Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #41
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

but I can edit his quote as well... muahhhahahahahah x2

but I won't do so, to preserve the fine integrity of this whole threadcrap!

Last edited by JSanders; 02-20-2008 at 10:53 AM..
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #42
spyder8800
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I think you are reading to much into what I said. I don't know what your definition of belittling is, but that was way better than I wanted to say.

How do you suggest I say you are giving dumb advice please stop?
lol, Truthfully Dawg, i dont have a great answer for that one....im not really trying to turn this into a huge thing....i just think that telling someone there advice stinks (not in so may words) with a thumbs-down a touch harsh..

i understand where your coming from totally but everyone tries to offer help, thats what these sites are all about...responses like that tend to hinder people from participating and learning about their devices..thats all i meant..
Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #43
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder8800 View Post
lol, Truthfully Dawg, i dont have a great answer for that one....im not really trying to turn this into a huge thing....i just think that telling someone there advice stinks (not in so may words) with a thumbs-down a touch harsh..

i understand where your coming from totally but everyone tries to offer help, thats what these sites are all about...responses like that tend to hinder people from participating and learning about their devices..thats all i meant..
Well I respectfully disagree with you. I dont think it was harsh at all. I have made and have seen others including mods make much harsher comments. I think mine was fair and to the point. But I think we need to put the thread back on topic now.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #44
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder8800 View Post
I agree slightly, but the reason I mainly disagree is this:

It will make people think twice about posting something before they post it. The last thing I want is someone to give me bogus information or advice that just doesn't make sense. His post happens to be one of those, why wait for a new version? I think dawg's comment was pretty light compared to what he could have said and did say later on. He did not personally attack the guy or call him stupid, he was making sure that everyone knew that it was poor advice.

just my .02

*yes back on topic sorry.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Back on thread topic, I did get an email from BBSmart about the upcoming release and they said "We believe a beta should be available probably very early March. Aiming for a solid public release mid-March." This looks good but has eZainny provided any sneak peak announcements yet? My BB 8820 is due back later this week from ColorwarePC and I would like to get this installed right away.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #46
kaz

Model: 9800
PIN: ask
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I personally prefer BBSmart, the developer checks in here often and takes care of issues easily.
I reported two issues in october 2007, to which the answer was "Thanks for letting us know! We were able to reproduce this here also and will certainly fix this in the upcoming release." naturally I wanted to know when "upcoming" was, and the answer was simply "I can't give you an exact date for the next version release. It could be several months from now."

I love the software, but the two bugs I reported are a pain in the..... if you get a txt/html only email as an attachment, it hangs. If you scroll down tot he buffer, you have to force it to download more... its not "natural" like the RIM viewer. And when it does download more, you cant scroll gracefully between the old and the "new" pages, it acts like a pagebreak.

I patiently waited 6-7 months for a resolution before publicly complaining, but when i saw your comment, I had to say something. Don't get me wrong, I love bbsmart, but not fixing problems is a problem. We pay licensing fees for something.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #47
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz View Post
I reported two issues in october 2007, to which the answer was "Thanks for letting us know! We were able to reproduce this here also and will certainly fix this in the upcoming release." naturally I wanted to know when "upcoming" was, and the answer was simply "I can't give you an exact date for the next version release. It could be several months from now."

I love the software, but the two bugs I reported are a pain in the..... if you get a txt/html only email as an attachment, it hangs. If you scroll down tot he buffer, you have to force it to download more... its not "natural" like the RIM viewer. And when it does download more, you cant scroll gracefully between the old and the "new" pages, it acts like a pagebreak.

I patiently waited 6-7 months for a resolution before publicly complaining, but when i saw your comment, I had to say something. Don't get me wrong, I love bbsmart, but not fixing problems is a problem. We pay licensing fees for something.
I get these same exact issues on the OEM viewer so it may not be a BBsmart issue
Old 05-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #48
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

FINALLY! EmpowerPro v3.0.68.7 works on my 8320 v4.5.0.18.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #49
PPCMD

I own a copy of both apps and right now I use Empower, mainly because of the ability to cache on the microSD card. A few months ago eZainny posted screen shots and has been saying it was coming very soon, well soon and very soon has turned into not sure when. I am not a software developer so I have no clue what goes into it. They could be having issues with 4.5 and/or 4.6 but they do not say much and now they seem to be focused heavily on their new app. Developers may offer free updates but what good are they if the updates take so long that you are forced to buy another app.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #50
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I give props to zainy for not rushing out an update that is crap. We have had develpoers here who push out one bad update after another. So for zainy to release sound updates I give him huge props. He never gave a time line. Look at the 4.5 hell they said it was coming in april and its now almost june. So dont be so impatient.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #51
lamonicaj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
I'm on the 15-day trial version and like it BUT is it worth the $25 price tag? IS there other cheaper email software outthere?
I have BBSmart Email Viewer as well & love it. Before finding an application that changed the look of the emails I was seriously reconsidering getting one....this application sealed the deal for me!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #52
PPCMD

It is ultimately the developers fault regardless of who they are or our personal opinions of how great they are. If they put out an impression that a product will be forthcoming and show off screen shots and again give a clear impression (as was done in this case) that it was about to launch then its their fault. I have no problem waiting for an app, but I do have an issue with no word, no updates and no feedback on the status. We do pay more per app for these boutique apps than we do or would consider paying for the desktop apps. BBSmart is a great app but there is competition.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #53
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Yes; you did pay for it. No where in your agreement did it ever say that he had a time frame to release the updates or even if he would. If you want to go with the competitor by all means go, but dont bash a man because he hasnt given you something he never guaranteed.. You can rant and rave all you want its a free country. But I would seriously reconsider it.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #54
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Yep, I'd rather wait for a good, smooth update than have one released too soon that's crap.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #55
PPCMD

Dawg, your last sentence is pretty clear, you are either a moderator on this forum or you know them well enough to get someone tossed out for expressing their own opinion, then that is a sad statement. If comment had some other implication then please elaborate. But as usual you don't actually read the full post you only comment on what you want about it.

As I stated in my post " . . . I have no problem waiting for an app, but I do have an issue with no word, no updates and no feedback on the status. We do pay more per app for these boutique apps than we do or would consider paying for the desktop apps. BBSmart is a great app but there is competition."

Also as I stated previously I own a copy of each and enjoy the benefits of each. I am also more than willing to wait for an app to be updated, but I also expect some amount of info. Developers do have web sites they certainly do have the ability to communicate with their user base via email or info on the site. Forums in my opinion are NOT the best place to udpate users because you do not reach all of them.

At any rate I would say this has been covered more than well enough.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #56
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
Dawg, your last sentence is pretty clear, you are either a moderator on this forum or you know them well enough to get someone tossed out for expressing their own opinion, then that is a sad statement. If comment had some other implication then please elaborate. But as usual you don't actually read the full post you only comment on what you want about it.

No I am not a mod here and trust me I cant have anyone tossed here but myself. With that said I really didnt mean anything by that statement other than its silly to to keep on ranting about it.

And I have been following the full thread so please dont tell me what I think or dont think.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #57
PPCMD

I will make a one last comment and that is I didn't tell you what or what not to think at all. I simply said you did not read the full post and I clearly didn't elaborate enough in that I meant my post. Done.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #58
bill291

Model: 8800
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Connection Settings

I have a BB8800 that i purchased BBSmartview for. I cannot get the connection settings to work. I have a Blackberry Enterprise Server running 4.1 code and have tried each of the four connection options all fail with the same error telling me my radio coverage is the problem. I am on T-Mobile. What is the proper setting for T-Mobile? My browsing works fine.
Closed Thread