BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #41
ohament
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Thumbs up

Please Login to Remove!

simprit-
i dunno what i did wrong the other day when i tried, but all is well now! thanks a bunch for this great application. just to let you know, i was able to import all of my data from passwords plus and whisper32 into my miniSafe and now i can happily walk around with all of my data! i'm sooo jazzed about this!

-ohament
Old 07-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #42
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Starhub
Default MiniSafe 1.3 Released

Hi all,

Thank you for all your feedback and support.

We have just released MiniSafe 1.3. MiniSafe 1.3 has the following enhancements:
  • MiniSafe Desktop 1.1 with full two-way sync.
  • Partial match description filtering.
  • Sortable column in MiniSafe Desktop.
  • Short-cut keys: press M to mask/unmask masked field; press ENTER to activate Icon Picker dialog or Password Generator dialog.
  • Performance improvements.
  • Bug fixes.

Check out the software at:
http://www.simprit.com/minisafe_bb/

Last edited by simprit; 07-11-2005 at 12:20 AM..
Old 07-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #43
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

simprit -

I just purchased the license through paypal for both MiniExcel and MiniSafe. I failed to indicated the BB device ID in the comments field as requested. What course of action should I follow now to rectify this issue? When/How will I receive the registration keys for both applications?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #44
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

dkmadrid and for those who made payment and failed to input your handheld PIN,

You may send your handheld PIN and your purchase receipt id (for verification purpose) to [email address]. Our support team will generate your registration key(s) as soon as possible.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #45
diesel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

to upgrade to 1.3 from 1.2, do you simply install the new one on top of the other one? and if so, will there be 2 entries of the application in options/applications with 2 different version id's or will the one entry of minisafe be updated to 1.3?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:50 AM   #46
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

diesel,

Yes, you are right. BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Application Loader) will prompt you to upgrade your MiniSafe 1.2 to version 1.3. There will be one and only one MiniSafe application in your BlackBerry handheld after the upgrade.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:55 AM   #47
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi all,

If you encounter any problems to download MiniSafe software from our website (due to high server load), you can also download MiniSafe software from the following website:
http://www.rimroad.com/software/rim1...-rim-rim1.html
Old 08-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #48
kitmoni
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint
Default MiniSafe vs Cryptmagic

Here is what this comparison boils down to for me:

1) MiniSafe gives me a way to buy directly from their site

2) Cryptmagic will ONLY sell through Handango

CRYPTMAGIC - you are immediately painted with Handango's customer service reputation when you use them as your exclusive provider. That is NOT a good thing, as their customer service is terrible (non-existent [sucks] - insert your own...). I will do without your software, as nice as it looks, to never give Handango another dollar of my business.

MINISAFE - Looks like you guys are genuinely working to make the best Bb product you can, and are taking the feedback constructively. That's worth my $30.

I'm a former eWallet user from PocketPC, then Palm. You guys should do some competitive research on that product because it is VERY strong. Great desktop, full syncronization, nice GUI. You are getting there, but if eWallet had a Bb product I wouldn't have searched for this thread. Now I'm off to buy me some MiniSafe...
Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 AM   #49
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Does minisafe substitute for password keeper in that when I visit a website it will auto log me in? If so mines is not working.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #50
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Soapm,

This feature is not supported yet.

Better Browser/Phone Integration (for desktop and handheld) is in our todo list.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #51
treo2bb

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T

simprit,
do you have a way for cryptmagic users to convert over to minisafe and will you offer some discount for switching?
just hoping...
Old 08-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #52
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

treo2bb,

Thank you for your interest in our product.

MiniSafe Desktop will support import of eWallet export text file and CryptMagic export text file in next release.

For time being, we have not decided whether we will offer discount price for the conversion. Any feedbacks are welcome!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #53
sweater
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T, tMobile, Verizon

I guess I could post this on your own support website, but I've already got an account here and I know this'll get a bunch of exposure (and possibly help out someone else) here. I'm running into a problem eval'ing MiniSafe and importing my eWallet .txt file.

The first screen I get once I specify the eWallet.txt file:

If I choose to do nothing, or even if I try to edit anything, the error:

And when I "OK" out of that error:

Not the appearance of two more "Vehicle Info" categories through no intervention on my part. Weird.

This is keeping me from importing and subsequently eval'ing MiniSafe, which otherwise looks like a great app. Any help's appreciated!

- Mike
Old 12-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #54
simprit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi Sweater,

This apparently is a problem in MiniSafe's eWallet import module. We are sorry for that.

Some users reported they couldn't import older version of eWallet TXT file. And we confirmed the problem too.

Your problem is a different issue. If possible, can you please create a new dummy eWallet database and create a few dummy records for testing purpose? Export the records to eWallet TXT file and try to import it to MiniSafe. If you get the same problem, please send the eWallet TXT file to [email address]. We will look into the problem and get it fixed as soon as possible in the next release. NOTE: Please do not send us your security sensitive data.

Our engineers have hard time to decode other vendor text file because most of them are proprietary. They can be changed from time to time. Some of them are mainly human readable (for printing purpose) but not machine readable.

Anyway, we apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused. If any users encounter import problem, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your input will help us make a better software.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #55
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

I recently purchased Mini Safe with desktop sync for my 8700c.

Love it.

Install was a breeze. I imported my Splash ID data base (I came from a Treo 650) with ease. I'm very happy with it and now consider it an essential element to my Blackberry.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #56
dan.proskauer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I also recently purchased MiniSafe (and MiniRingTone too) and love them both. Delivered exactly the functionality I was looking for exactly as advertised. Install was trivial. No problem importing my data (although I was coming from encrypted free-text in Palm so I just used cut 'n paste method). Sync setup was a breeze.

I would like the integration with the browser feature (I was kind of expecting it might be there), but it definitely falls in the "would be nice" category.

Great job Simprit!

P.S. As I show off all the things I can do with my BB others have asked about this application and I have confidently pointed them to MiniSafe!
Closed Thread