BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #61
luc-mobile
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Please Login to Remove!

No, it isn't. Too many applications stop working if the firewall is enabled.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:14 AM   #62
bhw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default view all

Sergey,
There is no link for view all on the mobile download page. Please send a link.

Nyubi,
I do not use firewall on my BB.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #63
sergeyd

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

It is called MasterDoc
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #64
bhw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Default masterdoc

So,Viewall only comes with Masterdoc, but not as a standalone product?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #65
sergeyd

Correct. We used to sell individual items but then stopped - people would by just viewall and then realize they need others for attachment store etc - so it did not work out. So we decided to keep it simple and have eOffice and MasterDoc. Now we have added eFile Pro, since it just makes sense.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #66
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

finally i get rid of the firewall thing on my device, successful registered eFile pro, and tried it.

here what i thought about eFile pro:
- network storage kinda slow, but i think it more network dependand not the program (at least i only tried it once), because save to internal storage is more important issue to user
- shortcut would be great if there is a plan to implement it on next release (because navigating on efile screen a bit slow)
- hmm i might say that this program only work with handheld without a firewall enable, it would be great if somehow program can work with firewall (because i now many people using firewall on their device), hope my log file will help that
- have experience that although file info (and attachment has been open) when i press save, "file not ready yet", network depend problem ?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:55 PM   #67
sergeyd

I'm glad it worked finally for you. However, I'm a bit puzzled about your issue with the firewall. By default, any action on the handheld, such as access to phone logs, media store or network by an application requires user approval. You get this annoying popup and can allow or deny specific actions, including check mark "do not ask me this silly question ever again". if you have allowed it - there should be no firewall issues. Of course, the BES admin can also disable internet access through corporate firewall, but this should not be at play here, since I understand you're on BIS. Could you elaborate what have you done to get rid of the firewall?
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 11-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #68
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyd View Post
By default, any action on the handheld, such as access to phone logs, media store or network by an application requires user approval. You get this annoying popup and can allow or deny specific actions, including check mark "do not ask me this silly question ever again". if you have allowed it - there should be no firewall issues. Of course, the BES admin can also disable internet access through corporate firewall, but this should not be at play here, since I understand you're on BIS.
yes i'm on BIS, and yes again with my firewall enable handheld i have allow all the permission, and still get error 535, even follow your instruction to reset the firewall and change the network setting.

eFile is a great program for saving attachment (either network or internal storage), but if needed to view than masterdoc is the answer, and for editing doc and xls eoffice is the answer, i think you got all segment covered by your programs

it's up to the user which type they need most, for me eFile suite me best
Old 12-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #69
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

sergey, i have another feedback on eFile pro, every time I've change / take my battery out, when i first open eFile again i have to scan my email again, this would be no problem if my email only hundreds , what about thousand ?

and my friend has also try eFile, he said eFile displayed attachment saved, but when he plug his berry to desktop computer the attachment not there.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #70
sergeyd

It should only scan from the moment of the last email - and anyway you can cancel it. This is done to access attachments and we presume reboot requires rescan, not to lose email.

As far as your friend, which folder did he save the attachment to?
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 12-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #71
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

internal storage sdcard (using os 4.3), it's strange because eFile say file there, but dekstop said no file is cad file (if matter)

as for email scanning yes, it can be canceled but by the moment i open eFile again i have to cancel it over (asking for email scanning again), and it scan over from beginning again, not continue from last email

and I aslo have my self purchased eFile pro from mobihand (for my colleagues), they said Efile not required serial number, so i have to email dynoplex customer support for serial number, great customer support you guys have

Last edited by nyubi; 12-03-2007 at 01:07 AM..
Old 12-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #72
sergeyd

yeah, if you cancel it will not update the watermark.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #73
skelzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

sergey, thanks for your answers in this thread... very helpful.

but considering that the original question was open to any suggestions, does anyone have another solution... something that is super simple, that only adds the ability to save to media card? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #74
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyd View Post
yeah, if you cancel it will not update the watermark.
sergey, about mobihand, have your team contact them about the licensing?
because i will purchased another copy of eFile from mobihand in near future
it's not convenient to contact dynoplex support everytime i purchase from mobihand

Last edited by nyubi; 12-03-2007 at 08:06 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #75
luc-mobile

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyubi View Post
sergey, i have another feedback on eFile pro, every time I've change / take my battery out, when i first open eFile again i have to scan my email again
That also happens to me. It hasn't really annoyed me because I haven't really used eFile Pro (no need to save attachments lately), but it would annoy me if I used it every day. Why is that required anyway?

What is really annoying me is that when I start composing SMS or e-mail or a new note in Notepad, I get a pop-up that says that "eSpell is not running". And I do have to press OK to be allowed to proceed. That is happening quite often and annoys me.

Last edited by luc-mobile; 12-04-2007 at 03:55 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #76
sergeyd

Hmm - which version are you running? This was fixed in 4.1.200. Also, it could be that you have an older module installed that tricks eFile into thinking it has spell check activated.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 12-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #77
Black Mamba

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Smile Storage

Use dynoplex server storage. I use it for all of my files to have online access. It has unlimited storage
Closed Thread