Old 12-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #21
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
In my previous comparison I found AmAze GPS (another free app w/voice nav) to be better than Nav4All. AmAze GPS takes for-freakin' ever to load, but once up it is responsive and has worked well for me, overall.

I may go take another look at Nav4All, but didn't like it so much the last time I looked at it.
Amaze was great.... but for curve users, you can't successfully download the english sound file. We have been waiting over 2 months for a fix... and nothing.

It is slow as molasis, and they just started putting horrible ads in the worst places. I am all for ads and revenue, but what they are doing is driving people to by telenav... which is what I think i am going to do.. unless tomtom comes to my rescue.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #22
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Hmmm...I've seen a few ads, but nothing that was a problem, and when using voice I'm not looking at the display anyway.

I haven't used it for a week or so, but what I saw in the past were simple text boxes that appeared on part of the screen for a few seconds. Has that changed?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
SpoolinVW

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

I used Nav4All for the first time tonight after I borrowed my friends TomTom GPS puck.

My 8300 synced with the receiver with no problems, the software worked with no problems. But the interface was something left to be desired. Somewhat difficult to understand, a few things missing I felt should be there (street names, etc.) but I have no comparison. This was literally my first time using GPS (ever) so I had to give something a shot.

On the plus side, I strayed from my driving route it recommended, and it recalculated the correct route on the fly.

I had no voice, does the program include voice? I'm probably buying a GPS puck in the near future, so I'll definitely give it another shot. I wouldn't use GPS too much, so I can't justify paying for a monthly service...
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #24
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes it does have a voice. I wish they would follow some of the setting though. Such as when displaying GPS coordinates, speed / elevation is still shown in metric vs my preferences setting of english.

Also, when you have the map in "Where am I now" the blue dot will move with you as you drive, but the map doesn't seem to scroll when you drive off the edge of the phone.

I think I am running driving style of F2 as that provided the most realistic set of instructions to follow.

Re-calcs are good as you discovered.
Street names would be nice.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #25
nyccowgirl

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Do you have to change settings or something to get the voice to work?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #26
tornadodivine
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: O2

I have no idea, the voice doesn't work on my Nav4All either. There is something on the Nav4All knowledge base you can follow to make sure the voice file is downloaded, but having followed it (more than once) it made no difference.

The KB article (KB110025) states:
Check the following:

1. Are the language files downloaded correctly?
Go to "Settings > Choose language > Display Language" and select your language.
2. Make sure the volume of your phone is high enough.
3. Make sure your phone is not switched to a "silent" profile.

I raised a ticket request, but not heard anything yet. I'm sure I've read elsewhere though that you're unlikely to hear anything, but thought it was worth trying, just in case.

Last edited by tornadodivine; 05-29-2008 at 07:02 AM..
Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
weathrman1

Model: 8130
Carrier: ATT

I like it. Voice works on my 8310 and I like the simplicity of the screen basically telling you to turn in so many yards/meters/miles etc. If I want a detailed map to see a route or something I go to google maps.

Is the Tracking and Tracing working in 8.0.86? I tried to open it and it said "coming soon".
Closed Thread