BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
logiclost

Model: 7520
Default More service book missing

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB7520 on nextel. Using the web client. I am unable to get 'more' of my messages. I get the message " More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found."

I can still get e-mails, I just cannot read all of them. I just recently upgraded to 4.1 in attempts to correct a previous problem. (previous problem delt with a bad app that left the device in a stay saying "prefetch execption" and gave the option to reset which would throw it into an infinite loop)

I was unable to back up my data so I do not have a copy of the service book. Actually I was unaware it even existed prior to this point.

I tried going to the blackberry site and was able to send out new service books. I sucessfully got them however still same issue, going through the list I don't see anything related to it.

Any ideas?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Try going to the Host Routing table in the wrench menu and clicking the wheel and selecting "register now"

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
logiclost

Model: 7520

Tried it to no avail, I finally contacted nextel, they should be getting back to me soon.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Texas_Traveler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

I just upgraded my 7100g to 4.1, and now I am having this issue. I have resent the service books, and the host routing table register now thing.

Any ideas how to fix it?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

Sometimes a service book becomes corrupt and a request from your BIS account would overwrite a corrupt service book or replace a missing one. Ocassionally a corrpted service book is not overwritten and in these instances it's advisable to delete the service books first from the device, thus ensuring all the books are replaced when requested from the BIS site. Give this a go.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
Texas_Traveler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
Sometimes a service book becomes corrupt and a request from your BIS account would overwrite a corrupt service book or replace a missing one. Ocassionally a corrpted service book is not overwritten and in these instances it's advisable to delete the service books first from the device, thus ensuring all the books are replaced when requested from the BIS site. Give this a go.
Great idea. Which service book(s) should I delete? I don't see a "BlackBerry Internet Service Service Book" What one would be email related?

TIA
Old 05-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
Texas_Traveler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Traveler
Great idea. Which service book(s) should I delete? I don't see a "BlackBerry Internet Service Service Book" What one would be email related?

TIA
An update.....Well I found this: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...4339&vernum=13

It describes my situation, and it outlines BBAdmin's solution. The only problem now is that this remedy didn't fix the problem.

I am going to try again......
Old 05-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #8
Texas_Traveler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Traveler
An update.....Well I found this: http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...4339&vernum=13

It describes my situation, and it outlines BBAdmin's solution. The only problem now is that this remedy didn't fix the problem.

I am going to try again......
It's fixed. Newer emails that I've received I am able to pull down additional text without getting any error message. When I try to pull down additional test of older emails before I got a new Service Book I still get the error message. It must have something to do with the service book in place at the time you received the email, I guess.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #9
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

it also depends on whether the email is still on the server (BIS 2.0) or in your BIS inbox (BIS 1.8)
if the email is not there the handheld can't download more (as can't find the original message to get more data from)
Closed Thread