Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #21
cdw5510
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

I hear ya. The more you use something the more issues you find. Verizon doenst test the way you users are using them. I am sure you all have scene the sync issues with calenders and Outlook?

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
I don't think i can take anybody seriously who cannot spell Verizon correctly....
Old 06-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #22
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Are you serious vorizen fracking sux. The don't deserve to hav their nan spell corectly I don't have an F7 key on my 8700 an nor dose any BB. Now if you going to be a Grammar Nazi. Reality check nobdody cares thers better things to worry about. Bottom line vorizen overcharges and cripple any extra features tha would normally be active on other carriers caus it is hardware that the can't find a way to charg fore or know they would piss off subscribers if they tried. Vorizen is the virtual CDMA monoply. An they think of the cutomers as sheep who are too stupid or don't care about the cos until the holder of that account be they corperate or Joe Average get screwed over.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #23
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
I don't think i can take anybody seriously who cannot spell Verizon correctly....
No kidding. I'm not surprised that someone who can barely communicate with other adults doesn't understand the value in subscribing to a communication network as strong as VZW's.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #24
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Value? What value? There is none. they bay be the network but CDMA is becoming an oblote format you go oustside the Us on travel were is your "beloved network" then Gone bacause CDMA only exists in The US. The rest of thw world uses GSM. Go to airports that its more than proof. Alsoo att has more subscibers in the US. More than vorizen. I supose your also the same type whay buys into the apple hype machine tha says "the iphone is the best thing since sliced bread" but even Apple uses GSM.

Honestly if you gonna judge me on my spelling you truly are Lamers.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T

You sir, are truly an idiot. How does VERIZON, spell it correct you idiot(we told you how to spell it and you continue to be a moron), have a monopoly? I believe there is another big CDMA company in the US. Its name is Sprint in case you were wondering.

Also, those who chose a CDMA network know the inherent dangers of chosing a CDMA network, and that is its not going to work overseas. However, with the 8830, there is the option of being able to use the GSM networks.

How bout you relax on Verizon's issues. We know there are some, but we tolerate it because the network is solid as a rock. I ***** as much as the next guy on how Verizon does cripple some features, but I'd gladly miss out on GPS goodness for a solid network.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:49 PM   #26
RoC1909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Jeez. I would say from my perspective that it is purely coincidental and quite a longshot that just as you are dialing a number, another call comes in at the same time, but since you guys are using 7,000 minutes a month, that is plain crazy.

Also, if you are USING your BB so much that the battery wears out by 2pm EVERYDAY, maybe you ought to carry around another battery. Hundreds of dollars a month for a cellphone bill, i'm sure a battery can be expensed in there some how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post

Ok vorizen has this nasty habbit of crippling any phone they sell you example that world edition is suposed to have GPS right we'll vorizen disables features lik that.
I just love these posts. BooHoo Tell me WHERE on the VZW website does it mention that the 8830 HAS GPS capability?? RIM says that the 8830 has it but there also is a SUPERSCRIPT next to that sentence stating that some carriers may DISABLE CERTAIN FEATURES HENCE, GPS might NOT BE AVAILABLE.

Quote from Blackberry.com. Look at the BOLD characters ESPECIALLY the '1':
Quote:
The BlackBerry ® 8830 World Edition smartphone is the stylish way to get things done - no matter where in the world you happen to be. It's the first CDMA BlackBerry smartphone capable of roaming globally on GSM/GPRS networks(1), and it's packed with other incredible new features, including GPS(1), BlackBerry® Maps, a multi-media player, expandable memory, Voice-Activated Dialing and trackball navigation.

Packed with powerful capabilities, yet incredibly compact and slim, it combines a stylish design with a premium finish. This is a smartphone you'll always want to show off.

(1) Check with service provider for supported features and services.
So tell me, where is the ISSUE you have with Verizon? They DISABLE certain features on the phones that THEY SELL. It's not as if they tell you that it has a CERTAIN FEATURE and then when bought, you find out it doesn't have said feature. Hell, RIM also tells you THAT on their website so if you end up getting 'shafted' because you didn't read the 'fine print' you only have yourself to blame.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Sprint isn't even close to having a monoply. We have the 88300 ooh can you even take or make a call with it obiously not. Otherwise this thread would not exist. RIM has alredy anounced a totat recal on the 8830 for telus ALL of them that dosn't mean othr carriers are exemp from this proble it Is a hardware issue classified as technical
Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #28
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Rarly dose the avaerage perso read the fine print. An yeas I have read the fine print on bbs website. Yeah buy an extra battery too if you don't mind being overchard by a carrier you don't mind buying an extra battery or 2.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #29
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

When did I say Sprint had a monopoly? I didnt.....

This thread exists because 1 user had issues with his phone. I do not have any issues with my 8830. Clearly you have a stick up your @$$ with Verizon so you moved to Tmo.

Also, Verizon is not overpriced. They are right in line with other offerings 79.99 for 450 minutes and unlimited data...right in line with Sprint, Cing/ATT..... Tmo is cheaper I'll give them that, but again, i'm willign to fork over some extra cash for a network that is far superior WHERE I USE IT.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #30
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Umm...who says you have to buy the battery from your carrier?
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #31
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

your use of the term monopoly is one of the worst i have ever seen. People are not tied to using CDMA, therefore no monopoly. Kinda like saying Toyota has a monopoly on the hybrid passenger car, yeah its that bad of a statement.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #32
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Rim anounced that. That the recalled a whole shipment of 8830ks for a carrier.
An the says other who use the device dosn't matter who thae carrier is. Als no iv' Never had vorized I've had sprint But I have inter acted with several people whao have had vorizen and switched to tmo.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #33
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

exactly...for a carrier...and that carrier wasnt verizon. I dont care what your friend did nor do I care what you did. You have a completely irrational hatred for verizon.

Ignorance cannot be cured.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #34
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

No I just hat CDMA in general the tech puts controll of the hardware an sofwar in mor or leess th carriers hands more than it dose the consumer also it take 6months to a full year for cdma handsets to hit the market than the GSM counterpart. Also more calls drop on cdman than gsm becaus the network gets clooged so easilly this is true an has been since the early 90's th only reson CDM a existsis is thr carriers that use this format are shortsided and rather then swith to other formats such as UMTS. They are more concered with riding the curent cash cow. But refuse to look for the next cow an do not plan for if an when the curent cow dies.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #35
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

It is painful to even try to read your posts.....

you talk about dropped calls? I think I may have dropped under 5 calls in my entire time I have been with Verizon.(which is 5+ years, have had other accounts with Tmo and AT&T) You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #36
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Second that! I've been with Verizon for 3+ years now and I think I've had 3 dropped calls that entire time. There is excellent coverage in South Bay, L.A., so perhaps some people are signally-challenged due to their geographic location.

I heart Verizon.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #37
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post

No I just hat CDMA in general the tech puts controll of the hardware an sofwar in mor or leess th carriers hands more than it dose the consumer also it take 6months to a full year for cdma handsets to hit the market than the GSM counterpart. Also more calls drop on cdman than gsm becaus the network gets clooged so easilly this is true an has been since the early 90's th only reson CDM a existsis is thr carriers that use this format are shortsided and rather then swith to other formats such as UMTS. They are more concered with riding the curent cash cow. But refuse to look for the next cow an do not plan for if an when the curent cow dies.
Seriously dude.....you hate CDMA? What are you five? Sounds like to me you need to get out and get laid.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #38
Strider107

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxchick View Post
Assuming the battery will get better with time and the phone hanging when an incoming phone comes in as a BB issue.

Anyone know to have touchtone work (even in voicemail I can't bypass the menu and need to wait for ther prompts.) I am sure it is something stupid but any insight on how to activate touch tone during calls would be great (I am not sure I am calling it the right thing but hopefully you get my drift).

Sarita
Are you talking about "automating" touch tone prompts? I have mine set up to enter my password in for me. I just hold the speed dial, it dials *86, pauses for 3 seconds and enters the password. To do so go to the contact from the address book. You have to actually use the address book icon. Go to the contact and hit the application button and choose edit. Scroll to the phone number. If you hit the application button there's an option to add a pause. Each pause is 3 seconds. Mine looks like: *86p#### The #### being my password.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #39
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Actully in the soutwest tmo never drops calls. Dropped calls ar the result of network congestion and handsets with lousy signals. And yeah despiste what you may think. I do read a lot of nonfictional material on cell comunications security ect.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #40
jason1332

Model: 8703
Carrier: Sprint

Yuo suk at teh spelinng.
Closed Thread