Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
BBExaminer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 242E0546
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Project Black/Dark on T Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Have you guys heard of this? TMobile is gearing up to announce something huge that they're saying is going to bump them up from being the no. 4 mobile provider in the US.

From what I hear, it's going to include 3G speeds up to 21mpbs and at least three new phones that are 3G capable, one of which being the 9700.

The juicy part is the rumor that it will contain a $50 completely unlimited plan. Completely as in voice, sms, mms, and data! Not really sure if that would work on BlackBerrys, but if that rumor is true, TMO will pretty much have the best to offer mobile users.

So what do you guys think?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Carlosrey23

Model: 8900

T-Mo already had an unlimited plan....$50 for the first line and $40 for the following lines, provided you are a long time user of t-mo (I am).

Also the are having a launching party of the Bold 9700 in NY city on Nov 5th, so the launch on the new bold should by by Christmas.... The other phone you refer to is the Motorola Cliq, which is on their website listed as "coming soon"....and I haven't heard of a third....

Also they have UMA (Voice calling through WiFi) which means fewer dead spots if you can connect.

I currently have Unlimited Phone, Unlimited web, and Unlimited messaging for way less any other carrier....now if only the coverage was a s good as say ATT or Verizon, I would be set!!!!!

Last edited by Carlosrey23; 10-12-2009 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: additional info provided
Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

the last rate plan revamps was just as exciting as the last episode of seinfeld.

Wasn't game changing as all. Their fav 5 idea got shot to the ground, after everyone else started doing the same thing. Plus how can it be game changing if Altel was doing it already?

So what did they do, like add on a ton of minutes to exisiting plans and include mobile2mobile.

Bait but no hook. A guy on a $99 family plan doesn't need 1000 extra minutes (which was a huuuuuuge amount) he wants to pay less than $99, SAVE MONEY! So they missed the idea there.

Any now sprint comes out with the AnyMobile.

So, if T-Mobile learned anything, they got to do something HUUUGE, if they want to jump into number 3 spot. And it might be a mixture of things. Honestly, I've been saying it for quite some time, t-mobile needs to redo their rate plans or expand on it.

It's like when I used to call customer care to correct some mistakes, they'd always be like "ok i'm sorry, let me give you 100 extra bonus minutes" and I'm like.....I never go over my minutes, what does an extra 100 minutes do for me? Nice gesture, but pointless when you think about it.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
neutrax

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

If thats true they would...problem is they will still require you to get the BES/BIS service at an extra 25 a line......which i dislike about all carriers sprint has the right idea i mean seriously 129.99 gets you 2 lines Blackberrys included in this package unl Data messageing of all sorts TV RaDIO and Nav 1500 mins and they included any wireless number anycarrier anytime FREE so thats 1500 minutes to call buisnesses and landlines......id bet if your spending that much time talking to landlines someone hasnt caught up with the ages yet or you work for a company in this case they should probably be paying your bill. Tmo does have some good deals though i wish they did have service where i live though because the priceing in better for the things i would need than verizon but tmo drops service as soon as i get within 20 miles of my house i live in the middle of NOWHERE
Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Everything except covarage.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

That's why I love UMA....
Old 10-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
BBExaminer

PIN: 242E0546

Well the buzz on this is getting more and more . . . . buzzy . . ?

There's tons more out there that's been confirmed. Stuff about rate plans, phones, subsidizing phones, better 3g coverage. Yeah I'm really starting to get excited for Project Black!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

the cliq doesn't have UMA
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

wow, leaked info and rate plan sheets. All over blogs.

All I have to say is if this is true then...pathetic.

t-mobile hasn't learned anything. These plans are not game changing. It's a huge deal and huge serect, and this is it? Ha!

They still haven't moved past there "get more" thinking. If anything, these new plans will make it easier for other carriers to pick off t-mobile customer, because some will be on the no contract.

One thing that has me thinking....this will greatly effect me the next time I upgrade to a blackberry. Right now i'm on the loyalty ($49.99) with the BIS ($19.99) and unlimited txt ($14.99). ($84.94/mo total). Since I am on the old BIS $20 plan, if I were to upgrade to a BB, they would require me to drop the $20 BIS and $15 unlimited txt plan and hop on the $34.99 unlimited web & txt plan, which is no biggie because its practically the same thing (ok $0.01 more).

However, come Oct 25th, and new plans. More than likely, that $34.99 unlimited web & txt plan will be gone. So....does that mean i'm required to sign switch to the rumored $99 unlimited plan and pay more?!?

WTF?!?

Or I can go off contract and pay $79.99 but full price for the phone, which I might do. Thing is many people might find this a good deal. So now you got all these customers off contract. Quite honestly it will be an easy picking of tmo customers especially if they roll into sprint or something and see a phone they like really like. Go back to t-mobile.

So this is there plan to get them out of 4th place? Please....I love t-mobile, i've been with them since 2003, but this is a joke. Out of 4th place and past sprint? No way. If anything all this is going to do is make t-mobile more money (nothing wrong with that), but to move them out of 4th place? Not a chance. Few things can happen, either this has no effect on number of subscribers, but make more money: or less subscribers, make more money. At best, i think they might gain 1 or 2million customers that they'll steal from MetroPCS

I really thought the whole idea was to gain more customers and move past 4th place? Instead, I think they made there job harder. I'm not saying the plans are so horrible where people will jump ship (though some have expressed they will cause of the rumored plans). But t-mobile is leaving themselves open for other carriers pick off t-mobile customers who take the no contract options. Basically, now they need a heck of a good reason to convince customers to stay.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 10-21-2009 at 09:01 PM..
Closed Thread