No, Speakout just sucks.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #22
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: Help - How to edit APN settings in Z10

APN is carrier controlled except on some leaked OS that will allow you to change it manually
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
gnowegroeg

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Speakout (Rogers)

dc/dc:
SpeakOut does not suck, it is quite reasonable ($0.1 for outgoing text, $0.25 per minute anytime call), top ups in all denominations are good for one year, balance is rolled over automatically, it runs on Rogers network. It also has many add-on & packages which are fairly priced compared to other Canadian prepaid services. Until this month, it was offering unlimited browsing for $10 a month. So, I think it serves a certain segment of cell users very well.

The fact that Android, IOS and W8 allow editing of APN username, password, MMS Proxy etc and BB10 does not, it is definitely an OS issue and BB knows it, they will have to address that quickly especially if they want to continue to sell unlock phones.

My understanding is the editing capabilities will be there in the next few releases but initially maybe only for the APN username and pw, not sure about the MMS related fields though. So, I gave up calling for support and just use the phone as is with wifi.

Lisa:
I hope you have better luck than me, if all fails and data is important to you, then Rogers PayGo is an option, I know it's data service works with my Z10 without any modification required (I tried with a friend's sim card). I also know my phone is unlocked because it can make calls using Rogers & Telus & Bell prepaid sim cards
Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #24
t0pn0tch

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

gnowegroeg Unlike you I have no self control, so I have experimented...to no avail... I have always had AT&T Unlimited Data with BES and tethering. That SIM card is like gold to me, I use it as my Internet on meetings and its invaluable. I got curious.... I bought a Q10 from Tmobile, waited 90 days, told them I was leaving the country and unlocked it. All three values say unlocked I literally cut the SIM, popped it in as if it were a Micro SIM and it works on Q10 except for the ever so frustrating APN username/password issue....No tethering.

Wondering if you could set the username and password - depending on the type of characters/symbols.... For example...

username:password@APN.VALUE.HERE

Unfortunatley AT&T has an "@" in the username field which , if this were to work, the "@" would obviously symbolize the hostname...so I cannot test it, but maybe worth a shot?

wapuser1:wap@goam.com

Last edited by t0pn0tch; 12-31-2013 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: value to test
Old 12-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

The statement on the listing in the Z10 of "unlocked" is confusing if it means otherwise.
Wonder why Blackberry used the term unlocked
Old 12-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #26
t0pn0tch

Today I installed OS.10.2.1.1925, installed fine (not easy), and it did not have a cellular signal, just a red "X." The GREAT news is you CAN input a username and password along with APN, and its right where the values were greyed out. If you are lucky, your carrier will work with it unlike mine - as in not say invalid SIM. So I installed 10.2.1.1055 and will probably keep it. This version it just has APN and a box for the APN, the username and password boxes are totally gone. I am going to run with this for a bit, seems real nice and first 10.2 I got working w SIM card from my 9800 torch in my Q10
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #27
tibip

Model: z10
Carrier: SpeakOut

Hi everyone,
I see the heated debate here, and i am not trying to say it's the carrier or the phone.. but I got the BB Z10 working with SpeakOut data. I am so happy that I took the time to register and post this response so people will know what to do.

1- APN can not be changed and the default one lte..something.apn is greyed out.
2- you HAVE to go to engineering screen on your blackberry. ( search the blackberry forums for that ) it's a escreen:// in a browser followed by a code.. go to google, and search for "how to go to engineering screen BB Z10. Unfortunatelly I am not allowed to post a link, so you have to get to this yourself.
Go to General Radio and in the APN put the one from Speakout data support page.

Restart your phone and you[re in business !!!

SO, I hope the BB team will come out with some feature that allows the users to set this in the application screen rather than going in the engineering screen.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #28
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

These steps were recommended in Post #5. They did not work for the OP.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:00 AM   #29
t0pn0tch

What about in the engineering screen under General Radio, the first option, Enabled RATs...? I switched this option had voice only not data. There are at least 10 for you to try. Just remember the default setting? I am sure maybe you tried this already? I found a way to get bluetooth tethering going without having my password and username for APN entered.
Closed Thread