Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #101
displacedtexan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: I like pencils
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

And the update will be coming out when HaTaX has the free time to fonish it up...
Old 02-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #102
Ragz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

Really????
Wow, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #103
displacedtexan
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I like pencils

Wirelessly posted

No problem!

He's doing it for free, just kinda irks me when people are getting free stuff and still keep asking for more.

The board I'm usually on is known for being blunt and brutal. Sometimes the attitude carries over. Didn't mean anything by it.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #104
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I have been absent for a while so I apologize for that. Took last weekend to do some ice fishing and had a family pet of 17 years pass on. Then work was pretty much a 12 hour affair for 5 days straight. Whirlwind of good & bad times!

Anyway, I'm doing some cleanup work with the new theme as I noticed a few graphical glitches. This theme needs to be updated with a fixed incoming caller screen and some SVG additions for SMS/MMS and alarm clock shortcuts.

I should have some updates posted out here this weekend.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #105
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp09 View Post
My first and probably my only theme! I love this theme!

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the BlackBerry Messenger Barcode Reader? It worked fine prior to me loading this theme. Now when I use the Barcode reader the 9700 will do one of a couple things. It will either go into a loop where the flash (very bright) will flash on/off until I pull the battery or after trying to scan the Barcode (unsuccessfully) it will get stuck in the camera until I pull the battery or hold down the power button to shut it off.

I still love the theme though and will tolerate these tiny issues.
And I have to say, this is a weird one... I've used my barcode scanner with no trouble, but I haven't used that theme in a while so I can't confirm this 100%. Can some other people in here test out their bar code scanners with the theme? If you need some barcodes to test on, goto this site and make some URL codes. QR-Code Generator
Old 02-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #106
finky

PIN: N/A

Sorry to hear about the passing of your pet, Hatax! I've got a cat of about 15 years with me, and I'll probably go APE s**t when she passes. Lol'ing, but true.

And sorry even more for the long work days! Those always take such a toll.

Hope thigs have gotten a little better!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #107
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation New version of Today-9700 up!

Alright, here's another minor update for this theme. I've added a few shortcuts to this version, they are:

(space) = QuickLaunch
(r) = Clock
($) = SMS/MMS
And this shortcut was present in other versions, but I'm including it for the list -
(f) = Profiles

The new incoming call screen is taken from the new theme so that everything fits nicely and is centered:

And of course, the links themselves if you can't find them posted 100 times throughout the thread.

Open these links up on your BB browser: (Same links as posted previously, files are updated though)
Click me for OTA Link

Click me for OTA Link of NON-Animated version

ALX Files for desktop manager installation are below if anyone needs non-ota links:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (393.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-NoAnimation-ALX.zip (394.0 KB, 126 views)
Old 02-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #108
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Also, to those testing my new theme.... I've uploaded a new version that you can download from the links I've provided before. This is pretty much the final build, as I haven't had any problems using it the past few weeks. The background "mask" now fades with everything else. Shortcuts have been updated and svg files have been tweaked for both. Only thing left to add is the profiles icon on the lock screen.

The last version I had a few isolated incidents of icons being missing on the home screen, anyone else see that? I did some tweaks and seem to have gotten rid of it.

Anyway, that's about it, please download it and let me know if you notice any bugs!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #109
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

For the beta testers on the new theme, if you downloaded it in the past 3 hours.... Re-download it again now.....

I added the profile icon to the lockscreen so you don't have to unlock to see your profile.

That's the only change I made...
Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #110
majorwoo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin2act View Post
I noticed that too. I bet it has something to do with the new threaded sms feature that is on OS 5.0 and up.
Has anyone found a way to return this to the way it used to be 4.x? I've been telling everyone I know at work to use this theme on their 8900's and when I got my 9700 I was excited to find the same theme. This is the only thing I find annoying - the lack of preview of SMS/MMS.

Just wanted to say great work though, I can personally vouch for at least 10 people I've helped install it and they all love it.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #111
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorwoo View Post
Has anyone found a way to return this to the way it used to be 4.x? I've been telling everyone I know at work to use this theme on their 8900's and when I got my 9700 I was excited to find the same theme. This is the only thing I find annoying - the lack of preview of SMS/MMS.

Just wanted to say great work though, I can personally vouch for at least 10 people I've helped install it and they all love it.
Seems that the newer OS 5.0 versions that include threaded SMS have other changes that come along with it. The ability to show new text messages in the Today text area is one of those changes, which kind of stinks. Hopefully they'll bring the functionality back, but it looks like for now that's the direction they're heading as all the newer releases have threaded SMS.

Glad that you and your co-workers are getting some use out of it! You can also install the 9700 theme on the 8900s if they have OS 5 installed on them...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #112
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

Wirelessly posted

HaTaX: this morning - after running it for several hours overnight - I had the missing homescreen icons problem again. This time all icons were missing except the icon in the first position, which for me is the main Messages screen. I have no idea how to duplicate this but it has only happened once so far.

The other thing is that the fades and background masking seem to make the OS appear sluggish. Are you planning on releasing a version without transitions/background masking?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #113
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

By the way, bravo on the scrolling icons on the main screen and getting the short cut keys to work. I could never get more than 1 shortcut key to work; the program would ignore all other hotkeys after the first line (even though I followed the Help file guidelines to the T). For aspiring theme builders, however did you manage to get the multiple shortcut keys to work? ;)
Old 02-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #114
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Yeah, the missing / faded icon problem seems to be a hit or miss thing. What makes me laugh is that it's normally one or two icons that do it, or one or two that don't. And beyond the button masks, the whole bottom row of icons is transitioned as an entire layer, nothing is done to each individual button. So really, if one button is messed up, they all should be. I'm going to do a little more testing and such to see if I can get rid of that problem.

Also the background mask I included in the fade, it seems to be a little too much for it, and can make the fade look like its stuttering. I have a few ideas here so I'll see if I can speed it up first, or maybe I'll just make the mask appear with no fade as it did before. It's just there to make text on the home screen more legible when you're not on the banner.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #115
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by calkenneth View Post
Wirelessly posted

By the way, bravo on the scrolling icons on the main screen and getting the short cut keys to work. I could never get more than 1 shortcut key to work; the program would ignore all other hotkeys after the first line (even though I followed the Help file guidelines to the T). For aspiring theme builders, however did you manage to get the multiple shortcut keys to work? ;)
I do most all of my SVG editing / creation manually. So what I do is add in my shortcut lines in the SVG after it's been exported by composer. You can also add additional shortcuts in composer by going to Interactivity -> Actions. Then click the launch application button, and choose what application you want to be triggered, and finish up by clicking change event to set it to the button you want.

If you want to do it the manual way, here's an example of what that section of my SVG looks like:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<!-- pz:tag output="anim" -->

<loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://QuickLaunch" begin="accessKey( )"/>
<loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_messaging_app.sms_and_mms" begin="accessKey($)"/>
<loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_profiles_app.Profiles" begin="accessKey(f)"/>
<loadScene xlink:href="x-exec://net_rim_bb_clock.net_rim_bb_clock" begin="accessKey(r)"/>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the "<!-- pz:tag output="anim" -->" line and add the shortcut applications directly after it as I have in the example above, and you can add as many shortcut keys as you like!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #116
raynicolini
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless

this is truely amazing had it on my 8900 and on my 9000 i had similar but with 10 icons on top of screen and 3 today plus in middle of screen , with your choice ( your first 3 icons would be the 3 that are placed in the middle screen) on the 9000 bold in the centre sceen it had 1 on the left and 2 on the right) i forget who made the theme.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...me-screen.html

Last edited by raynicolini; 02-09-2010 at 02:50 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #117
raynicolini
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
Time for an update ehh?

I just sent a new copy to some people testing my theme for me and hopefully the changes I've made will go over well.

Found a few tricks inside the SVG language to make my animations smooth and without the restart bugs that come out of composer. (Some docks will twitch or fading will suddenly restart fading again, etc) After I figured that out, I was able to clean up lots of code used to keep things neat when doing the animations.

Navigation is kind of a pain with the today text being between the top and bottom icons. When you pass through it on the way up without anything being displayed, it loses track of the navigation history pointer. If you go down "through" a list there onto the bottom row, it would remember it, but there is no way to bring it back to the top. Seems to be a bit of another bug in Theme Builder 5.0....

But on that thought, I tried a new layout for the screen. It took the bottom row of icons and moved it up against the top banner. Shrunk the icons and made room for 8 on that bar. The messages, calendar, and phone icon bar were moved just below those and they had a partial to full fade when activated. Below those icons is the today text expanded to 7 entries and the "status text" between today text and the icon bar above it.

Maybe I'll just get a screenshot of what the homescreen layout looks like, I'd like to get some feedback. I kind of think it looks cluttered, and really the only reason I moved things around was to prevent the today text from being between two SVG navigation sections...

One thing I am proud of is the size of the theme! It's just over 350K with all the animations and such, it actually went down since my last build of it.

Thanks for the support people!

bbjo - Glad you got it figured out and I'm sure you will love your 9700!
Hatax, i had the same setup for my 9000, but had 10 icons, where can we download that version.

great themes by the way
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #118
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by calkenneth View Post
Wirelessly posted

HaTaX: this morning - after running it for several hours overnight - I had the missing homescreen icons problem again. This time all icons were missing except the icon in the first position, which for me is the main Messages screen. I have no idea how to duplicate this but it has only happened once so far.

The other thing is that the fades and background masking seem to make the OS appear sluggish. Are you planning on releasing a version without transitions/background masking?
Yup, I saw the missing icons again, I would just like to know how the heck one of them will disappear and yet others right next to it are visible.. Anyway, I think I've gotten that minimized, if it happens it should happen only once. I'll be tweaking that over the next few revisions.

I noticed the fading was making it appear slow / sluggish so I changed the background mask and it's behavior. Check out the new version and see if it performs any differently for you. I know for 5+ minutes after a reboot my phone is a little slower, but after it's to life the animations seem quick and fluid now.

So re-download from that link I sent you earlier and let me know how the new version works for you! And thank you for the feedback!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #119
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
Yup, I saw the missing icons again, I would just like to know how the heck one of them will disappear and yet others right next to it are visible.. Anyway, I think I've gotten that minimized, if it happens it should happen only once. I'll be tweaking that over the next few revisions.

I noticed the fading was making it appear slow / sluggish so I changed the background mask and it's behavior. Check out the new version and see if it performs any differently for you. I know for 5+ minutes after a reboot my phone is a little slower, but after it's to life the animations seem quick and fluid now.

So re-download from that link I sent you earlier and let me know how the new version works for you! And thank you for the feedback!

Downloading now. Thank you! I also played around with the .svg shortcut keys on a theme I was working on. Turns out I was calling the Alarm application instead of the Clock application. I wonder if that was the problem!

I'll let you know what I find after I try this new version out.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #120
lholdsworth

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange

Nice variation on the original theme. I like it
Closed Thread