BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
gkolleng
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Gmail filter, mycingular.blackberry.net email address DISABLED???

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,

Using a tip I read on these forums, I created a Gmail filter that sends my gmail directly to my BB using my mycingular.blackberry.net email address. The last 2-3 days I haven't been receiving any gmail to my BB, and when I look at my filter, it says in red, "Forwarding Disabled". If I change the email address in the filter, the "Forwarding Disabled" disappears.

Any ideas about what's going on here?? Why doesn't my BB email address work??

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #2
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon

Just a thought, but are you clicking the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the settings page on Gmail?

NS
Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
gkolleng
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah, I am saving the changes. I should mention that my filter was working correctly for the last 3-4 months, and just stopped working 2-3 days ago. The more bizzare thing is that if I change the email address to anythying else, the "Forwarding Disabled" disappears. Only the mycingular.blackberry.net email address makes the "Forwarding Disabled" appear.

So weird! (and frustrating!)
Old 03-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
mortgageguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkolleng
Yeah, I am saving the changes. I should mention that my filter was working correctly for the last 3-4 months, and just stopped working 2-3 days ago. The more bizzare thing is that if I change the email address to anythying else, the "Forwarding Disabled" disappears. Only the mycingular.blackberry.net email address makes the "Forwarding Disabled" appear.

So weird! (and frustrating!)
I have mine setup the same way with Gmail and Cingular and no problems. Double check the address. If you mistyped or have a bad address, this could be the problem. Do you have any filters setup on your MyCingular address?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
dtmfjunkie

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkolleng
Hey guys,

Using a tip I read on these forums, I created a Gmail filter that sends my gmail directly to my BB using my mycingular.blackberry.net email address. The last 2-3 days I haven't been receiving any gmail to my BB, and when I look at my filter, it says in red, "Forwarding Disabled". If I change the email address in the filter, the "Forwarding Disabled" disappears.

Any ideas about what's going on here?? Why doesn't my BB email address work??

Thanks.
What probably happened is that your gmail tried sending to your blackberry.net account but it was failing...maybe your account was over quota or there were problems sending. What I've done in the past is just create another gmail account...forward one gmail to the other and then have your new gmail account forward to your blackberry. After a few days your original account should allow you to resend to your bb account.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
gkolleng
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie
What probably happened is that your gmail tried sending to your blackberry.net account but it was failing...maybe your account was over quota or there were problems sending. What I've done in the past is just create another gmail account...forward one gmail to the other and then have your new gmail account forward to your blackberry. After a few days your original account should allow you to resend to your bb account.
Thanks for the response. You're right, I dug a little further on the Gmail forums and it's entirely a Gmail issue. They apparently disable forwarding to a certain email address (in this case, my BB email address) if the emails bounce a certain number of times.

dtmfjunkie, so will the forwarding resume in a few days? It's already been 2 days I believe.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
dtmfjunkie

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

I believe it took about a week.
Closed Thread