Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 06:35 AM   #21
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Starhub

Please Login to Remove!

treo2bb,

We will release MiniSafe 1.2 for BlackBerry + MiniSafe Desktop on 30th May. Free upgrade will be provided.

All,

Thank you so much for all your feedback. We hope MiniSafe will meet your requirements.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #22
GenghisKhent
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

That is great news.

Is there is import (and export) capability as well as the desktop? If so, I am in. A prior message indicated import/export capability, but sometimes things change, so it never hurts to ask.

Also on the it never hurts to ask theory, any chance of a discount for forum members?
Old 05-27-2005, 05:51 AM   #23
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

GenghisKhent,

Yes. Import and Export will be supported. MiniSafe Desktop will also support two-way synchronization between desktop and handheld.

We have already given 10% discount. If you buy MiniSafe + MiniExcel together, we give as much as 30% discount. Check out our pricing here:
http://www.simprit.com/purchase.html#miniexcel_pricing
Old 05-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #24
GenghisKhent
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks simprit for responding. MiniExcel does look like an interesting product. I just need something to track my expenses while I am out of the office so I don't forget to ask for reimbursement. Not to take this thread OT, but does MiniExcel have the capability for me to set up drop downs for categories like Parking, Lunch and whatever?

Anyway, looking forward to May 30th, as I really need a password app now that, given my switch from PocketPC to BB, I can't use EWallet anymore.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:23 AM   #25
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

GenghisKhent,

MiniExcel is a spreadsheet application. It does not support the features you mentioned.

We postponed release date of MiniSafe 1.2. We will release MiniSafe 1.2 on 1st June. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

For your information, MiniSafe 1.2 will only support import of MiniSafe's export file and SplashID's export file. You may also use Excel to prepare import file for import. We will publish more information in MiniSafe's User Guide.

MiniSafe 1.2 will not support eWallet's export file. However we will support eWallet's export file in future release.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:15 AM   #26
Reichart
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmutzBerry
Cryptmagic has been promising a desktop component for a while now. The handheld program has a good interface, and I think this is also one to watch.
From the developer of CryptMagic:
Be sure to checkout the latest version at http://www.software-for-blackberry.com

Old 05-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #27
GenghisKhent
Thumbs Must Hurt

Simprit, I am not worried about a brief delay (May 31 to June 1). I is more important you get it right than I get it fast and then deal with the bugs.

I do have a question about your statement that MiniSafe 1.2 will not support eWallet's export file. eWallet can export as a text file. I realize the format of the exported text may not be exactly the one MiniSafe needs, but would MiniSafe accept import of a text file, albeit one that I would first have to modify in Excel? If so, what is the format MiniSafe needs? CSV (Like CryptMagic evidently)? I am just trying to avoid re-entering all that data.

Thanks. Jeff
Old 05-31-2005, 03:17 PM   #28
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Talking So now we have a comparison

Between what Minisafe will offer and Cryptmagic. Simprit, please jump in and plug your product and tell us why it compares favorably. This is the one app that will officially kill my Clie which I still carry around for the Splash ID application. Also what is your refund policy if it can do the import properly?

Thanks. Looking forward to this very much. Have been waiting for the desktop and import features.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:54 PM   #29
GenghisKhent
Thumbs Must Hurt

I too would be interested in a constructive comparison, from Reichart as well as Simprit.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #30
SDCromer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I just downloaded Minisafe. How long is the trial period?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #31
poncharello

Model: 7250

Has anyone heard an update when version 1.2 will be released with the desktop interface?
Old 06-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #32
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Default 1.2 is out

Version 1.2 is released, see www.simprit.com
Old 06-03-2005, 03:51 PM   #33
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

MiniSafe 1.2 was released. MiniSafe Desktop is now packaged in MiniSafe 1.2 and has the following key features:
* All features supported in MiniSafe for BlackBerry
* Click-able URL link
* Copy your data to clipboard
* Two-way synchronization between desktop and handheld
* Import and export

MiniSafe is a shareware application, you may try it in full functionality for 30 days.

Check out MiniSafe Desktop for more details:
http://www.simprit.com/minisafe_bb/desktop.html

If you have further inquiry, please email to [email address]
Old 06-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #34
bjchantry

Default Forget the Import

I just spent 30 minutes trying to import from my SplashID file. I followed the instructions to the letter and it was a disaster. The csv file I used was left in the default setup for fields as it was a SplahID export csv file and it came in completely wrong and I just spent over 45 minutes fixing each record, one by one. It is better than starting from scratch, but I would not call this an "import" function!!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #35
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Simprint

Can you respond to the prior post. I have Splash ID also and will be using the csv. This is the key to unlocking alot of users.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:27 PM   #36
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

bjchantry,

I am sorry that the problem irritated you. After we had your feedback, we had been working on a fix. The problem has been fixed in MiniSafe Desktop version 1.00.80. You may download the new version from our website. Note: You may verify MiniSafe Desktop version in Help/About...

For your info, in the last import wizard page, you may verify importing data before you start the import process: Move your mouse pointer to Description column, a hint popup window should appear and it will show you each importing field content. This helps you to spot problem earlier and make necessary correction if require to.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #37
bjchantry

Default A little too late

Simprit, glad to hear it is fixed but it doesn't help me now that I have spent the time to fix the records. I do have to wonder what testing was done if the problem was so obvious?

Also, I can not sort the records by field in the desktop version. Am I missing something? This a a pretty basic feature and the handheld version supports it. Please advise. The desktop app is very good otherwise, and it definitely fills the niche for me, I just wish some of these basic annoyances had been caught before release, this is the type of stuff one expects in Beta versions. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:05 AM   #38
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

bjchantry,

At first, we tested import feature with CSV file prepared by hand according to SplashID's documentation. We misunderstood the file format. Therefore it did not work in most cases.

Sorting is not supported now. We will support sorting (ascending and descending) in next release. In next release, we will support more import format too.

Your feedback is really appreciated. It helps us to make the software better. For those who have more suggestions, please send emai to [email address] or post your messsage here. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:08 AM   #39
ohament

when will minisafe be available for my 7520? i used to use passwords plus from dataviz on my palm and have been without data since moving to the 7520.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #40
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

ohament,

BlackBerry 7520 is supported. You may download the trial version from the following website and try it for 30 days:
http://www.simprit.com/download.html#minisafe
Closed Thread