BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #321
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default OTA software updates for us mac users??

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone know if there are any OTA software updates for the non-PC minority?

THX!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #322
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdt View Post
Anyone know if there are any OTA software updates for the non-PC minority?

THX!
to my understanding the os/updates are too big to be ota
Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #323
offroadr35
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

I can't figure out how to install it.

I downloaded the 360mb file. When I simply double click the file, it starts the Blackberry Desktop 4.2.2 installer. I now have that installed, but have had no indication of any OS updates. When I open the file with WinRAR it gives me a folder with a bunch of files I have no idea what to do with.

btw, I downloaded from BlackBerry® Software Updates after receiving an SMS from Verizon that the OS update was ready
Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #324
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

So, you downloaded the 360Mb file and installed Desktop Manager. Did you also download the Handheld OS file and install it to the computer, as well? You need both installed to the PC.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #325
kukman1234

I just upgraded to the new software version for my bb. I had no problems until i tried using bb messenger. It had deleted all my contacts. I deleted the application from the applications within the bb and it started working again, but if I go to Options>Advanced>Applications, there is no messenger application. Is that normal?

Also, under that same bb option (Applications) everything says version 4.2.2 except for "blackberry 4.2 core applications" and "blackberry 4.2 system software". There is no correspondeing 4.2.2 for the items.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #326
John Clark
BBF Moderator

kukman1234, welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure I quite understant your question. Are you saying you deleted BBMessenger from your device? In order to get it back you have to install it from the Application Loader in Desktop Manager.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-2-device.html
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #327
kukman1234

John,

After i installed the new device software, I was unable to use bb messenger (my contacts were not there as well), so i went to "Applications" and deleted the application titled bb messenger. When i went back to the bb home screen my bb messenger was there in full working order. However, if I go back to the "Application" screen, the bb messenger application is nowhere (to my untrained eye) to be found.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #328
Sniperet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukman1234 View Post
John,

After i installed the new device software, I was unable to use bb messenger (my contacts were not there as well), so i went to "Applications" and deleted the application titled bb messenger. When i went back to the bb home screen my bb messenger was there in full working order. However, if I go back to the "Application" screen, the bb messenger application is nowhere (to my untrained eye) to be found.

Thanks
From the applications page have you tried the menu option "Show All"?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #329
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukman1234 View Post
John,

Thanks
Did you remove the battery to reboot after deleting it from applications?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #330
brc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Who else?

Is 4.2.2.148 the latest version?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #331
JGrauman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc View Post
Is 4.2.2.148 the latest version?
are there planes on releasing another one soon?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #332
Chichum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrauman View Post
Do you read any of the forums? There will always be plans for new ones. When? Probably end of november. You should search a bit before asking about planes.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #333
JGrauman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichum View Post
Do you read any of the forums? There will always be plans for new ones. When? Probably end of november. You should search a bit before asking about planes.
why is it that there must be at least one smart a$$ answer to every question on this forum? my question was SOON. no i didn't read through the 9 pages of posts to find the answer to such a simple question as "how soon." i don't see what's so hard about responding to my question with just "When? probably end of november." but then you wouldn't have been able to be a jacka$$
Old 10-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #334
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Carrier: *

Quote:
How about this one?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #335
rwfsr

Default Elite Community

I have to admit that I'm not as smart as many of you. My IQ is only 175. But many new users have questions and don't merit being made fun of. Unlike yourselves, they might have a life and don't sit in front of a monitor all day. If you only have time to make snide remarks to people who are already uncomfortable with forums then maybe you're the one who need a life. It is just as easy answering a question as it is to call a person you don't know a jerk. Thus starting a conversation that is rude and unfortunately not necessary for others to waste time reading. I would like to hear from some of the people running this forum. And I hope, if there are any typos, I don't find myself subject to ridicule.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:32 AM   #336
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
why is it that there must be at least one smart a$$ answer to every question on this forum? my question was SOON. no i didn't read through the 9 pages of posts to find the answer to such a simple question as "how soon." i don't see what's so hard about responding to my question with just "When? probably end of november." but then you wouldn't have been able to be a jacka$$
The answer to your question is that nobody knows when they are going to release a new OS.

That being said, many people do (and should) read through the 9 pages of posts to find something before posting a question that has been asked and answered many times. Some time spent searching will likely yield answers to your questions and likely answer questions you didn't even know you had. It is proper forum etiquette, and not too much to ask, to search before posting. If someone had a firm date for an OS release they would likely post it. The fact is there aren't any.

It's also not too much to ask for other forum members not to ridicule or make fun of new members when they ask a question that's been asked a bazillion times or that could have been answered by a simple search. So, if you ridiculed this member due to making a simple typo then consider this a warning. Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

Enough said.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #337
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfsr View Post
...Unlike yourselves, they might have a life and don't sit in front of a monitor all day....
This is uncalled for and is just as bad as what the people did that you are complaining about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfsr
...to call a person you don't know a jerk...
I don't see anywhere where that occured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfsr
... I would like to hear from some of the people running this forum. And I hope, if there are any typos, I don't find myself subject to ridicule.
Please, if you find a post offensive, simply click the "Report Post" button and report the post(s) to the moderator staff and we can work it out.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #338
notechlawyer

I am as non-techy as it gets so please bear with me. I downloaded the update and have noticed some of the changes as others have thus far. However, since the update I am completely unable to REPLY to messages. I have BES. I can send new messages. Forward messages. Hit reply and enter text in the reply email, but when it comes time to SEND the reply message, the only option I am given is to SAVE AS DRAFT. No SEND option. Please help, I am dying out here. My inhouse IT folks are NOT helpful at all, they don't understand how to fix.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #339
detfan

Model: 7250

Yea if this ringer volume issue is not fixed im going back to the 8703e, this is ridiculous I cannot hear any of my ringtones, unless they are Verizons.
Closed Thread