Default 8700 Delayed

Please Login to Remove!

http://www.bbhub.com/2005/11/15/excl...delayed-a-few/
Old 11-15-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
pollster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Question BB Hub not available

can not seem to open bbhub www address on blackberry delay/ seems everyone trying to get in / did get in after onslought dided down.

Last edited by pollster; 11-17-2005 at 02:03 PM..
Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
b00st3d
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

damnittttt...the day after thanksgiving??? i cant wait that long!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
ddiamond77
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

So how reliable is BBHub? Better yet, how reliable is BBHub's Source, or BBHub's Source's Source?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #5
ptzchris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

kinda expected this since the busiest day of shopping was in that week i figured they would push it back til then to get people more into the stores and mroe people wanting the 8700 g figure if this bbhub isnt reliable either way there will be people at the store on nov 21 or online at nov 21 12 am

BEFORE : Nextel 7520

NOW: Tmobile 7105t succesfully connected as a modem and loving it
Old 11-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
europamo

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

being a Nextel customer.....im jealous...
Alexandre Dumas
Old 11-15-2005, 08:37 PM   #7
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Default My rep sales the rollout has been moved to early dec.

My rep sales the rollout has been moved to early dec.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:43 PM   #8
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: FFFFFFF
Carrier: AT&T

I have also confirmed this info, it will be delayed a little bit, nowhere near December as I heard it, more likely it will be the 25th of November.

The Boy Genius Report
Old 11-15-2005, 10:42 PM   #9
ptzchris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

i have heard from my good friend a sales rep for a cingular store 25 november busiest day of shopping next to the day after christmas....Day After Thanskgiving 25 November

BEFORE : Nextel 7520

NOW: Tmobile 7105t succesfully connected as a modem and loving it
Old 11-16-2005, 08:10 AM   #10
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Is the day after T-Giving the best day to move a higher tech item? I can imagine most Cingular stores being swamped with representatives moving the freebie phones and not knowing much about the Blackberry devices. It's nice to fantasize that it would be otherwise but I doubt it.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:09 AM   #11
hnwosu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I won't be surprised if it hits stores Nov. 25, because Cingular reps still have no idea when they are getting the phone. From what I've learned with Cingular, the stores usually have no clue on what is going on online. Sometimes there is a deal online that they do not even no about. For all of us who have been with Cingular, we all know the phones are online way before the stores get them. The only thing Cingular store is good for is really buying the phone...anything outside of that they tell you to call customer service. With that being said I think the online launch personally is still, at least for business users is Nov 21. Think about it, is it really a good business decision to release a business grade phone to everyone at the same time....on the day after Thanksgiving?...customer service will be swamped, it just doesn't make sense. But then again, this is Cingular, we will have to wait and see.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #12
jnelson2000

I assume many stores will not have devices by 11/25, since the recall was just announced 2 days ago and all handhelds must be reloaded and repackaged before re-sending to stores.

My source says the update was in reference to EDGE. Anyone have any more information, please post away.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #13
hnwosu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

What recall? Where did you find this information at..or am I just clueness and out of the loop.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #14
besadmin23

guys, I am really beginning to be woried about this. Something isn't right. I am on what is known as a seeding list with Cingular. They were supposed to get 4000 units to send out to their biggest customers of which I am fortunate to be one of them and they have not even received the units yet. I really don't say this to brag. Just passing along the info. This doesn't sound good and with all the lawsuit probs I am starting to get a little nervous. Any thoughts?
Old 11-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #15
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

I got an email reply from my Store Rep last night and she told me that in company stores no longer will provide my company discount and that the 8700c would be available online long before it comes to the store. So for me to get this phone, I needed to go online or via the phone if I wanted it on the 21st.

Also, I doubt that Nov 25th will be the store release date as this is not a item you are going to buy for a present. I would guess their big push item for Xmas would be selling the Family plan and adding phones for the kids, etc. Not selling a $300 BB of which they might only have a few at each store anyway.

Just my 2.5 cents worth,

Mitch
Old 11-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #16
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Sftware upgrade, B.S. in my opinion. You believe in coincidences? It just happens that it won't be available until after the judge rules on the NTP case? Corporate and enterprise users can't perform this software update? They can't make it optional, customers that want now must be able to do their own upgrade and those that don't can wait? Sounds like a plan to try and protect their stock price. To publicly admit they were holding back until after the court's ruling would mean that either they thought they were going to lose or that Cingular thought they were going to lose so that would have a big negative affect on the stock price. Sorry, I don't buy the software story. BG and others that have the device have not reprted one complaint about EDGE performance. Just my guess.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 11-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #17
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: ATT

The devices may have been unlocked and Cingular may have just decided to lock them all to Cingular. I believe boygenius said his is not locked and the guy who just got one said his is locked.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #18
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371
The devices may have been unlocked and Cingular may have just decided to lock them all to Cingular. I believe boygenius said his is not locked and the guy who just got one said his is locked.

I agree specially since I saw someplace here that the Canadian counterparts were going to be that much more expensive, that someone suggested buying one in the States at a lower price since they had heard that they were unlocked. Economics again.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #19
besadmin23

barjohn, when you say "Corporate and enterprise users can't perform this software update?" are you saying this as a statement or as a question? Corportate and enterprise (BES users) can perform the upgrade to the device, but it is a matter of whether they (Cingular and RIM) want to ask all users to get a new device and immediatly upgrade it. I DO believe there CAN be a problem with the OS and EDGE that could cause a last minute change but I think I agree with you that this may be a ploy to get the delivery to be after the court rulling. Do you know when the ruling is supposed to occur. Maybe a link with the story.

One item that coroborates the possibility that there could be a technical snafu, is in the release notes of the latest 4.0.2.49 hh code for the 7290. It reads:
SDR55364
Previously, if you were using the handheld software on platform 1.8 and the network used Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) functionality, your handheld might reset during a phone call.
SDR55067
Previously, in extremely rare situations, if you were using the handheld software on platform 1.8 and the network used Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) functionality, you might have heard a high-pitched sound when you answered a phone call.

AMR is a technology that many of the GSM providers use in many areas of the states and abroud. If they had known this just prior to the release of the 7290, I would have to believe that an item of this nature could have forced a recall but as it turns out, they only figured it out a year later. This one really pissed me off as I have over 600 Cingular devices and this upgrade really seems to help users with dropped calls. Having to rely on 600 users to perform their own upgrade is difficult if you know what I mean.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:41 PM   #20
Number13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
Sftware upgrade, B.S. in my opinion. You believe in coincidences? It just happens that it won't be available until after the judge rules on the NTP case? Corporate and enterprise users can't perform this software update? They can't make it optional, customers that want now must be able to do their own upgrade and those that don't can wait? Sounds like a plan to try and protect their stock price. To publicly admit they were holding back until after the court's ruling would mean that either they thought they were going to lose or that Cingular thought they were going to lose so that would have a big negative affect on the stock price. Sorry, I don't buy the software story. BG and others that have the device have not reprted one complaint about EDGE performance. Just my guess.
I'm sure the appropriate people at Cingular and RIM are doing what's best for their businesses and their stockholders and most importantly their customers. I do not believe it's the conspiracy you make it out to be. Whether it's BS or not is inconsequential. You are not in the tent making decisions with these people. IOW, you are not getting to see the big picture.

Last edited by Number13; 11-16-2005 at 01:47 PM..
Closed Thread