Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #1
Accident
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Key2
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Key2 Rant

Please Login to Remove!

So I got the Key2, nothing but frustration so far. Has the potential to be a good phone though. Mainly I like the keyboard but this phone has issues. The first blackberry the store tried to give me ended up DOA right out of the box. This second one sometimes wants to scroll up and down sparodically it isn't bad enough for me to put in a warranty claim yet. It was a pain in the butt at start up because I had to use the phone right away and it wants me to set up all this security stuff and google stuff and everything in between. Let alone having to fight the software to turn as much as you can off in order to try to reduce the amount of times you launch apps and open menus by accident. I wanted to view a picture and blackberry asked me a bunch of security questions to allow google to have access to my phone. It creates a bad experience asking so much. Not only that if you don't give the permission or want google uninstalled I wouldn't know how to do that yet but the phone seemed not to work well without google giving your info and pictures to the nsa. (Yes I leave cloud disabled). Anyways as I'm working my way through the phone I discovered the xxxxen phone has a dedicated dollar sign button instead of a period or comma! Who the xxxx designs a phone like that! I got this nifty little button on the keyboard called shortcuts instead of being able to assign a period to it...it wants to launch apps instead. I already have a short cuts button built into the right of the phone. I need to reassign my keyboard. None of the software built into the phone let's me do that nor does swipe typing. Priority Hub which to me was classified as a virus on my Q5 seems to be improved. I ended up getting rid of my Q5 for another a LG.
I'm hoping my experience will get better with this phone or maybe the updates will correct some of this....but blackberry did seem to move in a better direction.
As for the camera, it's fine for what I use it for but seems to be behind the competition.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-22-2018, 05:32 AM   #2
Accident

Default Re: Key2 Rant

i forgot to include home button for widgets and apps is stuck on my task bar I can't move it off.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Welcome to Google world. Google and Apple have just about taken control of the cell phone market. Unless you have a Google Android phone or a Apple cell phone your locked out of the new world of things. Google wont even allow anyone without the latest android levels login to the app store to download software. My issue is with GM and the Onstar application. Google has the latest version which GM states is required. Google wont allow access to older phones. Even Microsoft phones are locked out.
As for giving info, read the listing and see why they want info.

Last edited by tsac; 08-22-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #4
Accident

Having issues with speed dial adding everyone I called to it. I only want two numbers in that box not my call history. Ugh. Thanks for your comment tsac
Old 08-24-2018, 08:12 AM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

That's what happens when companies give Google full control of the cell phones.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #6
Accident

Updated to abe181 blackberry is back to its bad habits. If not one problem was fixed. All my issues still stand.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Accident

Yay google playstore stopped working
Old 08-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #8
tsac
BlackBerry God

I believe you have to log into Google before they will allow the phone to have access to playstore. As for my phone they wont allow it to login because the android level is not what they want.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:38 PM   #9
Accident

Correction double taping the space bar creates a lone period. Would be harder to leave a bunch...... Took me a while to learn that.
Closed Thread