BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
glitterbass

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Red face Video encoding help

Please Login to Remove!

I posted on the video thread, but I didn't get a response. I am using the Seabryd software with little luck. I am attempting to convert the first DVD of the Family Guy TV series. I can successfully convert the first episode, but none of the others convert. I have tried to change settings and tried to string together the .VOB files, but the structure of the files is the issue. Instead of the files being a simple VTS_01_01.VOB, they are also VTS_02_01.VOB, VTS_03_01.VOB, etc (in some cases, there are more than 1 file within each numbering scheme i.e. VTS_03_02.VOB, VTS_03_03.VOB, and so forth).
How do I string those together? I tried to tell BBerry video converter to just convert one of the VOB's at a time, and I got some crazy video stuff going on - green people, chopping "skipping" audio, but no consistent video like I did with the first episode. I would have originally suspected it had to be encrypted, but if that were the case I don't think I would have gotten the first episode. I consider myself a semi-newb at this, so I would really appreciate some help
Old 08-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbass View Post
I posted on the video thread, but I didn't get a response. I am using the Seabryd software with little luck. I am attempting to convert the first DVD of the Family Guy TV series. I can successfully convert the first episode, but none of the others convert. I have tried to change settings and tried to string together the .VOB files, but the structure of the files is the issue. Instead of the files being a simple VTS_01_01.VOB, they are also VTS_02_01.VOB, VTS_03_01.VOB, etc (in some cases, there are more than 1 file within each numbering scheme i.e. VTS_03_02.VOB, VTS_03_03.VOB, and so forth).
How do I string those together? I tried to tell BBerry video converter to just convert one of the VOB's at a time, and I got some crazy video stuff going on - green people, chopping "skipping" audio, but no consistent video like I did with the first episode. I would have originally suspected it had to be encrypted, but if that were the case I don't think I would have gotten the first episode. I consider myself a semi-newb at this, so I would really appreciate some help
The products I use to convert my DVDs into Pearl format are from Slysoft, "AnyDVD" which unlocks the code, and "CloneDVD Mobile" which now has a "convert to Pearl" option.

Been with them since 2003. They are the best. I have all their products, but you can just get ANY DVD and Clone Mobile for $70.

SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD

Download and try the demo versions, you will be impressed. Truly a one click operation to convert into Pearl format. And you can tell it to convert certain chapters or the entire DVD.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 08-24-2007 at 01:56 PM..
Closed Thread