BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
bushwik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I just picked this up for $99 (w/ mail-in rebate) from T-MO US as an extra line for the girlfriend. Its srsly a cool phone, especially for non-BB types as an intro into the BBworld. The size, UMA feature, and flip function is what attracted me to pick this up for her. I'd almost consider this bad boy for myself but I'll hold off til the 8900 becomes available in February. Its really a good looking phone and seems to function pretty flawlessly from the little time I had to play around with it.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys

I love mine. When I get the hang of suretype and learn how to use keyboard shortcuts, I'll be sold completely.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #23
d33pa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: Rogers BIS/BES/BES

my wife really likes the phone, however is very disappointed in the battery life. this 8220 has th oem rogers o/s. My Bold outlasts this phone battery 2 to 1. no BT or wifi is on and she is not a heavy user what so ever. what gives??
this battery longevity is being discussed on another thread, so I am not the only one having this issue. I wonder if all these happy campers that like this phone are having the same battery issues we are....please share..
Old 01-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

External screen is surprisingly heavy battery impacting. I have set 8220 to show incoming emails and messages on external screen even when device is locked.
If I keep my 8220 out of holster all the time it hardly lasts from the morning to the evening, when I only pull it from holster to read emails it lasts way longer.

But to be honest, I use WiFi extensively.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #25
Blackberry_Poland
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: GSM

I am very happy with Flip. It has a feeling like common flip phones but has also all the OS and App I love. Not mentioning an often displaying "greeting" ERROR 503 ;). Just pulling the battery then. I am missing a full keyboard, though.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #26
pinkfrog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

anyone in Canada? I'm a Rogers customer and am debating between the 8220 and 8120 what do you all think? Is the browser really laggy as a Rogers customer?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #27
TallPaul86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 27A2D112
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPaul86 View Post
I've got a Pearl 8220 and have to admit, on a personal note, that I'm massively disappointed with it...

I have a Bold which i was going to be using as an emergency phone (i always have 2 phones) and use the Pearl's "socially acceptable" attributes as my main phone however I'm that disappointed with it that i wouldn't even use it as an emergency phone - Switching from Bold to the Pearl is a bit like switching from Broadband internet to Dial up...

I'm on O2 UK network (which means EDGE coverage is next to non-existent in my area), the phone is REAL laggy regardless of how many battery pulls or OS updates i do, insert an SD Card with music on it and the thing practically stops, it doesn't even do Delivery Reports on text messages sent!

I am not impressed with this however i don't want to put a downer amongst other users - i do have to admit it is refreshingly simple device and very consumer orientated (SureType keypad, size, weight etc) however i'm requiring something a little more advanced than this...

Very good, straightforward intro into the world of Blackberry in my opinion but not for me, sorry
I'm now retracting the above complaint as i made a major error in my judgement - i was under the impression that the Pearl Flip had a 500MHz+ processor in it and when i went onto the O2 website it said that the Intel XScale CPU in it was rated at 312MHz!!

If i had known that the above rant would never have been posted! That's a bit like buying a Mazda Miata and expecting it to outrun a Corvette!! LoL

So original complaint has been removed and looking forward to the 3G version, which fingers crossed will come with a faster processor
Closed Thread