for those with multiple boxes
-easier control panel to manage exchange
-great faq for common questions
-support lines appear to be answered and issues resolved in much the same way mailstreet used to do before their acquisition a year or two ago
-less need to call tech support - much of the information is contained in their KB which is readily available

CONS of Exchangemymail
-the jury may be out on the effectiveness of the postini spam filter. Mailstreet has a VERY robust spam defense. While exchangemymail includes Postini for free, its effectiveness may be less than mailstreet. I received a bunch of SPAM right after signing up however I can't tell whether that's an initial configuration issue. Since that bunch came through I haven't received any more. I also bumped the filters up to the most aggressive setting. I will know more on this after a week or so of usage.

I made the switch mostly because of annoyance with the Mailstreet multi-day outage (well, I'm not sure how many days it was out totally but sporadically from a Thursday night around 10 until Saturday email was up/down and Blackberry didn't come on again until last).

My business is very heavily dependent on email. Yet we cannot afford to have technicians in the office monitoring exchange servers -- so we do the next best thing and outsource the hosting.

I'm hopeful that if there are issues with downtime, that they are posted fast so that subscribers can make plans to be without email. For the mailstreet outage we were being told that recovery was coming soon....which apparently translated to the end of the day for partial and Saturday for full.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 AM   #267
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mas90guru -

I believe you will have great results with postini as all of our users do. Their spam and virus filter is the top of the line..

Please let us know if you have any problems or suggestions. In some cases depending on how each account is setup, some minor adjustments are necessary regarding domains, and email aliases.

If you need assistance, please email us at our support email address.
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 01-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #268
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Thanks

I subscribed to exchangemymail online on saturday morning and within 10 mins of filling in the online form, Jim from exchangemymail had called me on my phone.

I found my initial experience with exchangemymail very positive- it's rarer to get this sort of feedback from an internet provider.

So far I am very satisfied with exchangemymail service and I'm hoping that doesn't change. I've been testing the system, migrating my messages/contacts/calendar/etc and setting up server-side rules and although have a couple of bugs on my end to work out, so far the exchangemymail system is working perfect for me.

Thanks!

Shane
Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 AM   #269
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

I've been using Exchangemymail all this week. So far the spam filters have caught nearly everything. It looks as if the Postini spam defense is as good as Mailstreet's in terms of keeping out spam. The interface online is a lot simpler.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #270
Ashton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510
Carrier: Boost Mobile (nextel prepaid)

A simple quetion (and I appoligize if this has been asked already in this thred)

Does your BES include BIS/MDS hosting too? I just checked with a different provider and they do not. If you do not, do you have any suggestions of anyone that does?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #271
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton
A simple quetion (and I appoligize if this has been asked already in this thred)

Does your BES include BIS/MDS hosting too? I just checked with a different provider and they do not. If you do not, do you have any suggestions of anyone that does?
Our BES includes MDS. As for BIS, you get that with the carrier and is included with the BES plan which you must have in order for the wireless sync to work, and yes you can use both on our system.

Hope that help.
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 01-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #272
bananasplit
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0le
To soccormad any anyone else in Uk thinking of this, I can HIGHLY recommend.

A blackberry is next to useless (IMO) unless fully synced wirelessly to exchange. I thought my handheld was good until I tried this, and have not looked back.

The service from EMM? I cannot say enough about it, seriously. I'm a hard man to please probably but the servie has been exceptional. A few tech problems I had were resolved personally by one of their guys - the thousands of miles makes NO difference to the service - NONE. You can either call them landline, skype them, messenger them or simply email. And people (real people!) answer the phone. They are MORE than helpful. I've dealt with Dave, Alan but mostly Enzo - incredible people, honestly ...it IS hard to believe customer service these days can be so good.

I had a very tricky problem which in the end was not an EMM problem but something to do with my UK hosting company ....the guys at EMM stuck with it and did work beyond the call of duty to get it resolved to my satisfaction.

The value for money is excellent also, and the user interface superb. Try the 30 days - I put money on you staying. I've tried no other hosted exchange solution but read these forums VERY carefully before commiting and thought that EMM couldnt be that good. Usually if it is too good to be true, it is.

NOT in this case. Happy to give further details or reassurance to any other potential UK user out there. For info, im in Uk with Vodafone as the carrier ...I have an 8700 but now we have 3 in the company, 7100, the 8700 and I have an 8100. All mailboxes configured and enterprises activated perfectly. It's just great.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Like you I'm here in the UK (London) and just got a BB8700g for my birthday last week, now being introduced to the BB world, being on Pocket PC and WM5 for the longest time. Anyway, I'm on O2 and have read the accolades EMM has been getting in this thread and I want to sign up. I want to send and receive personal email from my BB in real time. I can make calls now and send SMS as I've had the line for quite sometime but would now want to have emails too. What do I need from O2? I'm on a Mobex corporate tariff and not one of the high street ones and based on our O2 corporate helpdesk, I "can't" have emails on my BB as it is not from the company email/server. I just find this ridiculous.

As soon as you let me know and I can get to an O2 store here to get what you recommend, I'm signing up for EMM.

Enzo,

Would you know what kind of "plan" I should have from my carrier so I can sign up for your service as well and use my BB to its fullest and not just for voice calls and SMS.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #273
thr61

Model: 8300
Default Interested in service: one technical question

I just bought an 8703 from Sprint as a replacement to my Treo 700p. The only thing I miss is the true push email I had using Chatter and an IMAP account.

I am the only one in my firm of 10 that uses a BB and so I can't switch my entire company's email hosting to your service. Is it possible to have single account managed through this kind of hosted BES solution? That is, can the balance of my employees continue to use our regular email host and POP3 access while I am able to use BES to synch mail, tasks and calendar?

If so, I will sign up today!

Thanks.

Tim
Old 01-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #274
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr61
I just bought an 8703 from Sprint as a replacement to my Treo 700p. The only thing I miss is the true push email I had using Chatter and an IMAP account.

I am the only one in my firm of 10 that uses a BB and so I can't switch my entire company's email hosting to your service. Is it possible to have single account managed through this kind of hosted BES solution? That is, can the balance of my employees continue to use our regular email host and POP3 access while I am able to use BES to synch mail, tasks and calendar?

If so, I will sign up today!

Thanks.

Tim
Tim - Yes we can do this.. actually we do it all the time. It's very common.

Although we frequent this site, and try to answer questions as often as we can, the best way to get sales and support is to contact us directly.

Thanks
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 01-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #275
thr61

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchangemymail
Tim - Yes we can do this.. actually we do it all the time. It's very common.

Although we frequent this site, and try to answer questions as often as we can, the best way to get sales and support is to contact us directly.

Thanks
Great. I will call this afternoon.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #276
mjbanks
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Does Exchange My Mail support Vista and Outlook 2007? That's what I'm running on my laptop, and want to know if there is any compatibility issues before I sign up for the service. I want to be able to connect over RPC over HTTPS, since I don't want to have to log into a VPN all the time.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #277
heterodoxos

Model: 8100
Carrier: Orange

Would anyone be kind enough to confirm if I would be able to use a hosted BES using Microsoft Entourage on OSX?
Old 02-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #278
Shoofro

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr61
This is exactly my situation. My four other employees use POP3 access, and my POP3 forwards to exchangemymail which hosts my exchange and BB service. I have been with them for about a year, after learning about them through this site. THEY ARE OUTSTANDING!!! I am not a techie, and I don't have an IT staff. The exchangemymail team walked me through the initial installation in no time at all and without any problems. Now that I've used the BB with wireless synch capapilities through this company, I can't imagine using a BB without the BES service.

Recently, I migrated my data to their newer servers. Yesterday, I updated the OS on my handheld, and they helped me with reactivating everything. I have never waited more than one minute with a tech support call, and my issues have been resolved the first time, every time. Having said that, I have only needed to call them about five times total, and it was only when I was doing something on my end that necessitated their assistance.

Their system and service has been flawless, and I think their up time was in excess of 99.7%. Almost without exception, what little down time there was, was notified to customers in advance by email.

PS - I am not affiliated with the company in any way - I don't even know if I'm getting the 10% discount from this site - but I wanted to post to tell everyone that I recommend them without expection.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:21 AM   #279
DigitalNY

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Got a question for the ExchangeMyMail folks.. I'm aware of the 10% discount for forum members but was wondering if there was any other special deal for non-profit's?

My ambulance squad's looking for a mail solution. Need 8 mailboxes, nothing overly huge as far as storage goes, with one BES user in the near future (no BES currently needed). Fairly low volume, mostly membership applications via web form and interdepartmental mail along with some vendor correspondence.

We're a bit tight on funds (in fact we had an ambulance repossessed last year due to being in the red) but we're on the mend. What it really comes down to is professionalism.. I'm trying to get them away from yahoo e-mail accounts and tripod's banner filled hosting (I registered and paid for a domain for them and am getting that squared away right now, they previously had none).

Drop me a pm with some pricing.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #280
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry we haven't been around guys. Lots of changes and upgrades going on at Exchange My Mail. If anybody still needs answers to any questions please let us know..

Also, we expect to launch a fantastic new service shortly that many of you may need. Especially if you are already using your own Microsoft Exchange Server, or are attached to your companies Exchange Server.

We will keep you updated as things progress..
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Closed Thread