PIN: Option -> Status
Carrier: Indosat
Post Blackberry Messenger not update Contact

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I new User in here

i like take advice from you all,

i just upgrade my BB 8800 O/S to 4.5.0.44

after upgrade finish, in Blackberry messenger my contact is disapper and there is pop up " bla...bla update ur contact " yes or No

do you guys, facing this problem after upgrade O/S ??
please help i need make contact with my friends from BB

Thanks, Nchex
Old 07-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #2
penlin

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

I did not see this after my upgrade, not sure why you are seeing this, are you using a BES?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
Nchex

Model: 8800
PIN: Option -> Status
Carrier: Indosat

Yes, Im using BES,
my colleague in here not facing that too only me :(
Old 07-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
blackout626
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: 28CDFBCB
Carrier: AT&T

I'm on BIS on a 8320 and after updating to v4.5.052.75, I've got the same problem with BB Messenger. When you start it up it says something like "You've transferred to a new device and do you want to update your PIN information to your contacts?" It sounds like the software feels your PIN has changed for some reason... like you're on a new phone and it needs to verify with your contacts again and resend the request for them to add you.

I pressed NO the first time and it erased all my contacts.

So I restored the Messenger list from a backup I had and started Messenger again. Same message. This time I clicked yes, and they were ALL moved to the pending group. NOBODY verified me... so I had them on pending for a whole day. I think that since I'm already on their contact list and my PIN hasn't really changed, their phones are not registering the requests.

So now I tried to message them while they were still in my pending and guess what? It works! And once they message back, they're right back in your Friend's group (or whatever group they were in before). So I thought I had it all figured out. BUT when I reset my BB and went back into the Messenger, the same thing happened all over again.

Now I'm gonna just try removing it and reinstalling it to see what happens.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
blackout626

Alright... I got it and it works. These are the steps I took:

1. Used App Loader to remove (delete) BB Messenger from my phone
2. After deleted, used App Loader to install it again
3. At this point, the Messenger program is totally new and empty. So I used the Backup/Restore application to Restore only the BB Messenger files

And it's back to perfect again... with the v4.5 Messenger and all my contacts/settings.

** The backup file I used to restore the Messenger info was one from BEFORE my OS update. I dunno if it makes a difference but I thought that would be safer.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

blackout626, how did you Restore ONLY your BB Messenger file to device. Everything on mine works well except Messenger so I don't want to mess with the other stuff.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
blackout626

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernox View Post
blackout626, how did you Restore ONLY your BB Messenger file to device. Everything on mine works well except Messenger so I don't want to mess with the other stuff.
To restore ONLY messenger files, go to Backup/Restore on the Desktop Manager and then "Advanced" on the right. That'll take you to a screen with two windows. The one on the right will load your phone records and the one on the left will be blank. Hit "File" atop the left window, choose "open" and open your backup file. The individual records for that backup file will load on the left window. Scroll down to "Blackberry Messenger" and highlight that. Click the arrows pointing to the right (in between the two windows) to transfer only the Messenger records over to your phone. Finish up and that's it.

** As an update though, I've updated my OS again to 4.5.0.55 (East Asia Version) and the problems started again and I am unable to "fix" it via the same method I used last time. Guess we're all kind of stuck with it now until they fix it in a future update. =(
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
tinagal177

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t
Unhappy Help

The same exact thing is happening to me. I have tried to go to App loader/remove so I can delete BB mess... but its only shows the 3rd party app (such as games) there is no BB messanger to delete. Is there something I am missing?

1. Used App Loader to remove (delete) BB Messenger from my phone
2. After deleted, used App Loader to install it again
3. At this point, the Messenger program is totally new and empty. So I used the Backup/Restore application to Restore only the BB Messenger files

And it's back to perfect again... with the v4.5 Messenger and all my contacts/settings.

** The backup file I used to restore the Messenger info was one from BEFORE my OS update. I dunno if it makes a difference but I thought that would be safer.
Closed Thread