BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
drbb917
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default I think I screwed something up. Please help.

Please Login to Remove!

I recently went overseas. To minimize my cell/data bill, I deleted 2 of my 3 email (hotmail & gmail) accounts on my BB (I left my @att.blackberry.net account since I hardly use it). I then turned off Browser Push.

When I got back, I re-installed my 2 emails accounts and turned on Browser Push. When I tried to sync with BDM, I got a screen that said it could not and I had to change my Default Services. It was on my @att.blackberry account so I switched it to my hotmail account. I don't know what it was on before I went away. Now when I try to sync, I get a window that says it cannot connect with my device.

I’ve gone through the upgrade process and still nothing. I switched my default services back, and still nothing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I could fix this?

I hope I’ve explained my problem well.

I have BB Bold 9000, v4.6

Thank you.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Do a battery pull and then resend service books.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
drbb917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Do a battery pull and then resend service books.
I should have said that I did a battery pull. But how do I resend service books?

Thank you.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

... But I don't know how that would have anything to do with inability to connect to the device, if that's what you are saying the problem is.

If you have been able to connect before, I would do another battery pull. Be sure and do it with the power on, and wait a good one or three minutes this time.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 08-03-2010 at 11:39 AM..
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
drbb917

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

... But I don't know how that would have anything to do with inability to connect to the device, if that's what you are saying the problem is.

If you have been able to connect before, I would do another battery pull. Be sure and do it with the power on, and wait a good one or three minutes this time.

Thank you for this. Would it help (possible?) to wipe my BB clean and start fresh?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

What have you already done? Did you try the service books? How about the repeat, longer battery pull?

I wouldn't wipe the device, at least not yet. If you tried the above and it didn't work, then I would trouble shoot the computer side of things, and verify the usb port is operational and so forth. There are threads on the forum, and you should search the KB articles at blackberry.com on connection problems.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
drbb917

Quote:
What have you already done? Did you try the service books? How about the repeat, longer battery pull?

I wouldn't wipe the device, at least not yet. If you tried the above and it didn't work, then I would trouble shoot the computer side of things, and verify the usb port is operational and so forth. There are threads on the forum, and you should search the KB articles at blackberry.com on connection problems.
I've done a battery pull, but I don't know how long. I will try a longer battery pull and work on the PC tonight.

Thank you for your help.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Resend the service books before you try screwing with anything else.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
drbb917

Quote:

Ok. The longer battery pulled work as far as getting my BB to connect to DM. I synced and everything went well, except now I have double calendar entries. I think my issue has all along been the calendar because the first time I had this connectivity problem it said something about Default Services and Calendar.

So I've done some research on this forum, and I've seen some advice from you aiharkness and others, so I just want to see if it possibly applies to me.

I have 3 emails on my BB (att.blackberry.net, hotmail, gmail). In my Service Books, each email account has an CICAL & CMIME entry. And in my calendar options I have 4 calendars (Device Default and the 3 above email addresses).

So my question, based on some similar situations/advice: should I delete the CICAL entries in my service books for my gmail & blackberry.net email and leave my hotmail CICAl service book since that will be my Default Services? Do I also or instead go to my calendar options, highlight my hotmail account and type move to move everything into one calendar? Or should I move everything into the Device Default calendar?

I don't know if this matters, but I don't have an email established with Outlook. I only use Outlook for calendar and contacts.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Desktop Manager will sync the calendar that is identified in options as the default CICAL. Pick the one you want to use.

If you have made entries in other calendars, move those to the default.

I don't use google so I don't know exactly what the problem is, but from what I've read I suspect it is the cause of your duplicates. If you don't find answers and solutions here, check the support section at blackberry.com.

Last edited by aiharkness; 08-14-2010 at 03:02 PM..
Old 08-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
drbb917

Quote:
Desktop Manager will sync the calendar that is identified in options as the default CICAL. Pick the one you want to use.

If you have made entries in other calendars, move those to the default.

I don't use google so I don't know exactly what the problem is, but from what I've read I suspect it is the cause of your duplicates. If you don't find answers and solutions here, check the support section at blackberry.com.
Should I still delete the CICAL entries in Service Books for the email addresses I don't want to be the default calendar?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

No need to delete the other CICAL service books.

Also, be sure and set the default CMIME address to the same address you use for default CICAL address in options.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
drbb917

Quote:
No need to delete the other CICAL service books.

Also, be sure and set the default CMIME address to the same address you use for default CICAL address in options.
Ok. I have the CMIME and CICAL set to my hotmail in Default Services. Now I go to Calendar > Options, highlight my hotmail email and type "move"? And every calendar entry goes into there? The duplicates are erased?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

No. Highlight the other calendars one by one, and type move. You should see a prompt asking if you want to move all appointment to the hotmail calendar.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #15
drbb917

Quote:
No. Highlight the other calendars one by one, and type move. You should see a prompt asking if you want to move all appointment to the hotmail calendar.
I still ended up with double calendar entries. So I erased all of my calendar data on my BB and re-synced with Outlook and I think all is good.

Thanks for all help.
Closed Thread