Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #21
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

i hate how there are people who are so brain washed by Apple
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

The iPhone will make millions of people very happy.
It's the device that many many iPod users (and non-ipod users) have been waiting for.
It'll likely make Apple, and Apple shareholders very happy as well.

Why not just leave it at that?
It's a brilliant device. Not intended to replace the BlackBerry by any stretch of the imagination. I'm keeping my Blackberry, you'll likely keep yours.
So be it.
Let the iPhone users have their fun and enjoy their device. Who are we to bash it every chance we get? It's pointless.

Apple's strict control over the design of their equipment is what makes their products stable and successful. Whether this holds true in the mobile phone market is anyone's guess, but I have a feeling it's going to be a non-issue.

Also, the iPhone screen is covered by optical glass. It's not going to scratch or crack. Smudged, yes. Damaged, no. It's not going to be as delicate as you think.

Whatever LAUNDRY LIST of flaws you can think of can likely be applied to any other product on the market.
If the iPhone doesn't suit your needs... then don't buy it. Same holds true for the BlackBerry.
The two devices shouldn't even be compared with eachother, since they aren't even competing with eachother.

I say enjoy your BlackBerry, and leave the iPhone people alone.

Cheers!

Last edited by penguin3107; 06-28-2007 at 10:05 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #22
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
i hate how there are people who are so brain washed by Apple
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

The iPhone will make millions of people very happy.
It's the device that many many iPod users (and non-ipod users) have been waiting for.
It'll likely make Apple, and Apple shareholders very happy as well.

Why not just leave it at that?
It's a brilliant device. Not intended to replace the BlackBerry by any stretch of the imagination. I'm keeping my Blackberry, you'll likely keep yours.
So be it.
Let the iPhone users have their fun and enjoy their device. Who are we to bash it every chance we get? It's pointless.

Apple's strict control over the design of their equipment is what makes their products stable and successful. Whether this holds true in the mobile phone market is anyone's guess, but I have a feeling it's going to be a non-issue.

Also, the iPhone screen is covered by optical glass. It's not going to scratch or crack. Smudged, yes. Damaged, no. It's not going to be as delicate as you think.

Whatever LAUNDRY LIST of flaws you can think of can likely be applied to any other product on the market.
If the iPhone doesn't suit your needs... then don't buy it. Same holds true for the BlackBerry.
The two devices shouldn't even be compared with eachother, since they aren't even competing with eachother.

I say enjoy your BlackBerry, and leave the iPhone people alone.

Cheers!

explain the shuffle, i'm sorry...but there is no dispute that the "Apple Image" blinds people. if you can't see that...just LOOK at consumers and the way they act. people drool over the Apple image with the white headphones and the fancy flingy colors. when it comes down to durability, features, and price...there are better alternatives.

apple really is brilliant b/c they are set up to make MILLIONS. nonetheless, the average consumer tends to be blinded by Apple quite easily (along with being blinded by lots of things on the market)

end of story
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #23
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
i hate how there are people who are so brain washed by Apple. Yes, they make good quality laptops. HOWEVER, their handheld devices really aren't that durable. The iPod scratches SO easily, the battery wears down quickly and needs replacing, etc...the laundry list goes on.
You can make a list of pros and cons for every product out there, including BlackBerrys.

At some point, if the list of pros outweighs the lists of cons, you'll probably find that the device is liked by consumers.

There's way more to overall experience of using a MP3 player than the battery and how easily the case scratches.

To say that Apple's brainwashed people because the iPod has some cons and people still buy it is pretty simplistic, no? I mean, it'd be fairly easy to make the same argument about BlackBerrys, or any other market-leading product.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #24
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
explain the shuffle, i'm sorry...but there is no dispute that the "Apple Image" blinds people. if you can't see that...just LOOK at consumers and the way they act. people drool over the Apple image with the white headphones and the fancy flingy colors. when it comes down to durability, features, and price...there are better alternatives.

apple really is brilliant b/c they are set up to make MILLIONS. nonetheless, the average consumer tends to be blinded by Apple quite easily (along with being blinded by lots of things on the market)

end of story
And my points above remain the same.
My response to you is ... SO WHAT !?!? Why do you care about those people you are talking about?

If you personally don't buy into the Apple hype and marketing style... then don't buy their products.
Saying people are "brainwashed" and "blinded" doesn't make them any less happy with their purchase.
Who are you to try to convince an iPod owner that there are better portable audio players out there? It's not your place. People are smart enough to make their own choices. It's not up to you, or anyone else to tell other people what they should or shouldn't buy. If a user doesn't want to do their own research to make sure that the device they buy fits their needs... then that's their business.

The only purchases that should matter to you are the ones you make for yourself. Millions of people owning iPhones should have no effect on your life whatsoever.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #25
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
You can make a list of pros and cons for every product out there, including BlackBerrys.

At some point, if the list of pros outweighs the lists of cons, you'll probably find that the device is liked by consumers.

There's way more to overall experience of using a MP3 player than the battery and how easily the case scratches.

To say that Apple's brainwashed people because the iPod has some cons and people still buy it is pretty simplistic, no? I mean, it'd be fairly easy to make the same argument about BlackBerrys, or any other market-leading product.
i said in my post that consumers are like this with lots of products. yes, this does happen with Blackberry, but not nearly as often. Blackberry truly is a superior product over PDA's when it comes to email and other functions. It's a solid device and it doesn't have too many bells and whistles (which has changed with the 8800 and Curve). When you go to the store, I think the PDA's look much more fancier than the Blackberry devices, hence, which is why my rich ex-girlfriend splurged $500 on a friggin' Treo (instead of a Blackberry) and she only uses it to text and talk. women...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #26
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
And my points above remain the same.
My response to you is ... SO WHAT !?!? Why do you care about those people you are talking about?

If you personally don't buy into the Apple hype and marketing style... then don't buy their products.
Saying people are "brainwashed" and "blinded" doesn't make them any less happy with their purchase.
Who are you to try to convince an iPod owner that there are better portable audio players out there? It's not your place. People are smart enough to make their own choices. It's not up to you, or anyone else to tell other people what they should or shouldn't buy. If a user doesn't want to do their own research to make sure that the device they buy fits their needs... then that's their business.

The only purchases that should matter to you are the ones you make for yourself. Millions of people owning iPhones should have no effect on your life whatsoever.

ok chief...clearly someone has become quite agitated
are you actually flaring up an internet fight with me?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #27
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
clearly someone has become quite agitated
are you actually flaring up an internet fight with me?
Not at all agitated. In fact, I thought we were having a somewhat good dialog about the issue.
I'm simply making my rebuttal to your statements.

I don't start internet fights with anyone, nor do I participate in them.
I'd hardly call this discussion a fight and I don't think it's even headed in that direction.
Maybe a "heated" discussion, but this is the Rants & Raves forum after all.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #28
EclipseGSohsix
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 32bba42d
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie115 View Post
If you have a BBPearl... what's the need for the iPod... IMO iPods are overated hehe, I don't think it's worthless... just that it's way too expensive.

yeah i definitely agree - the iphone is just way too expensive. $600 with a contract? that's just crazy! plus if you really wanted it, you'd have to be through ATT.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #29
packetknife
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830

For a first generation device they are being pretty ambitious. It remains to be seen whether they're Sidekicked or RAZRed. I'm better on the former though, I think they're too far ahead of their time and need more battery, more CPU, and more bandwidth to get Job's iPhone out the door proper. -Pk
Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #30
EclipseGSohsix
Thumbs Must Hurt

i think the touch screen idea is pretty cool, but it could also be a huge flop...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #31
RevRun
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Tmobile

I think the Iphone is a PoS and I would not be cought dead with that ugly thing...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #32
EclipseGSohsix
Thumbs Must Hurt

well i don't think i would go that far!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:42 AM   #33
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSohsix View Post
well i don't think i would go that far!
I think he hit right on the head. even my 16 year old daughter didnt want one said she would keep her 8525
Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #34
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Apple packaging and marketing is so 'Gaudy'.....imo.

Personally, i would criticize the iphone out of existence, but that's just me, personally. because there is no way anyone should pony up the $ 500-$600 premium for any electronic mobile device, unless it is made out of some rare materials or materials from outer space or something.....same goes for Blackberries, Treo's, Windows Mobile Phones, etc....

if price is based on functionality, then I would say ok, these smartphones are worth it, except for the iphone because the iphone doesn't really endevour to be as good as or better than any other smart phone on the market. All the iphone is is just a basic mobile phone with wi-fi. it is more a toy than a tool. But thanks to Apple for giving all the major manufacturers a demonstration as to what new technology can do, and how to use similar ideas to improve. I'd love to see a blackberry that has a touch screen like the iphones (but please, no glass).

Ultimately, I read something somwhere else that really hit the right note:
The difference between Bill Gates and Steve Jobs is that Bill doesn't wake up every morning wishing he was Steve.....

Also, what I found interesting, despite consumer criticizms is the amount of money that these 2 corporations donated to fighting real world diseases and other issues. Microsoft is at the very top.

Last edited by zero7404; 07-02-2007 at 08:09 AM..
Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #35
birddog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakman74 View Post
But thanks to Apple for giving all the major manufacturers a demonstration as to what new technology can do.
What new technology? The i-phone is just old technology, bundled together with a spit-shine.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #36
zero7404

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
spit-shine.
this is why i will never touch one....
Old 07-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #37
birddog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakman74 View Post
this is why i will never touch one....
LOL yup -- they're pretty slick!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #38
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Default ATT couldn't handle the heat

ATT wasn't even competent enough to handle the surge in new activations. I think this is ridiculous considering they KNEW every single iPhone they order will be sold and activated...they should have prepared and increased their system capacity.

totally irresponsible in my view and if Verizon wasn't too stuck up and accepted the iPhone deal...i bet there wouldn't be any hickups like you're seeing with ATT

Apple iPhone activation complaints continue - CNN.com
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #39
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

For business users yes, but for others then I don't think so.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #40
SmokinV10
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800

Bunch of sour grapes blindly waiving the blackberry flag like a herd of myopic sheep. I 86'ed my 8800 for my iPhone. Have had virtually every blackberry out there and Im a huge fan. Sure im gonna miss the email, but EVERY other aspect of the phone from look and feel, to the quality of construction, to the ingenius user interface just kills every other phone out there. is 8GB not enough storage? Sure, if you plan on throwing 10 full length movies in there. Otherwise, it will hold a couple of THOUSAND songs and do a nice job replacing your iPod. now if youre the couch potato type, dont get out much, dont need an iPod for the gym, youre fine. if you want ONE device instead of 3...this is pretty damned nice.
Closed Thread