BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Archangeldawn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Question Volume control not working , which database controls volume?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtSmart View Post
I had the same failure. You can verify that the button has physically failed by going under Options / Screen/Keyboard / Key Tone On / Save. Now you can hear every other button, even the volume down button, but not the broken volume up button.

Here was my workaround to get the media player volume back up to 50% (not 100%, but it's a heck of a lot better than zero):

1. Launch desktop manager
2. Synchronize with Outlook
3. Backup everything to a new database (not really needed, but just a precaution)
4. Restore old database (before volume got stuck at 0%)
5. Change synchronization conflict resolution options so that Outlook wins
6. Synchronize with Outlook
7. Change synchronization conflict resolution option back to "ask me what to do"

Voila. Now my media player volume is back to 50%, which is where it was when I did the last backup before accidentally ratcheting it down to 0%.

Whenever I restore a database, it always loses my Internet Browser. To get it back, go under Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu Key / Register Now / Ok. Unfortunately, I'm back to all the old bookmarks as they were in the old database, but I can always re-do those changes.

I have read this solution elsehwhere, but I came to the blackberry forums to see if you guys can help me up with this question.

Okay I Could restore an old database where the volume was at 50%, but the Desktop Media Manager also has an option to restore specific options that were previously backed up .

SO my question is, does anyone know what specific database controls the volume control? SO I won't have to do a FULL Database restore?

Thank You
Closed Thread