BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #981
lskolnik
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
lskolnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest
Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 39
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewars
Here is my experience with getting a tracking number from VZW.

ME: "Hi, can I get a tracking number for my order?"

VZW: "What is your order number?"

ME: "xxxxxxxxx"

VZW: "I don't have that yet, its being processed. Please (Ding Dong) call tomorrow."

ME: "Never mind, FedEx is at my door, thanks for your help"

This happen to me when I ordered my 7130e when it came out...
Ditto! So funny! My experience to a tee for my 7250, 7130, and Q. Unfortunately, some of us will just have to wait a little longer.
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #982
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 101
Default

VZW has always left my replacement phones without a signature. I do not know about new products. I will be home waiting for it!
__________________
Verizon BlackBerry 8330
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #983
InPocket
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
InPocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHPHOCKEY
VZW has always left my replacement phones without a signature. I do not know about new products. I will be home waiting for it!

well ill leave a note on the door.. im hoping that since I ordered Sat night it will ship monday. As I reset my xv6700 I dreamt of using the box from my new blackberry to destroy my xv6700.
__________________
8330 ...
PIN: 30279C3E
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #984
spinsker
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: none
Posts: 3
Default Got it!

Thanks for the help earlier today. I called the 800# and spent over 2 hours!!!! on the phone with them straightening out the mess from when I switched to Verizon with an old phone on Sept. 1st. Apparently all sorts of mistakes were made, and at one point they said I had to switch numbers to get the upgrade. My husband said he was a litigation lawyer and threatened them if they didn't sort this out so we finally got the phone ordered and kept the phone number. My phone should arrive on Wednesday.

The only problem is that they said you can't do a family share plan with 2 blackberries - does anyone know if this is accurate? We have to have 2 separate plans...

Thanks again! I can't wait until Wednesday!

Susan
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #985
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPocket
how long after? did you have overnight or regular 2 - 5? do you have to sign or can i leave a sign on the door to leave it at the stoop?

Anytime I order anything off VZW.com (phone or accessory) I get it next day. That is with there free stamdard shipping. Lets hope they processe these orders quickly. I'm hoping for a Tuesday delivery.

As for a signature being required, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I've had phones left without signatures and I had to sign for some car chargers. Does not make sense to me.
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #986
rctoyguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clay, Alabama
Model: 5290
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
they said you can't do a family share plan with 2 blackberries
They told me exactly the opposite. I haven't tried to do it yet, but I asked specifically if I could do 1 blackberry, 1 non blackberry on a family share plan, they said yes - then I asked about 2 blackberries on family share, they said yes.

LOL - Just goes to show, even VZW doesn't know what they can/can't/will/won't do...
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #987
itsj
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
itsj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 173
Default

VZW can be pretty weird at times, i had to pick a new plan for the line however when i logged in to check after i ordered the blackberry for that line, my features were still the same.

do the new features just turn on when you start using the phone or a call to vzw is required
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #988
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 101
Default

When you order a phone the new changes activate with the phone.
__________________
Verizon BlackBerry 8330
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #989
itsj
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
itsj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 173
Default

so the first time i run the phone everything will be activated? because it hasn't changed on the site as of yet
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #990
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 587
Default

you need to do *228 and activate the phone and deactivate your old one.. it will then change over the plans... the instructions on how to activate the new phone will be in the box
Offline  
Old 09-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #991
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHPHOCKEY
Blackberry Messenger and they are creating a AIM compatible one.
Do you or anyone else have the link to I think it was bbhub or blackberrycool that discussed this? I can't seem to find it again..
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 12:45 AM   #992
genearch
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: At the Beach
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspiegel
Do you or anyone else have the link to I think it was bbhub or blackberrycool that discussed this? I can't seem to find it again..
Here is some info:

Link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...m-msn-icq.html
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 AM   #993
itsj
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
itsj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 173
Default

that link has good info, i found it on blackberry cool as well, in the previous topics.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 AM   #994
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Posts: 101
Default

Ok, so I feel as if I have given solid feedback to the forum...Therefore it is my turn to look like an idiot!

So, I have the 7250 now. I have my contacts and such in Outlook and plan to sync my new 8703e on Tuesday. Is this the best way to transfer my contacts, or if I use the software to do a Backup/Restore will that also work?

I assume the best way is to stop being lazy and just use Outlook and redo all of my settings. Also, does anyone have any insight on how to put mp3s as ringtones (the process)? Can I use my m4a songs (legal music off iTunes)?

Any good software recommendations for the new phone? This is like going to a candy store when I was a kid...Except its a tid bit more expensive!

Mike
__________________
Verizon BlackBerry 8330
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 AM   #995
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsker
Thanks for the help earlier today. I called the 800# and spent over 2 hours!!!! on the phone with them straightening out the mess from when I switched to Verizon with an old phone on Sept. 1st. Apparently all sorts of mistakes were made, and at one point they said I had to switch numbers to get the upgrade. My husband said he was a litigation lawyer and threatened them if they didn't sort this out so we finally got the phone ordered and kept the phone number. My phone should arrive on Wednesday.

The only problem is that they said you can't do a family share plan with 2 blackberries - does anyone know if this is accurate? We have to have 2 separate plans...

Thanks again! I can't wait until Wednesday!

Susan
Not true in my case. Two of the four phones on our family plan are Blackberry's.....
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 07:40 AM   #996
sparky12
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
sparky12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 9930
PIN: 3300AFF0
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 116
Default

After placing my order yesterday I called the number listed previously (800-711-7773) and talked to a very helpful person. He said that he would try and get the fulfillment people to get me the phone overnight but whether or not he could catch it depended on my credit history with VZW. Apparently, since I've always been on time with my bill they processed the sale immediately and it would be shipped 2-day express (the one time I wish I wasn't up to speed with my payments). He was going to email the center to try and get it overnighted. We'll see. Worst case is Wednesday.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #997
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky12
After placing my order yesterday I called the number listed previously (800-711-7773) and talked to a very helpful person. He said that he would try and get the fulfillment people to get me the phone overnight but whether or not he could catch it depended on my credit history with VZW. Apparently, since I've always been on time with my bill they processed the sale immediately and it would be shipped 2-day express (the one time I wish I wasn't up to speed with my payments). He was going to email the center to try and get it overnighted. We'll see. Worst case is Wednesday.
I just spoke with the customer service folks. My order hasn't been processed yet but she thought it likely it would ship today but worst case tomorrow. They use Fed-Ex two day shipping. No need for me to upgrade (read pay more) shipping.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #998
spinsker
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Model: none
Posts: 3
Default Fed Ex question

So what was the verdict about Fed. Ex. They're shipping to me on Wednesday and I will only be home in the afternoon. What is my best procedure for dealing with this?

Susan
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 AM   #999
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
whsbuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SE PA.
Model: 9800
OS: 4.6.0.304
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky12
After placing my order yesterday I called the number listed previously (800-711-7773) and talked to a very helpful person. He said that he would try and get the fulfillment people to get me the phone overnight but whether or not he could catch it depended on my credit history with VZW. Apparently, since I've always been on time with my bill they processed the sale immediately and it would be shipped 2-day express (the one time I wish I wasn't up to speed with my payments). He was going to email the center to try and get it overnighted. We'll see. Worst case is Wednesday.
Same here. Ordered this morning, called the Internet Sales center and she put a note on the order but no promise of overnight shipping. She said I would get an email notification when its processed. Worse case would be is to contact FedEx and waive the signature for delivery if it does not ship overnight.
Offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #1000
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledatageek
I just spoke with the customer service folks. My order hasn't been processed yet but she thought it likely it would ship today but worst case tomorrow. They use Fed-Ex two day shipping. No need for me to upgrade (read pay more) shipping.
Just got e-mail confirmation that my full price unit shipped, no word on the discounted one yet...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Samsung OfficeServ 7100 Cabinet W/ MP10 Proc UNI SD Card V4.04 4 Ds5014d Phones
$499.99
Samsung OfficeServ 7100 Cabinet W/ MP10 Proc UNI  SD Card V4.04 4 Ds5014d Phones pictureSamsung OfficeServ 7100 System Cabinet w/MP10, 2 x UNI modules. TESTED
$250.0
Samsung OfficeServ 7100 System Cabinet w/MP10, 2 x UNI modules. TESTED pictureken block funny logo iphone samsung galaxy S10 pixel
$23.99
ken block funny logo iphone samsung galaxy S10 pixel pictureken block funny logo iphone samsung galaxy S10 pixel
$23.99
ken block funny logo iphone samsung galaxy S10 pixel pictureken block funny logo iphone samsung galaxy S10 pixel
$23.99
ken block funny logo iphone samsung galaxy S10 pixel picture






Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.