Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
Tenaciousc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO
Default Attention Complainers

Please Login to Remove!

To those that are complaining about features, and quality and blah blah blah.

1. Did you do all your research on the product before you bought it?
2. Did you get on RIM's site and look at the manual in PDF format before buying?
3. Did you go to a store, and hold one, make test calls, generally use the phone like you would when you get it home?
4. Did you read all reviews?
5. Did you contact RIM to see what their plans were for cases?
6. i can keep going, but i wont.

It seems like every other post is a complaint. There is something called buyer beware. That means that it is your duty as a consumer to learn everything you can about a product before investing in it. The 8100 as it sits is a great phone.

And BTW.. what is the perfect device? All of them have a flaw of some sort.. just remember that what you consider a flaw is someone else's enhancement.

Example: Camera Shutter sound.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T

Yep, I think the 8100 is a great phone.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
stealthx32
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8220
Carrier: T-Mobile

Its an internet forum. Maybe you should consider the purpose of such a forum before you get on your soapbox.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Tenaciousc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthx32
Its an internet forum. Maybe you should consider the purpose of such a forum before you get on your soapbox.
what is the purpose?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
ibrg

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Tenaciousc, I appreciate your post but I think complaining, venting and/or criticizing is a healthy thing so long as it is constructive and appropriate.
Forums such as this one are a great place to vent, share and help people who have something in common.
Besides, even if Ixxx8217;d be reading the entire manual that came with my Pearl, I couldnxxx8217;t possibly understand all of it: So I seek help here.
Cheers
Old 10-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Moved to Rants and Raves Forum.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #7
tbdiscovery

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sprintel

My complaints about Sprint and Nextel are keeping a young boy in Sao Paulo safe. See, if I were to give it to the Sprintel folks the way I truly want to, or if I were to employ road rage, beat animals, or knife strangers, then it would just trickle down. Each affected person would pass along the foulness to the next.

So, I spread cheer during the day and then punch the keyboard. When it is read here, it is more of a caution to others regarding what to expect from the companies, or it could even be amusing knowing that I was transferred 11 times.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

You can try the device, use it in the store for a few minutes, read everything available but until you get it home and have hours to play with it, you wont really know what limitations you dont like about it.

I don't mind people asking about things they don't like or want to change about the device...
Old 11-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #9
tbdiscovery

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
You can try the device, use it in the store for a few minutes, read everything available but until you get it home and have hours to play with it, you wont really know what limitations you dont like about it.

I don't mind people asking about things they don't like or want to change about the device...
I totally agree. It's the intricate limitations that push us over the edge. I didn't know about the 8703e OS issues (waiting for 4.2). In a way, the BB does force the novice to become a mini-professional at the very least.

But that goes hand in hand, being that we are so busy, we cannot check every spec right away. Also, the BB forces itself as a lifestyle rather than a phone.

I can say that since I know about this forum, I will certainly make better-researched decisions, but then again it is fun to try the handheld first and pass along information.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Well my 2 cents worth is that BB fits my bill quite fine. Had one with T-Mobile and was very happy. Have one now with Verizon and am very happy. Went away from the BB when I switched to VZW due to falling for the dazzling bells and whistles of their V-Cast phones. Saw their shortcomings and went back to the BB. Like Michael Corleone said in the Godfather III "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
Old 11-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
a_kayaker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default I like the rants and raves.

I for one like to hear the rants and raves.

While in the store you only have a limited amount of time with the device and the carriers do not make it easy to return products because of bad equipment or terrible service. I have had both.

I would rather hear someone elses take on the product and then I can make a decision using all the info I have gathered.

IMHO

Theodore Roosevelt
Old 11-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #12
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt for the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...
Old 11-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #13
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this whole resort down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your board of tourism and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #14
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour

I think the complaints that get to me are the ones where users start new threads to complain they want a camera they want wifi they want Tmo and Cing to have a 3G BB now etc etc over and over. Those are the complaints that get me. A central thread for practical things to add to a BB would be good, but then again those can run off in the wrong direction too...
Old 11-30-2006, 11:59 PM   #15
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucejr
Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt for the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...
That's not salt, the dishwasher has dandruff and refuses to wear a hair net. Don't worry, there's no extra charge. We throw it in for free...
Old 12-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #16
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
That's not salt, the dishwasher has dandruff and refuses to wear a hair net. Don't worry, there's no extra charge. We throw it in for free...
Well then I might have to just show them my Oh face!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #17
lovemaster
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungy
Yep, I think the 8100 is a great phone.
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 01:51 AM   #18
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

I think the original poster is painting with much too broad a brush, is off base, and ironically comes off as a whiner himself.

DISCUSSING issues doesn't seem like a problem, which is what most people do around here.

COMPLAINING about carrier negligence or perceived flaws in a device doesn't seem like a sin either.

Sounds to me like Tenaciousc just doesn't like the tone perhaps?

Considering it's an Internet forum, you're going to get all types.

If you don't like complaints, don't read them!

Consider this: all the complaints form a basis for people to do research. I do a lot of research here based on actual user experience before I buy a device or software.

In fact, I learn a lot more here than I could ever learn standing in a cell phone store trying to figure out a device.

So people, PLEASE COMPLAIN if you don't like something. It really helps me and I appreciate it!
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250

Last edited by kurichan; 12-17-2006 at 01:55 AM..
Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 AM   #19
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

Most people don't bother reading things and do research because they are too lazy and it takes time.

Most of the stuff I buy, I do little bit of reading and research on the products.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #20
Yellowfin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
PIN: 30105C09

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have no beef with any manufacturer. I buy or don't buy based on what they put out for the public. My gripes when and where they may be are usually with service providers who manipulate capabilities of phones and/or have inadequate support and information at the retail level. Not always, not everywhere, but it happens and it is irritating when it happens.
Closed Thread