BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: Will you keep your current BB or go for the 8800 or iPhone when they come out?
Sticking with my current BlackBerry 72 18.65%
Waiting for 8800/8900 148 38.34%
Waiting for iPhone 90 23.32%
Waiting for both!!! 76 19.69%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #201
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking Lol!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Ok children, if you can all stay in this thread, we'll make the board safe for the rest of us.
ROTFLMAO!!!

That is the funniest thing I've read all week! Thank you!

That's even funnier than this little gem that I found at Gizmodo:
Quote:

"Despite her age, the girl already knew that a proper mouse should not have just one button."
LOL!!!

But yeah, the oh so l33t Apple zombies were being way too childish and uppity, that's why it's been several days since I last posted in this topic. I came to the decision that while they preach the gospel of his majesty, Uncle Steve-o, and go off to their Church of Scientology services, I for one have better things to do with my time. So, I've been participating in other threads, threads that are actually ON-TOPIC for what these forums are *supposed* to be about!

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, Stinsonddog!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #202
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance
ROTFLMAO!!!

I came to the decision that while they preach the gospel of his majesty, Uncle Steve-o, and go off to their Church of Scientology services, I for one have better things to do with my time. So, I've been participating in other threads, threads that are actually ON-TOPIC for what these forums are *supposed* to be about!

Anyway, thanks for the laugh, Stinsonddog!
Thanks to both of you for the really funny posts, and some great laughs!

Cheers....
Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 PM   #203
rsamms

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T
Talking My .02

I'm new here, AND new to Blackberry. I use a MAC PRo, but a Windows Laptop (which may soon go). I've owned almost every 'smart' phone ever sold, most were not very smart.
I went to the 8700 for reliable push e-mail, calendar and PIM sync. Blackberrys do that better than anything else on the planet. I won't even consider the iphone. I saw Jobs demo at Macworld, and yes, it's cool, But I have several problems with it.
1. I don't want my e-mail going through Yahoo, i already get enough SPAM
2. I've used touch screen phones (SE P800 and 910) they suck (stylus or finger, doesnt matter) I've got big hands.
3. General purpose OS's make for poor phones, OSX won't be any different.
4. Battery life will be poor, compared with what BB users are used to.
5. The carriers have a very poor track record of warranty and service when it comes to expensive phones. (anyone remember the early Treos and Cingular ?) Deja vu will happen again. "my iphone is broken, it's under warranty" "sorry, you have to send that to Apple". You'll be without the phone for weeks.

Of course, if you want a widescreen Ipod that can make phone calls...
Old 01-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #204
DanUC6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

This poll is skewed. The "waiting for both" option should be removed along with the first one. It should only be iphone or 8800, that was the question posed when I set this up, the results would change!!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #205
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint
Default Lighten up ya'll

I am seriously going to check out the 8800. If it's got the camera and some new do-dads and if it can sync better or if pocketmac or someone other than Mark"crap"space puts out a sync program and if and if and if... blah blah blah...

It's all the same. You got with what floats your boat. I don't use BES. I love the push, but I'm curious to see both phones head to head.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #206
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6
Thanks to both of you for the really funny posts, and some great laughs!

Cheers....
Glad you enjoyed my part in that!

Make sure to click that Church of Scientology link if you want to learn the TRUTH about that cult, the secrets the Scientologists don't want you to know!

You'll never look at Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Katy Holmes, etc., etc. quite the same way again!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #207
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed my part in that!

Make sure to click that Church of Scientology link if you want to learn the TRUTH about that cult, the secrets the Scientologists don't want you to know!

You'll never look at Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Katy Holmes, etc., etc. quite the same way again!
I'm already aware of that rather bizarre group.......... gives me the creeps just thinking about it. And believe me I stay away from their movies...
Old 01-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #208
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Ok kids, you want to be treated like children we will treat you like children.

We are tired of seeing reports from this one thread, just about more reports than all other threads combined this month. We, the moderators, are not here to choose sides or referee fights. I don't care who said what first or who called who what name. The next time this thread is reported, I will ban everyone involved for a week, no questions asked.

I don't care who is right or wrong, and don't care to investigate either. I'm tired of my blackberry getting clogged up with reports from this all hours of the night. So this is the last warning.

You want to continue your childish bickering, then by all means feel free to keep at it, but you will be doing it somewhere else for the next seven days.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #209
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

So where did that report post button go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrye
Ok kids, you want to be treated like children we will treat you like children.

We are tired of seeing reports from this one thread, just about more reports than all other threads combined this month. We, the moderators, are not here to choose sides or referee fights. I don't care who said what first or who called who what name. The next time this thread is reported, I will ban everyone involved for a week, no questions asked.

I don't care who is right or wrong, and don't care to investigate either. I'm tired of my blackberry getting clogged up with reports from this all hours of the night. So this is the last warning.

You want to continue your childish bickering, then by all means feel free to keep at it, but you will be doing it somewhere else for the next seven days.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #210
MooseNYC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Looks cool, but with no real keyboard and a 'touch screen' instead, no way. I left the Handspring & Treo far behind me. Has anyone given any thought to the life limit of the touch screens? With heavy use (= average use of a BB) the touch screens start to go T.U. after 12 months.
Don't get me wrong, I like some apple stuff, love the iPod, etc but this will in no way replace or subplant my bb.

Regards,
Moose
Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #211
BBAddict8100
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Whoopty-doo!! Apple can keep it!

You couldn't pay me enough money to get me to use an Apple computer (unless you're gonna offer me a job that pays very high 6 figures annually and requires an Apple machine to do), I don't use iTunes or an iPod, and as for the iPhone, why would I want one?

I already use the original and still the BEST, most reliable PDA phone on the planet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...00g_01_big.jpg

CrackBerry: Because only the best is good enough!

P.S. To those that picked choice # 3, "waiting for the iPhone", I have just one thing to say to you:

TRAITORS! TURNCOATS!! YOU WANT TO LEAVE? FINE! BEGONE WITH YE! AND GOOD RIDDANCE!

'Nuff said.
I couldn't agree with you more...for the most reliable, email mean machine blackberry is the way to go, to me the Iphone is nice and all but its an accessory not something you can stick with for the long run.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 AM   #212
Torgerson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular

yeah, not sure it will replace a bb. No 3rd party apps.. bummer, not a good PIM it sounds like.. but still wow. nice looking
Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #213
lefty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

I will never go back to Cingular... until the iPhone can be unlocked successfully and used on T-mobile, I'll stick with my pearl (or maybe go to the 8800 for video!)
Old 02-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #214
dcfella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Sprint

I've got a 8700G and love my bb. That being said, i'm not going to bash Apple before it's even come out. I really do hope it IS all it's hyped up to be so that it will raise the bar for RIM and other manufacturers. Yeah the current blackberries are good, but lets be real, there's a ton of room for more innovation.

I can't comment on too many Apple products. I've only had the new Nano for a few months but I for one love it for not only it's functionality, but also it's design.

Let's wait and see if the iPhone can do before we praise the hell out of it or call it a joke.
Closed Thread