I gotta admit I am having problems getting this to work consistently. There are a few variables I was hoping someone withe more experience or a better history of success could help with..
I did have a single file transfer over properly and I was like 'cool' then went to play with some other feature but now I have no idea what I did to get it to work or what I changed since them with my phone setting or process that has things always failing.
I am using a Macintosh with OS X v.10.4.9 installed but some of these questions are connected (I think) to the Blackberry rather than the PC on the other end. When attempting to transfer files:
- On my Mac I have turned on on Bluetooth in System Preferences and set the bluetooth icon to appear in the menubar.
- On my Blackberry I go into the Media Browser application.
- While in the Media Browser get into a directory and "Receive Using Bluetooth"
- On my Blackberry I get a status screen that says "File Transfer -- Waiting for Connection"
- I jump over to my computer and 'Send File..' from the Bluetooth icon in the menubar.
- Up pops a file browse window -- I select the file to send.
- My Computer then brings up a status message that says "Waiting for Device"
- My Blackberry screen updates with a prompt for me to select what folder and filename to give the file being sent via bluetooth.
(I think everything is working up until this point -- the two devices are talking to each other.. one knows the other one is sending, the other receiving, etc. etc.)
- On the blackberry I fumble though the menu to get to "Explore" and get the the /Media Card/blackberry/music directory and change the name of the file.
- I click enter and after a moment where things look like they are working (I get some connected, and beginning transfer and a status bar) then things fail and I get a "Transfer Failed" message.
I think the biggest frustration is that the blackberry just gives this generic error message -- never specifying what (specifically) is the problem with the attempted transfer. On top of that when I broke down the variables I realized there could be some issue I am unaware of at any point in the process.
So here are the variables:
-- Are there rules that I might be breaking here? Does there need to be a file extension? When I tried to enter one it seemed to cut it off? Is there a character limit? Are some characters unsupported?
- Is there a limit or rules around file size..?
- Are there certain directories you can or can't write to? Is the memory card off limits? Am I trying to force a file into a directory that doesn't allow it and that is why things are failing?
Media Card Settings
- Does it need to be set on 'Mass Storage Mode Support - ON' to read and write via bluetooth..? Does it need to be set to off?
Can anyone help?