Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Angry Annoyances with Exchange

Please Login to Remove!

I subscribe to exchangemymail's service and am very happy with it. However, there are two issues with Outlook which irritate me and I would like to know if there is a work around:

1) I am required to enter my password every time I enter outlook- I realize this is a security component that is important for corporate information integrity, however in my case, i would like to bypass this on my home computer the same way outlook is able to store passwords for pop/imap mail. There seems to be an option for this built into outlook, however I am still prompted for a password every time.

2) I get frequent bubble messages from my taskbar telling me that outlook is unable to connect to the exchange server/outlook is tryign to regain connection with the exchange server/outlook has restored connection/etc/etc. Is there a way to supress this?

I have contacted exchangemymail with my questions, and apparently these are just the way outlook works. However I am sure there is a third party or less obvious workaround to these issues.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

RUnning Outlook 2003 as part of Office 2003/WIndows XP Pro.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

By the sounds of it, you are accessing the Exchange server with Outlook with RPC over HTTP. That settings allows Outlook to get a MAPI connection to the Exchange server without establishing a VPN connection to the network hosting the Exchange server.

If that is the case, then your provider is right, that is just the way it is. Ask them if you can use OWA (Outlook Web Access) instead.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Yeah, I am connected to a third party exchange (exchangemymail.com) over http.
I have access to OWA but I prefer the use of outlook- i use all of the functions and I don't think OWA has journal functions or lexis nexis plug ins.

Sounds like I'm stuck. I can't even supress the bubble alerts?

Thanks!