BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
vandeda
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs down Seidio customer service ... is this for real?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm still giggling about this because it's quite ridiculous in my opinion .. quite amusing it is. Frustrating, but also amusing. I ordered a 2-in-1 adapter, which is a planned experiment because I have an 8703e and the 2-in-1 adapter isn't made for these phones. I want good headphones because I have trouble understanding people on the phone sometimes. Right now I'm using a stereo headset/mic combination right now and I get sound out of both speakers and the mic works (Altec Lansing UHS306 ... the mic stinks though which is why I'm looking for an alternative). So I figured, for $35 I'll give it a try because I've read that the mic is decent in the 2-in-1 adapter. If it doesn't work, no big loss. So ....
  1. On Monday January 21st I order the adapter.
  2. Thursday January 24th I realize my OEM battery is quickly dying. I check the order status and it says "In-Progress". OK, doesn't look like it has shipped yet, so I call up to see if I can add a battery. I'm told that my order has shipped, so 15 minutes later I order a battery in a separate order.
  3. Friday January 25th, the order status says the battery order is "Complete" whereas the adapter is still "In-Progress". Hmmm ... odd
  4. Saturday January 26th, battery arrives. Hmmm ... odd
  5. Monday January 28th I call again. This time I'm told the adapter is on backorder. I inform the lady that on Thursday I was told the order shipped. I get put on hold for 10 minutes while the lady checks. Comes back and asks for my number. Says she'll look into it more and call me back.
  6. Thursday January 30th, no call yet. So I call back. Lady checks, comes back and says "oh ... umm ... the 2-in-1 adapter has been discontinued". What the heck?!? But she says that they'll cancel and I can order something right now and get free shipping ... gee ... thanks. I don't want to order anything else.

How, in less than 1 week, does my order go from shipped, to backordered, to discontinued?!? This is their own product and they don't know if they still make it or not?!? And why did I have to call them to find this out, why didn't they inform me about this? Was my order going to be pending forever until I finally called them?

Best part, I just checked their website and it says the 2-in-1 adapter for the Blackberry is IN STOCK! But on the phone they tell me it's been discontinued.

I should have asked for free shipping on my battery for so much misinformation and poor communication. Terrible ... just terrible.

Last edited by vandeda; 01-30-2008 at 08:52 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with Seidio. I am sure they will look into the situation and do their best to rectify it. There are many people on this forum that use Seidio frequently without issue, and there are those that have made purchases and are 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 with issues. Like I said though, they are a good company and, more often than not, they do right by their customers.

Last edited by Shaun; 01-30-2008 at 06:04 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
vandeda
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e

yeah ... guess you could say I'm 1 for 2. Battery came quick. But what got me (laughing almost) was how do you not know whether you're making your own product anymore or not? "It's backordered .... oh wait ... oops, I mean we stopped making it".

Online status still says the order is "In-Progress" ... I hope they canceled it though, I don't want to call a 4th time haha
Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

Why am I NOT surprised by what happened to you? Could it be from personal experience that I've had with Seidio?
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

Seidio IMHO started out great with their support for blackberry, and they are still "okay", but over promising and lack of focus on the blackberry for sometime, is kind of giving seidio a bad wrap. I would say the over-promising and then recanting of products was what did it with me. Ordering, they have been suspect. Hope they can get it together.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Sorry to hear of the issues your have had,,,,, I have never had a problem with them...

Kris
Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

I like most of the products. I disdain the shipping dept completely!
Old 02-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Never any problems with me and I have order quite a bit from them. Sorry to hear your problems
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
Tennvol
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMobile

I too have been pretty dissapointed with Seidio CS lately. A year or so ago they were great but now I can't even get a straight answer on if they will sell me just a extended battery door for my 8300. No one can answer my question, and no one ever calls or emails me back.
Closed Thread