Old 04-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #41
Goalie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Telus

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermix
There is an icon for each mailbox and your old mail icon.
I am on Telus with a 7510 and have upgraded to 2.0 but there are no new icons on my BB.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #42
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie
I am on Telus with a 7510 and have upgraded to 2.0 but there are no new icons on my BB.
Did you create any POP/IMAP external email accounts?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #43
Goalie

Yes I did. The E-mail Settings icon has now shown up but there is still only the original Message icon, even though I have set up multiple accounts.

Last edited by Goalie; 04-11-2006 at 02:23 PM..
Old 04-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #44
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie
Yes I did. The E-mail Settings icon has now shown up but there is still only the original Message icon, even though I have set up multiple accounts.
If you want to display the individual message icon for each account on your BB, from the home screen press-hold ALT click trackwheel select show all.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #45
Goalie

Thanks whsbus but it still only has one icon.

Also, when I use BBToday it does not show new messages even when I do have some.

Will 2.0 eventually have an Auto Reply like 1.8 did?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #46
sparky_dfw_tx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

I posted this under the 71xx forum, but meant to post it here....Question regarding the new VZW BIS....I know one can select the "sent from" address when composing a new e-mail, but what happens when you are replying to an e-mail that has been forwarded to your BIS account...Example...I have my work e-mail forwarded to my blackberry.net address (we don't have BES)....using the old BIS, when I respond to a work e-mail I ensure my sent from address is my work address and no one is the wiser (unless they look at the headers, but most people don't), but with the new BIS it looks like it isn't possible to do this....Am I missing something?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #47
mistermix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_dfw_tx
I posted this under the 71xx forum, but meant to post it here....Question regarding the new VZW BIS....I know one can select the "sent from" address when composing a new e-mail, but what happens when you are replying to an e-mail that has been forwarded to your BIS account...Example...I have my work e-mail forwarded to my blackberry.net address (we don't have BES)....using the old BIS, when I respond to a work e-mail I ensure my sent from address is my work address and no one is the wiser (unless they look at the headers, but most people don't), but with the new BIS it looks like it isn't possible to do this....Am I missing something?
Not unless I'm missing it, too. Replies assume you want to reply using the address where BIS got the mail (if retrieved via POP or IMAP), or your default address as defined in BIS (if the mail was forwarded to you).

This is a pain, because, in practice, it means that you can really only forward one email address to your BB, unless you don't care that your correspondents get a reply with a different return address than the one where they sent the email.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #48
whsbuss

Quote:
You cannot select a different Reply-From address when replying to forwarded email to your BB address. What you can do is set your work email address in the Reply-To field in the BIS for your BB address. Click the Edit icon for the BB account.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #49
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermix
Not unless I'm missing it, too. Replies assume you want to reply using the address where BIS got the mail (if retrieved via POP or IMAP), or your default address as defined in BIS (if the mail was forwarded to you).

This is a pain, because, in practice, it means that you can really only forward one email address to your BB, unless you don't care that your correspondents get a reply with a different return address than the one where they sent the email.
That's correct. Many of us have a gmail address that we give to people for real-time BB emailing. Everything else can be configured on the BIS so sending/replying will have the correct Send-From address. Its a bit of a pain but definately workable.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #50
sparky_dfw_tx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
You cannot select a different Reply-From address when replying to forwarded email to your BB address. What you can do is set your work email address in the Reply-To field in the BIS for your BB address. Click the Edit icon for the BB account.
This is a pain. I wonder why they would remove this feature as I am sure a lot of people used it?

I suppose another solution is to use the new Mail Connector app, but that means you have to have you computer on and connected to the LAN 24/7, which in my case is fine, but if there is a power outage or the machine is shut down then you are SOL.....
Old 04-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #51
mistermix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

whusbuss is right - there are work-arounds for everything. And most of the new features are nice.

That said, I do think RIM needs to get to work on BIS to get it up to BES functionality. All of the synchronization, extra deleting, etc that I'm doing on my BB to keep my calendar, tasks and email updated is unproductive.

I'd like my BB to do all sync OTA, and I'd like to access my email, calendar and contacts with a good web-based client. I have great hopes for the just-announced Yahoo partnership with RIM.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #52
whsbuss

Quote:
This is a pain. I wonder why they would remove this feature as I am sure a lot of people used it?

I suppose another solution is to use the new Mail Connector app, but that means you have to have you computer on and connected to the LAN 24/7, which in my case is fine, but if there is a power outage or the machine is shut down then you are SOL.....
Have you tried using BBreply? It may help.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 AM   #53
sparky_dfw_tx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Have you tried using BBreply? It may help.

I thought about that, but doesn't BBReply only modify the Reply To address? While this could be a solution, and the only solution when I move to BIS 2.0, it still means my Sent From address will be different than my corporate address. Very frustrating.

I will give BBReply and the new Mail Connector a try.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #54
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

I have been under the assumption that moving to the BIS would allow VZW users to configure the reply-to (sent from) email address for EACH account, meaning that for email account A mail appears to come from email A and the reply-to is set to A, for email account B mail appears to come from email B and the reply-to is set to B, etc. Was I mistaken?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #55
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630

Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No you were not mistaken.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #56
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

I use various POP accounts but after the update, none of the mail is showing up in Outlook as read and doesn't appear to be deleted from my pop account when deleted from my blackberry. :(

Same old double filing... :(
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 04-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #57
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No you were not mistaken.

So when I log into the BIS I do not see a setting that allows that kind of configuration. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #58
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Login. Set up your accounts to be pulled. You'll automatically receive an icon on your handheld for each account you have set up. The default send-from address will be set for each account/icon, although you can change it manually if you wish.

N.B.: This will not work if you have your accounts set up to be forwarded to BIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
So when I log into the BIS I do not see a setting that allows that kind of configuration. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #59
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
The default send-from address will be set for each account/icon, although you can change it manually if you wish.
Understood and complete, but my understanding was that BIS 2.0 allowed for EACH email account address set up to be configured with its own reply-to/sent-from address. I do not see where that update can be made. I only see where the update can be made against the blackberry email address, which is the reply-to/sent-from address for all accounts that are set up (which is the same functionality I've had since I got this device 14 months ago).
Old 04-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #60
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

It's automatic! Click on one of the new icons on your handheld. Doesn't matter. Pick one. Begin a new e-mail message. At the top you'll see, "Send using: [email address]" where [email address] is the e-mail address corresponding to the icon you clicked. You can change that manually in the e-mail message if you want. You can even go in and make it permanently default to another of your addresses that is set up.

Make sense?
Closed Thread