For anyone using a GSM 7130g/c, Proximus has released a new OS.
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.199 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 188.8.131.52
* Applications: 184.108.40.206
* Software Platform: 220.127.116.11
To install this update on ANY carrier's GSM 7130:
1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed. Latest version can be downloaded Here
2. Download AND
install to your PC the 18.104.22.168 OS package. Once downloaded double click on the file you downloaded to install to the PC.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in the BB, Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
*A backup and restore is part of the process so your data/apps will transfer over. After the OS loads it is not uncommon to see the spinning hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time on the device. The process can take 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data needs to be backed up and restored.
If you end up with a white screen with small icons with a circle and a line through it, simply plug back into the Desktop Manager, run Application Loader and reload the OS.
(link to previous OS thread: click here