BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
adambowersva
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130E
Question Where is the microphone on the 7130e's?

Please Login to Remove!

Does anybody know exactly where RIM has cleverly hidden the microphone on the 7130e's?

I have a Krussel glove fit case I recently got and have many people complaining that I sound muffled when I talk on my phone with it in the case, therefore don't think the generic hole cut into the plastic is in the right place. I need to cut a small incision in the case in the exact location of the mic to resolve this problem and have been unable to find any information that shows where it is exactly. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
daves
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T, former Vzw

how about those narrow little slots on either side of the device.. almost level with the top of the keyboard, slightly lower than that.??

edit:

hang on, check this out..should give a clue .. doesn't look like these guys left any opening for those slots, so maybe that's not it??

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...jet-black.html

(sorry if the link is the wrong format..)

edit to the edit:
acutally, seidio doesn't even mention a cutout for the mic .. "There are cutouts for the power port, headset port, antenna, and speaker" ..

so, it must be .... MAGIC...

Last edited by daves; 09-27-2006 at 09:00 PM..
Old 09-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
Need
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

I believe the mic is right where the carrier logo at the bottom of the phone. I tried calling a coworker and whisper to different parts of the phone. Here are my results:

Bottom of the phone is louder than top of the phone.
Bottom front of the phone is louder than bottom back of the phone.

The carrier logo seems to be printed on a cave in part of the front face plate under the transparent part.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
Danimal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130

It is the slot on each side of the phone near the bottom. Cover them up and you won't be heard.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
It is the slot on each side of the phone near the bottom. Cover them up and you won't be heard.

yes, they are on both sides of the frame....
Old 09-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
adambowersva

Ok, I have tried covering everything from the side notches/slits to the lower part of the keyboard, to the Sprint Logo on bottom to the entire bottom of phone with my hand all while recording a message to myself to see if I can hear a difference in any of them...and...I don't...grrrrrr.

The Krussel Glove Fit case I have has a small cutout that lays where the Sprint Logo is, but obviously isn't quite the right spot due to the muffled sound I apparently produce with this case on.

I must say that RIM did a stupendous job on hiding the microphone slot/hole!!!!

Again, this is the 7130e and I'm still at a loss on where my microphone is, even with the wonderfully helpful responses I have already received on this page.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #7
adambowersva

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves
how about those narrow little slots on either side of the device.. almost level with the top of the keyboard, slightly lower than that.??

edit:

hang on, check this out..should give a clue .. doesn't look like these guys left any opening for those slots, so maybe that's not it??

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...jet-black.html

(sorry if the link is the wrong format..)

edit to the edit:
acutally, seidio doesn't even mention a cutout for the mic .. "There are cutouts for the power port, headset port, antenna, and speaker" ..

so, it must be .... MAGIC...

I would almost have to agree with you at this point. It's funny that you also looked at that...I looked at the new Seidio skin first thing to see if it would offer me up any clues, but didn't have any luck. Judging by their picture I would doubt it was under the Sprint Logo as Krussel seems to assume since the Skin would completely cover that and it seems to completely cover everything else except the keyboard too....so.....

Maybe the microphone is summer in amongst the keys on the keyboard???... That would certainly explain why a glove fit case with a piece of plastic covering the entire keyboard would sound muffled...what do you'll think?
Old 09-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
adambowersva

Talking Yeah! I know where the search button is!!!!

Oooh...My first change in status...I now know where the Search button is....hooray!! LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
eppey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
If I recall the last time I took my 7130 apart that slots were for nothing more then getting the two halves apart. I don't recall seeing anything beside them except clips on the inside. I belive the mic is under the carrier logo. I can't really tell very well from the blackberryfaq dissassambly pics but I am pretty sure that is the case.
Closed Thread