Old 04-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #21
Lookout

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post
Doesn't work at all? I'd be kind of surprised my 8800 works fine with my A6 4.2 (2005) and I even had a Motorola razr working with it and in general I find motorola's bluetooth implementations to be the most finicky.

I also have used my car's bluetooth successfully with an 8700c. As the 8100 is a model that came out between the 8700 and the 8800 in terms of release dates, etc. it would be very strange indeed that it would not work.

have you updated your 8100 to the latest software etc.? Do you have other phones that you have successfully paired with the car so you can be sure you are following the right process?

If you provide more detail I'll try to help you out.
2005 A6 Questions:
I am planning to purchase an 8800 in the next week or so and I own a 2005 A6. I've read on the BB site that there may be some false ring problems. My question is are you having any problems? Also, is your phonebook uploading to the car?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #22
TheYoshi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
2005 A6 Questions:
I am planning to purchase an 8800 in the next week or so and I own a 2005 A6. I've read on the BB site that there may be some false ring problems. My question is are you having any problems? Also, is your phonebook uploading to the car?

Unfortunately it's not that simple, a lot of it depends on the version of the MMI software your vehicle is running, have you had it updated at all? One easy way to ensure that you do get it update is by asking about the newest version of the Navigation DVD. If you buy it I believe they have to update your MMI to a newer version. Are you active on AudiWorld? There is tons of MMI version discussion there.

All of that said I'd call the integration flawless. The ONLY gripe I have is that I can't use the car system to access the voice dialing commands within the phone, I have to rely on the car's voice control system, considering how well the voice system in the car works I'm getting pretty nit-picky to say that I have an issue with it.

Like I've said before, use the address book transfer features to COPY your most commonly used numbers into your car's memory and set up a voice prompt to dial them. To be honest if I have to call someone other than those I have copied in (which are who I call 95% of the time) the I just use the phone itself to dial, it's far faster to find an entry that way than to scroll through MMI when you have 300+ contacts like I do.

Oh yea, one more thing. I can't tell you if the phone will or won't work on an older MMI version, just that it DOES work on the newest version (which also happens to have a few more features), it may work fine on the old version, I just can't tell you if it will or won't as my car was updated prior to me getting my 8800.

Last edited by TheYoshi; 04-27-2007 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: More information
Old 04-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #23
Lookout

Thanks for your response. I recently had my MMI software updated due to a problem with the keyless start system.

I understand there are no guarantees with which phones are compatible. I currently have a Moto RAZR that uploads the phonebook to the MMI but according to Audi it shouldn't.

So, I guess I will give it a try anyway. Hopefully, everything will work out.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #24
genearch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
Probably because you have a Verizon phone. You would likely encounter the same issue with any of the other "bluetooth enabled" phones offered by Verizon.
(Sorry, late to the thread)

I have had zero issues with my Verizon 8703 in either my BMW X5 or my 650i. Yesterday I received my 8830 and, no issues at all in both. Full address book transfer and it simply works as it should. I do like the new feature of the 8830 where I can choose a category only... much better than the "all or hotlist only"
options of the 8703.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #25
ded

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Upgraded my Pearl to Rogers v4.2.1.148 yesterday and have an error today when connected to Audi A6 2005
"Uncaught exception java.lang.ClassCastException"
After that message bluetooth is droping the connection with the car and freeze until buttery removed (bluetooth can't be turn off in the menu and led flashing blue as connected)

I just start to enjoying my full bluetoth functionality after MMI upgrade and here it comes again ...
Anyone has the same issue ?
Any suggestions???
Old 05-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #26
ded

Quote:
2005 A6 Questions:

I have 2005 A6 4.2 and had a hard time with my BB Pearl. I spent hours on reading Audiworld.com plus looking for MMI updates with my dealer and finally my dealer has ordered CD update for MMI if you need TSB's let me know and I'll e-mail them or you can find them at audiworld.com

"On February 20th, Audi came out with a new MMI update. It is known as CD 4FO 906 961 AB. It replaces the MMI update that came out on November 1, 2006. You can get the update by complaining about losing the surround sound setting(TSB 91 07 08), strange noise or no sound through radio (TSB 91 07 05), cursor jumping in radio memory list (91 07 06), problems displaying satelite stations on screen (91 07 11). The other good news is that the dealer no longer needs to arrange for a rep. There are step by step instructions"
Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #27
Lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ded View Post
I have 2005 A6 4.2 and had a hard time with my BB Pearl. I spent hours on reading Audiworld.com plus looking for MMI updates with my dealer and finally my dealer has ordered CD update for MMI if you need TSB's let me know and I'll e-mail them or you can find them at audiworld.com

"On February 20th, Audi came out with a new MMI update. It is known as CD 4FO 906 961 AB. It replaces the MMI update that came out on November 1, 2006. You can get the update by complaining about losing the surround sound setting(TSB 91 07 08), strange noise or no sound through radio (TSB 91 07 05), cursor jumping in radio memory list (91 07 06), problems displaying satelite stations on screen (91 07 11). The other good news is that the dealer no longer needs to arrange for a rep. There are step by step instructions"
I did have a strange noise coming through the radio a day ago. I just thought it was a problem on XM's side. Just called my dealer today. Of course they are not aware of any MMI problems , "Sometimes people spill things on the MMI buttons..."

Did you install the CD yourself?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #28
ded

Quote:
I did have a strange noise coming through the radio a day ago. I just thought it was a problem on XM's side. Just called my dealer today. Of course they are not aware of any MMI problems , "Sometimes people spill things on the MMI buttons..."

Did you install the CD yourself?
No, dealer has to order and install it and CD has to match your VIN - otherwise you have to pay for the labour because your dealer won't be covered by the Audi's warranty
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #29
Lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ded View Post
No, dealer has to order and install it and CD has to match your VIN - otherwise you have to pay for the labour because your dealer won't be covered by the Audi's warranty
Thanks for the info...
Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
knewjerzee

Model: 8830
Unhappy 2006 A6 4.2 w/8830

Works for a couple of minutes....drops connection and can not get to restart. I have to remove all BT devices from the A6 and pull out the battery on the 8830.

I've been using the Blackberry 7130e for a year without a problem.

Does Audi have new MMI software that might solve this problem?

Connected the device to my wifes Acura MDX without a problem and to a Jabra headset without a problem.

Love the speakerphone in the car......hate using a headset OR the speakerphone on the berry.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #31
Lorenzo

Default Audi MMI + Verizon BB 8830

JG -

I'm also thrilled with my '06 A6 S Line, what a fun car.

I have a Treo 700p which syncs with MMI but freaks out on a regular basis. I want to get Verizon's BB 8830 but am concerned that Verizon has monkeyed with the bluetooth so I'll have the same problem with the blackberry.

Anyone have any experience with that? I'm tempted to move to another carrier rather than risk getting a phone that has limited functionality.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #32
bosox_45

Carrier: verizon
Default Verizon 8800 Bluetooth exception with Audi MMI

I'm using the Verizon 8830 with my 2007 Audi A4. I was getting the "Uncaught exception java.lang.ClassCastException" as experienced by some others in this thread. I was able to connect to the Audi MMI and make 1 call, but then the 8830 would disconnect and I would get the error. I also had my Jabra bluetooth headset as an option under Blootooth devices on the 8830.

Once I deleted the Jabra entry from the Blootooth devices list, the 8830 now works fine with the Audi MMI, I can make multiple calls without getting the error.

I was very frustrated because I wasn't able to get any info from Verizon or Audi, however, the suggestion mentioned earlier in this thread resolved the issue! Thanks!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #33
Lorenzo

Bosox_45

Also a Sox fan. I live north of Boston, south of Newburyport.

". . .the suggestion mentioned earlier in this thread resolved the issue!"

Can you be more specific?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #34
Lorenzo

Default Updated MMI Software

Got my new 8830 and had the MMI software updated at the same time. The bluetooth speaker phone works perfectly. I have many duplicates in my phone book but I'll deal with that later
Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #35
gpshields

Carrier: 02

I've just ordered a new Audi A6 with MMI / bluetooth.

Does anyone know if there is a cradle for a Blackberry 8100 Pearl ? The Audi blurb only states cradle support for the 8700.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:07 AM   #36
JonUK

Carrier: Orange
Default Audi MMI compatability List

Hi,

I have spent the last two weeks trying to find out if a Blackberry 8100 will work with my 06 Audi A6. I have the factory fitted Bluetooth and it would seem that Audi have no interest in helping me resolve this problem.

Out of total luck I spoke to a chap at Audi UK who sent me the attached PDF, it has listings of every phone that Audi have tested and includes there level of compatibility AND the software version that is required on the phone.

I hope this is of help, it would certainly of saved me many hours if I had it two weeks ago!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 AM   #37
JonUK

Carrier: Orange
Default No Attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonUK View Post
Hi,

I have spent the last two weeks trying to find out if a Blackberry 8100 will work with my 06 Audi A6. I have the factory fitted Bluetooth and it would seem that Audi have no interest in helping me resolve this problem.

Out of total luck I spoke to a chap at Audi UK who sent me the attached PDF, it has listings of every phone that Audi have tested and includes there level of compatibility AND the software version that is required on the phone.

I hope this is of help, it would certainly of saved me many hours if I had it two weeks ago!
Ok so the PDF was too big! Any ideas of how I can get it on the site ?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #38
Lookout

Unhappy Curve Error Message

I finally purchased a Curve over the past weekend. However, when I tried to send the phonebook to my 2005 A6 MMI system, I get the following error message:

"Unable to locate object push server."

I'm not sure what this means but I also noticed that the (previously) dialed calls, missed calls and received calls are not showing-up. I had a Moto RAZR that worked just fine, sending all of the above data to the car.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for ANY help!

Lookout
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #39
TeddyBGame

Jarrett et all,
Thanks for posting this information here. This thread was one of the reasons why I switched from my Verizon Moto Q back to the BB 8830 W/E (had a older BB 7290 prior to the Q).

The trick with the hotlist of contacts was clutch too!! I have this working in my 2001 A6 (with retrofitted OEM RNSE navigation headunit, OEM Bluetooth module, OEM sirius and some other goodies that were never offered in the A6 until model year 2005+). Here is my thread in the Audi Navplus.us board:
NAVplus :: Audi Navigation Forum :: View topic - Anyone tried the Verizon Blackberry 8830 worldphone over BT?

FYI - the OEM BT technology that is retrofitted in my 2001 A6 is exactly the same as what you would see in a 2007 RS4, S4, A4 etc. It looks and acts just like the MMI system in the 2005+ A6..but uses slightly different hardware etc.

Thanks again!!
-Ted
[email address]
Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #40
AMC48

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Compatability issues with 8310 Curve and Audi A6

I have recently purchased the 8310 curve and have a year old A6 with MMI. I was able to get my BB to sync with the MMI through the bluetooth connection to the extent that I was able to access my phonebook and make calls from the car kit. I have one issue I was able to hear people but they were not able to hear me. I have one question - wherein lies the fault? Is it a software issue with the A6? Is it a technical problem with the BB or the car? I am at a loss and trying to get through to my Audi dealer was a complete waste of time. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in anticipation.
Closed Thread