BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick
Carrier: Verizon
Default Large "Application Permission" on activation.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I seem to have an issue where I just switched out a users Blackberry to a Storm. Then upon activation the "application permissions" has 1075 entries. It takes about 1 hr just to sync those app permissions. Why is it so large and is there a way to purge those permissions or at least clean up that part of the db. This has also happend in previous version of the BES and BB o/s. Not just 5.0. I have searched google, bb forums and blackberry.com and no hits. Most refer to permission on the bes it's self not the bb.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

The amount of changes and duration of depends on how many applications are on the device at the time of activation.
Yes, it takes a LONG time to do it.

If you want to shorten this portion of the activation, then you can manually delete all third-party apps from the device prior to Enterprise Activation.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick
Carrier: Verizon

Yeah, I thought so. Before I transferred the user from an 8830 to his tour. I did not choose to restore all of his 3rd party app. I transferred devices from DM. I also knew that most of his apps would not work or would need an upgrade because going from the 8830 to the 9530 with the storm being completely different.
But dam this takes forever.. There needs to be an easier way to remove 3rd party app permissions when only when doing a restore, transfer device or upgrade os, with out deleting the user from the BES.