Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #41
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm102 View Post
I'm actually kind of depressed that someone would say this. i currently work customer service for sprint and i'm truly offended. i take time outside of my job to do research and read magazines and forums and blogs to stay on top of my game to make sure i'm giving people the most current and up-to-date info i possibly can. if you've had bad cs before i'm sorry but don't generalize one or two experiences for a whole company or for that matter, csr's as a whole.
boohoo

Having one or even one hundred great CS reps doesnt change the fact that on a whole Sprint has the worst CS in the industry. If you do your research and keep up on forums as you say then you must have known this going into the job. Dont get offended when people call Sprint's CS what it is.

If you are one of the ones trying to change that, so much the better. But the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting it exists, and Sprint's CS problems most certinly do exist.

He could have been a little more diplomatic but everything he said rings true to me after a total of 7 years as a customer, 1 year as a COR employee and 3 years as an indirect agent of Sprint.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #42
bpc40

Model: 7130c
Carrier: AT&T

AnthroMatt Where does one find the new data plan for Sprint ($30). I don't find it on their web site.

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #43
Omegamania
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

I've called and I can't find someone to tell me about it.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #44
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

The plan is not listed on their website, so you won't find it there.

As to how you can get someone to find it for you...you need to be a CDMA (sprint) customer and you must have been migrated to the Nextel (Ensemble) billing system in order to get the $30 plan. It is not available to people that are still on Sprint's billing system.

I suggest calling 1-877-654-9111, select option 2 (BlackBerry support). The reps there are dedicated to BB's, so they might have a better idea where to find the plan in Sprint's system than an ordinary CS rep would.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #45
jvm102

Model: 8830

Yea the current sprint data plan right now is going at $30.00 per month. it includes the unlimited blackberry data use, unlimited sms text messaging, and BIS support. this plan will not give you PAM access, and if you must use BES for email you may as well forget about it because this plan doesn't support. if you want PAM then it's an additional $15 per month. not bad for all of that, considering before you'd be paying around $55 + for the same plan
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #46
bpc40

Model: 7130c
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks AnthroMatt

bpc40
Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #47
fdic2b

Model: 8130

jvm102- I am currently a sprint customer, and have been since 99, but i am not currently happy with the service or phone i have! Since Sprint is changing the bb data plan rate, does theis give me an "out" to cancel my contract and not pay the $200.00 fee? just wondering?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #48
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Well, I am not jvm but I can answer that:

No. Data plans are not tied to your contract, they are considered optional add-ons. Furthermore, you are under no obligation to switch to the new plan. Finally, changes must present demonstrable "material adverse effects" to the customer to warrant cancellation without penalty. It would be pretty hard to argue that the availability of a cheaper plan is harmful to you in some way.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #49
fdic2b

AnthroMatt- Thanks for the answer! I'm just grabbing at any reason i can find! But thanks for your help!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #50
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdic2b View Post
AnthroMatt- Thanks for the answer! I'm just grabbing at any reason i can find! But thanks for your help!
Why not just cancel? Sell your 7130 to pay for part (most?) of the $200 ETF?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #51
jvm102

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdic2b View Post
jvm102- I am currently a sprint customer, and have been since 99, but i am not currently happy with the service or phone i have! Since Sprint is changing the bb data plan rate, does theis give me an "out" to cancel my contract and not pay the $200.00 fee? just wondering?

unfortunately, no this is not an out.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #52
fdic2b

Anthromatt- Thanks that sounds so simple i didnt think of it!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #53
Stacey

Model: 8703e

I called to try to get the new $30 plan to discover that I am still on the old billing system and my account would have to be migrated to Ensemble, which is actually Nextel. This would mean that I would have to sign another 2 year contract (I'm already 1 year into this contract) and would have to wait another 2 years if I wanted to get all of the available rebates for a new phone. So, it's a nice way for them to get you into another 2 year contract. I have to decide if it's worth the $20 a month that I would save.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #54
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
I called to try to get the new $30 plan to discover that I am still on the old billing system and my account would have to be migrated to Ensemble, which is actually Nextel. This would mean that I would have to sign another 2 year contract (I'm already 1 year into this contract) and would have to wait another 2 years if I wanted to get all of the available rebates for a new phone. So, it's a nice way for them to get you into another 2 year contract. I have to decide if it's worth the $20 a month that I would save.
Not true, they should reset your contract after the "port" to the time it was due to expire before you made the switch. They did it for me. Fighting to get phone rebates will be a bit tougher. Document when you are eligible for an upgrade so you have proof when the time comes. You will have to "fight" a bit, but you should get everything back to the way it was prior to being migrated.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #55
movieguy00

Model: 9630

I called last week and tried to get this blackberry vision plan added, I was already on the Ensemble billing system but they still had a problem adding the plan and they gave me a ticket number for a service request. I called back today and they told me the ticket was closed but yet they still couldn't add this plan but would try a way to get it on. They claimed they moved my account from one billing system to another, cleared everything on one of the systems, then moved back onto the system.

After hanging up with them I could not get my phone to make calls or use any data. I called back and had to enter a new IMSI number (I believe this is the number I changed...) and had to re-provision the phone (I have a Blackberry 8830). Everything seems to be working fine now...I downloaded sprint navigation and it logged me right in.

However, I noticed that on sprint.com my voice plan was different and had to have that changed...but I also noticed sprint.com is still not working properly for me since the migration last week...I can not check my bill, pay my bill, the additonal add-on section lists that I have almost add-on they offer but when calling CS they only see my voice plan and the $30 blackberry plan. Is there a different thread where people are having similar issues with the new overhaul at sprint.com?

Also, if anyone successfully added this new blackberry plan...I downloaded sprint navigation and it instantly logged in for me when I opened it and it works fine (I just hope I don't get additional charges for this), I have not tried On Demand premium services yet...but does anyone know if with the 8830 you can access the sprint tv that the package supposedly offers?

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #56
Addicted123

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
The plan is not listed on their website, so you won't find it there.

As to how you can get someone to find it for you...you need to be a CDMA (sprint) customer and you must have been migrated to the Nextel (Ensemble) billing system in order to get the $30 plan. It is not available to people that are still on Sprint's billing system.

I suggest calling 1-877-654-9111, select option 2 (BlackBerry support). The reps there are dedicated to BB's, so they might have a better idea where to find the plan in Sprint's system than an ordinary CS rep would.
I don't understand. Is the Nextel (Ensemble) billing system you are referring to something that all customers will eventually be migrated to? Or are there two separate groups of customers so one would be SOL for the $30 plan if they are on the Sprint billing system?

I'm not looking forward to a 2 year contract if I do not qualify for the $30 plan.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #57
Addicted123

Model: 8300

I called and the representative confirmed the plan, but with no unlimited text messaging. Has anyone signed up to the plan and received unlimited texts?

Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #58
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted123 View Post
I don't understand. Is the Nextel (Ensemble) billing system you are referring to something that all customers will eventually be migrated to? Or are there two separate groups of customers so one would be SOL for the $30 plan if they are on the Sprint billing system?

I'm not looking forward to a 2 year contract if I do not qualify for the $30 plan.
Yes, there are two billing systems, and yes everyone will eventually be migrated over to the Nextel system, though that is not expected to be complete for another 12 months or so. Someone posted over at another forum that they have decided to make the new BB plan available to people on all systems, so you might be able to get it regardless of the billing system you are on now.

Addicted...I am signed up and I can confirm I have unlimited SMS.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #59
redsoxnation
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT
Thumbs up

No longer a rumer! I just changed my plan today. Sprint now offers unlimited BIS, Unlimited data, email, text, and Sprint navigation which is turn by turn. I just used the Nav which is awsome! And the price is $10 cheeper now $30. If you have a pearl that is now on their website or the 8830 you can also veiw free TV with this plan
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 AM   #60
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
No longer a rumer! I just changed my plan today. Sprint now offers unlimited BIS, Unlimited data, email, text, and Sprint navigation which is turn by turn. I just used the Nav which is awsome! And the price is $10 cheeper now $30. If you have a pearl that is now on their website or the 8830 you can also veiw free TV with this plan
So if I snap a pic and send it to my email is that included in this plan?