BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #21
sergeyd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hmm, at this point we think that we will simply use DynoPlex eFile - the free eFile was just confusing people anyway and they were upset that it offered them to subscribe to additional features. Do you think "Save e-mail attachments" is clear enough? Don't people think they already have email attachments? I somehow thought the word Native will be more descriptive, but this is me.

Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback and we will give a free eFile license to all of you who contributed here.

I have another question I wanted to ask - what do you think of the pricing - we're considering $14.95 and $19.95. Is there a difference for somebody who thinks about buying? Any thoughts?
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #22
luc-mobile

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyd View Post
Do you think "Save e-mail attachments" is clear enough? Don't people think they already have email attachments? I somehow thought the word Native will be more descriptive, but this is me.

I have another question I wanted to ask - what do you think of the pricing - we're considering $14.95 and $19.95. Is there a difference for somebody who thinks about buying? Any thoughts?
Well, if I were shopping at Mobihand and saw "Save e-mail attachments", it would certainly catch my eye. I'd probably think "Hmmm... let's check it out, maybe it's what I want." But if I saw "Save e-mail attachments to media card or online storage" or "Save any e-mail attachment to your media card", you bet I'd immediately say THAT'S IT!

I think "media card" really has to be there somewhere because Blackberry owners know that they don't have it. And they want it. The online storage doesn't have to be in the catch-up line, it can be offered in the full product description.

About price: $15 is a no-brainer, anyone would pay that. I mean, come on. $20 may discourage the thriftiest, but the online storage is an interesting extra that could justify the price. For example, I've been having e-mail glitches with a certain client. Sometimes she won't get my messages - with attachments. Deadlines are involved, so she tugs on my sleeve and I have to send the files again. So whenever I have to go out (and drag my faithful and trustworthy BB along, of course), I don't leave home until I have sent the files to myself and uploaded them to BeamBerry. If she complains that she needs the files again, I can send them from wherever I am. I probably won't need online storage at all once I have media card storage (and once that client sorts her e-mail out ), but I like the idea of having a copy in the clouds.

Another thing you should take into consideration is the rumors that RIM is going to give away a 4.3 OS to all existing Curve users (which I still doubt), and that media card storage is included. That should be enough to prevent a lot of people from buying anything. That could completely kill your product, or maybe the added benefit of online storage could save it. I really don't know which way most users are likely to go.

Thanks for listening again.

Last edited by luc-mobile; 11-15-2007 at 06:05 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #23
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyd View Post
Hmm, at this point we think that we will simply use DynoPlex eFile - the free eFile was just confusing people anyway and they were upset that it offered them to subscribe to additional features. Do you think "Save e-mail attachments" is clear enough? Don't people think they already have email attachments? I somehow thought the word Native will be more descriptive, but this is me.

Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback and we will give a free eFile license to all of you who contributed here.

"save e-mail attachments" clear enough for me, but maybe some will get confuse between a native file and non recognize format.
if you said save native attachments file, don't you think that people will though that it will only save an image and other blackberry supported format (and a blackberry has that capability already with attachment service)?
how about "save ANY email attachments to storage card" if it come from search result i will sure click the program descriptions.

as for program name, if you named it "eFile" if im not mistaken you offer efile as a free program on your site ?

and about the pricing $14.95 - $19.95 is great
$14.95 i will sure recommend it to my group and most likely i will end up purchase a volume licenses
$19.95 will make people think are they really need the program.

and can you also make the program transferable, so if the user change their handheld, they can also transfer the license to the new device, as your masterdoc and eoffice

and please Sergey put it aslo on mobihand, because they accept paypal from any buyer (most of us not comfortable using credit card over the internet) and had a great customer service.

Last edited by nyubi; 11-15-2007 at 08:37 PM..
Old 11-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #24
luc-mobile

Sergei, nyubi has a point: isn't calling it "eFile" just going to add up to the confusion? You say that it has been confusing people already. Now you're going to change it considerably: it's not free anymore and it has a major new feature. I don't know, I think I'd go with another name so everyone knows it is different. Because it is different.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #25
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

DynoPlex eSave ?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #26
bhw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Guys,
Just to reiterate. I have V 4.3 on my Verizon 8130 and I am not able to save attachments or anything other than media files to the media card. Perhaps .txt documents, but I haven't tried those. Certainly not .doc or .xls files or any other attachments. I would welcome this new product at $15.
Kind regards,
Bruce
Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #27
sergeyd

Thanks guys, great feedback! I will take it back to the product team. BTW, for the future - you can buy software directly from us and we do take paypal. We can also get you a volume license with volume discount.

As far as the name we were thinking not to offer eFile free anymore, you're right. The software itself will still be eFile, and the ribbon icon will say as much. What do you think about eFile Pro as a paid product for $14.95 and eFile stays free?
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #28
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

yes imho pro thing will work, so people won't confuse anymore with free and pro version. (as long as you also describe it well the differences between those two)
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 AM   #29
luc-mobile

Yes, eFile Pro is not bad.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #30
knipknup
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

So to clarify, this will include all the features of efile with the addition of saving to memory card. In other words, it will include the network save option?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #31
bhw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default EFile Pro

Yes this is a good title. I might just mention that I tried to use your products before and had a very difficult time with them and finally did a wipe of my BB Pearl 8130 to remove them and all traces. BUT, I believe the probelm was that I tried to load the programs first with the program loader of the desktop manager and then reattempted to load them OTA. It seems that the desktop manager does not work properly. I've seen some comment that it has a bug. I'm sorry that I had a bad experience. I'm hoping that this product will be available OTA as Verizon has not updated the DEsktop Manager for the 8130 Peal as yet.
Bruce
Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #32
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

sergey is there any update news on eFile pro ?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #33
sergeyd

As a matter of fact, yes! We have just released eFile Pro today - eFile™, DynoPlex Inc. - at the price of $14.95. We have it on Mobihand as well, but the description there is still not updated. So please download and try it. Also, nyubi, bhw and luc-mobile - you guys get free keys for your help . I will PM them to you in a little while.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #34
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks for putting the software on Mobihand, i will try it (thanks again for your free license), and post back with the small review here or suggestion if there is any, will likely endup purchase volume licensing from mobihand ;)

edited:

i guess dynoplex haven't had ota link for eFile pro ?
have to download it from my laptop

Last edited by nyubi; 11-20-2007 at 09:03 PM..
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #35
sergeyd

Oops, the OTA link should have been there, I just fixed the page, please try again from your BB->Mobile Site->Downloads, should be at the bottom of the page.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #36
bhw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default OTA EFile Pro

Thank you so very much for kindly providing a license. I went to the mobile site about 20 minutes ago and EFP was not there, but just now it is. I'm downloading it now.

I'll write more after trialing it.

Thanks again!

Bruce
Old 11-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #37
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

anyone succeed saving an attachment ?
i got 535 error when registered, have tried to reset firewall, and choose any other method listed on network advance menu still got error (only email method working)

and when tried to saving an attachment got:
"Uncaugt exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(152) is not
responding process terminated."

and now still cant access the network storage due to error 535 :d

Last edited by nyubi; 11-21-2007 at 03:27 AM..
Old 11-21-2007, 03:23 AM   #38
luc-mobile

Bah! My mail server has been down for 2 hours, so I can't send mail to myself and test the attachments.

But I copied some of the demo samples from the online folder to my SD card. It's a good sign: it works. But it's just not the same. I'll get back with more comments when my mail server is up again.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 AM   #39
bhw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default it works i think!

U
chose edit attachment in order to get the efile menu to appear. Then it allowed me to save "native" to the card. But the only way to view the saved attachment was to use ehile to email it back to me using the edule network. Is this correct?

Last edited by bhw; 11-21-2007 at 07:57 AM..
Old 11-21-2007, 07:56 AM   #40
dmacd

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange UK
Default How to save attachment with eFile?

How do you save an attachment with eFile? I don't see any save option in the email application. When selecting View attachment or Edit attachment all I get is 'option not available'.
Closed Thread