Old 07-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #61
grape8pe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf8664 View Post
For those of you Vista users who are having problem when you pair up your BB with Vista and get the annoying no device drivers found.

It said in the BlackBerry support you need BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 or later to use BB as a tethered modem via Bluetooth.

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.x and earlier does not support Bluetooth tethered modem functionality with Windows Vista

Did you try to upgrade you BB device software to version 4.3 or version 4.5?
You can download both from BlackBerry download site.

Hope this helps. Let me know.
Thanks for the info. I switch back to Windows XP though. If I ever switch back to Vista, I'll try what you suggested. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #62
TimW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Do you mean the device software or the desktop software? On T-mobile's website, they have 4.3.x desktop software but the device software is still only 4.2.2.x
Old 07-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #63
golf8664

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Not Desktop Software, I am referring to device software 4.3 or 4.5, that's the software that runs and powers up you BB handheld. You need to download this from BlackBerry website. That where you can only find it. From the download site if you select Desktop Software 4.5 or 4.3 from the dropdown you will see you can download the device software from the same location. The device software in T-Mobile site is an old one as you can see 4.2.2.x
Old 10-24-2008, 03:47 AM   #64
2Tall2Ride

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon (The Restricted One)
Default Possible SOLUTION

Hey All,

I searched the Intraweb for a week and I finally have a interim solution. Like you all I had a missing driver problem. The Bluetooth would install 3 Comm ports and leave two uninstallable (Peripheral Error).

At first I was unable to get my BB to sync using BT, it would hang on "Working"

MY SOLUTION:
In the Vista Bluetooth Device Properties window, if you select your BB and go to its properties page. You should be given the option to select the services tab to will see a bunch of services that your BB "should" be able to do. On my Dell I had 5 services listed and all selected
- Advanced Audio
- BB Bypass Service
- BB Desktop Service
- DUN
- Headset Audio Gateway

Notice you there are 5 services, but only 3 Comm ports (ie pipes). I deactivated (unchecked) Adv. Audio and Headset Audio Gateway. Then I had a matching set (3 services and 3 Comm Ports).

After making this change I was able to sync my BB via BT. Although I haven't tried it yet, you should be able to BT tether as well.

NOTE: This did not solve the DRIVER issue. I disabled the two troublesome Comm ports, that the PC could not drive.

I hope this helps.
- 2Tall2Ride
"Rubberside DOWN!"

Last edited by 2Tall2Ride; 10-24-2008 at 03:49 AM..
Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #65
ivonmarie64

Model: 8110
Carrier: ATT

How i can use my BLackberry 8110 with bluetooth or USB in my laptop that had Vista. I want to use it like a modem . I had an unlimited plan.
Closed Thread