BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #901
bigmatty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: !
Carrier: !

Please Login to Remove!

Nope! Your key should work for the new versions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1sowise View Post
Slightly off topic, but I own BlackBerryAlerts v1.41.
Do I have to pay for newer releases?
Old 12-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #902
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Logan,

I'm looking for a program with customized vibrates. You know, where i can get short vibrate (1/5 sec), a long vibrate (1/2 sec), then finally a short vibrate (1/5 sec). Urgent emergencies can do the SOS in morse code vibrates in situation such as dinners and movies. (buzz,buzz,buzz, BUZZZZZZ,BUZZZZZZ,BUZZZZZZ, buzz,buzz,buzz!) This helps whether to ignore or answer the call, by feeling the vibrate pattern.

It would just have a built-in predefined library of custom vibrates built into it, so I wouldn't need to bother setting it up. And sometimes I'd like the vibrate to keep happening intermittently until I respond.

One, two, or three vibrates don't cut it. Often I won't feel the first vibrate if I am concentrating or loosely pocketed, so I'm stuck with two or three vibrates, and I don't get enough context information. Custom vibrates would work, especially if they repeat intermittently. I realize that uses more battery power, but intermittency can be configured in your app anyway....

Even just a few predefined custom vibrates would be nice, such as:

[Select Vibrate Pattern]
. .
. . .
. . . .
. -
- - . .
. . . - - - . . .

Where . is a brief 0.25 to 0.5 second vibrate and - is a 1 second vibrate. The feeling of three short-duration vibrates is much more noticeable than the feeling of one long-duration vibrate.

There are already BlackBerry API calls that can do custom vibrates, so it's already doable by a developer. Vibrate API is already used in some BlackBerry videogames (i.e. Meteor Crusher), and IM+ chat (it has the ability to do short vibrates of 0.5 seconds, to distinguish from regular BlackBerry vibrate notify)

Customized vibrate notifications would be very useful to me. Neither WebMessenger Alerts nor BlackBerry Alerts seem to provide this.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 12-10-2007 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #903
Isolinear
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalm1 View Post
Is there a way to disable the led turning off at the press of a button or the scroll wheel? i normally keep my BB in my pocket and buttons are often pressed. with BB alert when i pull it out of my pocket i dont see any led alerts. i would really like to see the led alerts dissapear only after i have opened up whatever was new.
I have this same problem, I also carry my phone in my pocket where buttons get pressed. Any way to have the SMS LED flash turned off only when the new message is open, E-mail LED flash turned off only when the e-mail is open, etc?

Also the post above mine regarding customizable vibrate patterns would be extremely useful!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #904
KeithRos12

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I have a quick question. I had the "pearl" version 1.5 working fine but decided to upgrade to 1.6. My trackball doesn't light up anymore. I checked to make sure the "Program Control" was set to Both. Also did a couple of battery pulls. Am I missing something else. Everything else seems to be working OK.
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #905
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I posted this in its own thread called "8130 complaints" along with a couple other issues I was having, but it was kinda threadjacked by other users posting their different gripes, so i'll repost this here... hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this problem because I'd definitely be willing to pay for BBAlerts if I can get the kinks straightened out....

---------

BBAlerts seems to conflict with TeleNav. I have been demoing TeleNav (Sprint Navigation) the past few days and have gotten used to how it behaves -- it dims the screen at the predetermined time if there haven't been any turns to announce lately. Then, when there's a turn coming up, it activates the screen automatically and tells you what to do. However, ever since I installed BBAlerts yesterday, it seems to have hindered TeleNav's functionality. For instance, when the screen dimmed, I didn't hear anything from TeleNav even when I knew a turn was approaching. When I clicked the trackball to reactivate the screen, I noticed that TeleNav was still stuck back at where I was when the screen dimmed. I will try closing BBAlerts the next time I use TeleNav to see if it works correctly again like it was before. I really hope this is just a fluke because I really love both programs and don't want to have to choose between the two!

thanks,
Rob
Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #906
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hmm...weird. I have BBAlerts and TeleNav and they both seem to coexist just fine.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #907
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
Hmm...weird. I have BBAlerts and TeleNav and they both seem to coexist just fine.
which version of BBAlerts are you using? I'm using 1.6 ... wondering if it has anything to do with the Idle LED or some other feature that might be new in 1.6 that is preempting Telenav's functionality when the screen shuts off.

Maybe it was just a fluke... I'll try it again on my way home from work this evening

Rob
Old 12-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #908
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc

1.6 as a trial. I just downloaded this from scratch a week or so ago. Have used TeleNav only twice during that time, but didn't see anything odd.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #909
NorCalVP
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)

I've been using my registered version of BBalerts for a couple of weeks. I've messing with all of the settings, and was unable to make it do what I wanted, so I ask for help from all of the other users.

I get 75-80 E-mails per day, and most of them are filtered out by outlook into subfolders. I get 15-20 to my BB every day. I only need immediate notification of about 2-3. The others can wait until I get back to my laptop.

Before I had BBalerts I had desktop messages sent to mute, and level one messages to alert. Then set the messages I needed to level 1. Since I've installed BB alerts, I haven't found a way to keep the regular (not level 1) messages silent while getting a repeat chime for the level one messages. I've left the "notify on missed E-mails" unchecked with the high priority checked.

What am I doing wrong? Is this possible?

Steve
Old 12-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #910
rustypixel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Hello all. some questions about this little utility and possible upgrade. I have 1.4 installed on my Curve (8320) and don't know where to find my key. Is it on my Curve somewhere where I can get it?
Do I need to remove 1.4 before installing the new version? And lastly, can anyone please, please, please tell me if anyone has had any success, with the Curve, in getting the PIM messages to be assigned on color, emails be assigned another color and SMS yet a another? I have it set this way on mine, but no matter what I do, my emails always flash RED and not GREEN as I have them set in BBAlerts.

Thanks!

Out of my mind and out of control!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #911
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustypixel View Post
Hello all. some questions about this little utility and possible upgrade. I have 1.4 installed on my Curve (8320) and don't know where to find my key. Is it on my Curve somewhere where I can get it?
Do I need to remove 1.4 before installing the new version? And lastly, can anyone please, please, please tell me if anyone has had any success, with the Curve, in getting the PIM messages to be assigned on color, emails be assigned another color and SMS yet a another? I have it set this way on mine, but no matter what I do, my emails always flash RED and not GREEN as I have them set in BBAlerts.

Thanks!
The key would not be on your phone, I had to email handango to get a new key when my pin changed. Keep that in mind that you always will need a new key if your pin changes. I have had no problems with color assignments with email etc... I love this must have app!!

I am not sure if you have to remove the old version to get the new one.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #912
blueman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

Thanks!
I have been using this software for a very long time. I am currently have it on my Curve (8310) and have no issue setting it the say you want. My settings are as follows:
OPTIONS:
Audio: Profile
Color Scheme: User Assigned
Notify on: Missed Calls, SMS, High Priority, Pin Voicemail
Program Controls LED
Popup on Notification
Enable Alert Logging
Ignore SMS Inteneded for Application

ASSIGN COLORS:
Missed Calls: Purple
Missed SMS: Cyan
Missed PIN: Green
Missed VM: White
LED Pause: No Pause
LED Color Mode: Color Cycle

The reason I don't do regular messages is that the BB already does in RED.

I hope this helps!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #913
rustypixel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank you very much for posting your settings. I have had trouble getting the app. to work the way I'd like it to. I appreciate your time and will try this out this morning (once I actually do some work!) and post the results.

Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman View Post
I have been using this software for a very long time. I am currently have it on my Curve (8310) and have no issue setting it the say you want. My settings are as follows:
OPTIONS:
Program Controls LED
Popup on Notification
Enable Alert Logging

ASSIGN COLORS:

I hope this helps!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #914
rustypixel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, I tried it and everything seems to work, except the PIN color. I assigned GREEN and the LED is still flashing RED when I get a BBerry PIN message. I just don't get it.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman View Post
OPTIONS:
Program Controls LED
Popup on Notification
Enable Alert Logging

ASSIGN COLORS:

I hope this helps!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #915
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

Quote:
Well, I tried it and everything seems to work, except the PIN color. I assigned GREEN and the LED is still flashing RED when I get a BBerry PIN message. I just don't get it.

Thanks.
Its doing that for me with SMS...might have to go back to 1.49
Old 12-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #916
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon (Alltel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
Its doing that for me with SMS...might have to go back to 1.49
I loaded 1.49 on to my new Alltel 8130 today and it appears everything works right except for the same problem you mention - no BB Alerts notification on SMS, which is really important to me. So I loaded 1.6 and im having the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #917
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

Now I'm erked, I deleted 1.6, reloaded 1.49 and SMS isnt working with that now and always worked before, ugh!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #918
livspop
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon (Alltel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
Now I'm erked, I deleted 1.6, reloaded 1.49 and SMS isnt working with that now and always worked before, ugh!
Ya, hopefully someone will respond and give us some ideas - maybe even the developer. I'm willing and ready to pay for my third license, but if I can't get SMS notification that's gonna suck!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #919
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130

Why doesn't BB Alerts do calendar events?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #920
KrzyPearl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8230
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
Why doesn't BB Alerts do calendar events?
This would be VERY useful!
Closed Thread