BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Krusell Case: Great Quality, But.....

Please Login to Remove!

Search and search and search did I.....for a specific type of case for my BB7100t. I thought I found the perfect solution in the Krusell "Horizontic+ S-Wide," but was a bit dissapointed.

Perhaps I've been WAY too fussy, but I have been seeking two distinct features in a case:

1) Horizontal form factor. I dislike vertically-oriented belt cases, especially when one has to stand and sit many times during the course of a day. Vertically-oriented cases strain the belt clip and case and also feel uncomfortable when sitting.

2) A very positive method of securing the case that makes it very difficult for the case to slip off one's belt.

I wanted to find a case with a locking belt clip or a clip that has a "hook" in the end that grips the lower edge of a belt. An alternative would be loops through which a belt could pass, and ideally, a case with both a clip (for rapid mounting and removal) and belt loops (for added security when desired) would be perfect.

I thought I found such a case in the Krusell Horizontic+ SiWide #95184. This case not only has a belt clip, but it also has a belt loop function which allows the loops to be opened and the case removed without having to unbuckle your belt to withdraw the case! Great idea! However, I was dismayed to find two flaws that prompted me to immediately return the case to the vendor: it does NOT have an internal magnet to activate the device's "sleep" function, and the case size is actually larger in width than needed for the BB7100t (too wide). The Krusell website lists this case as the proper fitment for the BB7100, and I assumed that it would have the sleeper function since it was presented as proper for the BB. These Krusell cases are excellent in constuction and versatility, and I could probably live with the case being a bit larger than necessary, but I'm wondering if any of their cases have a sleeper-triggering magnet for BBs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Geeze...guess I'm being really picky!

There ya go...for what it's worth.

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)
Old 04-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

I have a Krusell Classic Multidapt Case with a Swivel Clip (I wish I had the option to NOT get the clip when I ordered this case) and it was useful for a while on my 7100t until the screen became dirty from food, dust, and particles from the case's material itself, which in turn made the screen dirty and difficult to read. The plastic covering on the case also began to stick to the screen of the phone (I know it was a form fitting case but I began to find I had to slide my finger under the plastic to get the case off to clean it). This made it difficult to type because my fingers slid across the plastic that covered the keypad. I found the swivel clip too obtrusive and made it hard to hold the phone, and I had nowhere to secure the phone safely as I am not ambulatory. I ended up taking the swivel clip off the case for this very reason and just tossing the phone in my backpack.

With this being said, I have now gone back to the OEM case that came with the phone and am waiting to receive a Fortte Open Face Case for my 7105t that I ordered.

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 04-09-2006 at 10:41 PM..
Old 04-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've had a few Krusell cases in the past and the quality seems OK. I'm not sure if it abuse but I have had the multidapt break on one case and my brother has had the multidapt break on his Krusell case also.

I think the problem with the sleeper magnet is that the horizontic case is more of a universal case which is also supposed to fit the Blackberry but is not specifically designed for the Blackberry. Too bad the case was also too big for your 7100.
Closed Thread