Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
siulong

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Wi-Fi help please

Please Login to Remove!

Ok here's the scenario.... Wireless at home. No problem, Wireless anywhere else other than our corporate LAN has no problem.

We have it setup using TKIP/AES and i've tried everything to try and get the bold to connect. I've export certs and everything. The joke is my iPhone works seamlessly. Please don't tell me this is where the bold fails i was happy in thinking it was an alterantive to the iPhone...

Advice from BB support at Orange "Your have to change the setting on the router" I replied ' you want me to change the setting on our corporate router just so my phone can work and mess up everyone else??'

If anyone can walk me through some possible scenarios as to what i should try? I'm an Infrastructure Architect so you can get as techie as you like :smileyhappy:

Thanks
Old 01-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
surajkr

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default 9700 On Corporate Wi-FI

I'm running into same scenario. My BB 9700 would not connect to corporate WiFi. I can connect seamlessly from my Windows 7 based laptop to office network. It seems Microsoft did much better job in this case.

The BB WiFi setup screen asks too many inputs. The setup asks me to enter CA certificate. How/Why am I supposed to know that?

I would think it would not be that difficult, specially connecting at other hotspots was not a pain at all.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Closed Thread