Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
mitchf

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Default voice mail mystery

Please Login to Remove!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen: More than 2 weeks after the date stamp for the voice mail message, it shows up, but as not new. I had never listened to it and it obviously was meant for someone else. But how did it show as not new AND how did the caller NOT realize the greeting wasn't for the person they were really trying to call (?). I'm STILL trying to figure that out. So in summary:

-why does this show as having already been listened to?
-how did this make it to my phone? Is it possible this was actually left for the correct person but when the server crashed an came online again, it got pulled it into my phone (just a big ol' technical glitch?)?

I played it for my wife and due to the nature of the message, it COULD be mistaken for an old female friend trying to contact me!

Thanks for any responses....

Mitch
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: voice mail mystery

Is this the only message that seems to be messed up? A couple of thoughts..if a bunch of vm's are missing, a battery reset will sometimes bring them through. If VM ( or set of VM's)is somehow corrupted, I've had my cell provider delete and recreate the mailbox from their end and it seems to have cleared things up. I've also seen situations where an incoming call goes directly to VM because the phone is "hung" ( processor or whatever) and the caller doesn't get the normal greeting. Perhaps it's a combination of some of these things. You don't want to get your wife mad. "Happy wife, Happy Life!"
Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
weezie90

Model: 8520
Carrier: o2

help? how do i post my own message?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
mitchf

Model: curve
Carrier: Nextel

Thanks for the reply. This appears to be the only instance of this happening so far. It seems that it would have to be some technical glitch, since I don't see why someone who doesn't know me would even leave a voice mail anyway. I understand that MAY happen but the message also didn't appear as "new" either.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

FWIW I have had delays of 3-5 days with legitimate messages to me getting posted to the voice mailbox. I had attributed it to Sprint.
Closed Thread