Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #61
bubba22

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Awesome!!

Please Login to Remove!

I have 6 courses mapped and will be doing more. File sharing will only help everyone. By the way currently where are the course info stored when we map them? Let us know if you need any help.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #62
soupmeister

Model: 9500
Carrier: Bell mobility
Default Intelligolf

Blackberry GPS Accuracy Test: To test the GPS accuracy of the Blackberry 8800-series of products, please follow the steps listed below.
On your Blackberry, please select the Settings icon from the main screen. Next, select Options, then Advanced Options, then GPS, and highlight Device GPS (that's the embedded GPS chip). Next, go outside and away from any buildings/trees so that you have a clear view of the sky. Use the Blackberry's function/menu key to bring up the the pull-down menu that shows Refresh GPS. Highlight and select Refresh GPS. That will tell the GPS chip to scan the sky for GPS satellites circling the Earth. After a couple minutes, the GPS screen will be refreshed and it will show you the number of satellites that your Blackberry found. In addition, it will also compute the "Accuracy" that is being obtained by your Blackberry. Any application, including IntelliGolf, will only be as accurate as the GPS data stream that is being provided to it by your Blackberry's integrated GPS chip. While your results may vary, we have noticed that the Blackberry's internal chip varies in accuracy from less than 10 meters/yards to more than 10 meters/yards. Since 10 meters/yards is approximately the delta distance between clubs for most folks (e.g. 7 iron goes 155 yards, 6 iron goes 165 yards) it is very important for golf that the accuracy readings from your GPS receiver/chip are less than 10 meters/yards. Otherwise, you might find yourself hitting the wrong club. You can use the GPS Refresh routine multiple times to see how your Blackberry's embedded GPS chip responds at various locations (i.e. out in the open, under trees, etc). Once you have verified that the accuracy of your Blackberry's GPS chip is consistently less than 10 meters, please exit out of the GPS screens and return to your Blackberry's main menu.[/QUOTE]

Just upgraded to the 8830 from a T650 and had Intelligolf on that. Great program! Am I right in presuming that you are doing this accuracy test from the Intelligolf program? I can't find anything to show me how accurate the chip is with BB maps etc. When I go to tools and select advanced options I can only select GPS on or off. No refresh option.
Let me know.
Thanks
Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #63
bubba22

Carrier: rogers
Default Awesome

Just mapped few more courses. Will the new program allow one to save google kml file? Would be easier to use and map using landmark entry option. Any advances on the program knezek? The accuracy of this with the blackberry GPS is spot on as I have tested it with my Bushnell rangefinder and from course markings. Very happy with the numbers. Keep us updated knezek. By the way how was your golf trip?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 PM   #64
bobosyd

Carrier: ATT
Default trouble with web page

Is your web page still working? I can't seem to get to it with Firefox. I get a "no input file" error msg.

Jason
Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #65
jhowlett12

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default import/outport

it would be great to get that code done. I have a few courses done in Utah and would love to share this and also back them up in case I were to lose the information on my device. please advise with the update.
thanks,

this is awesome I love using it. I have used it for a week now and have been out with a couple holes and this rocks. It has saved me 300 bucks to not have to buy a skycaddie etc.

looking for a sharing system and an export. thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #66
bbleous

Model: 8130
Carrier: AT&T

I'm about to purchase a BB 8310 (ATT), and just found out I can eliminate buying a golf specific GPS device by utilizing the GPS functionality of the the 8310. Intelligolf is one of the products I like . I wasn't necessarily looking to commit to a data plan with AT&T. Is there anyway to download the courses I'm interested in playing to a PC (that is connected to the internet) then transfer the course info to the 8310. I'm thinking internet support is only required to download the courses, it is not required to use the application for a round of golf.

Last edited by bbleous; 05-01-2008 at 02:51 PM..
Old 05-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #67
mkeaneaz

Model: 8130
Carrier: alltel

Does this product work with the Blackberry Pearl. I will be getting one in the next day or two and i play golf religiously. i don't want to have to buy a separate program.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #68
knezek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: The New ;) AT&T
Default Blackberry Pearl

As long as your vendor doesn't cripple the gps(i.e. Verizon), should work no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeaneaz View Post
Does this product work with the Blackberry Pearl. I will be getting one in the next day or two and i play golf religiously. i don't want to have to buy a separate program.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #69
ejbauer

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

I'm using a GlobalTop G66 GPS connected to Blackberry Curve 8300 via bluetooth. with both GolfTraxx and bbGolf. The GPS is within about 3-4 yards of a rangefinder, with both golf programs. Only problem is the bluetooth connection is dropped periodically, more often with GolfTraxx than with bbGolf.

I'm not sure if this is a Blackberry problem since my navigation program (Nav4all) drops even quicker.

Does anyone have an answer?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:43 PM   #70
gbplay10s
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I'm not sure on that one. I'll send this over to one of our tech guys and see what they say. My curve has internal GPS, and never drops out, so it has to be in the bluetooth communications area.

gb
GolfTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbauer View Post
I'm using a GlobalTop G66 GPS connected to Blackberry Curve 8300 via bluetooth. with both GolfTraxx and bbGolf. The GPS is within about 3-4 yards of a rangefinder, with both golf programs. Only problem is the bluetooth connection is dropped periodically, more often with GolfTraxx than with bbGolf.

I'm not sure if this is a Blackberry problem since my navigation program (Nav4all) drops even quicker.

Does anyone have an answer?
Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #71
gbplay10s

EJ.... Sorry for the late response, but this is not something that is related to our app. We don't actually do anything directly with the bluetooth connection to the external GPS. Sorry to not be any more help on that one.

gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbplay10s View Post
I'm not sure on that one. I'll send this over to one of our tech guys and see what they say. My curve has internal GPS, and never drops out, so it has to be in the bluetooth communications area.

gb
GolfTraxx
Old 05-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #72
wrknhard

Carrier: telus

Has anybody successfully used an import function for bbGolf?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #73
wrknhard

The previous links for bbGolf no longer work. knezek, wheres the new code?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #74
knezek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default bbGolf Misc

Sorry guys,

The old cms died. Here's a link to the new site:

bbGolf - Home

There's an export to .kml now, and I'm working on an import. Someone wrote an import function for me, but I have not had a chance to look it over yet. It uses the sd card functionality and I was hoping to not have to do that for those people that don't have sd cards.

My schedule looks lighter next week, so I will try!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrknhard View Post
The previous links for bbGolf no longer work. knezek, wheres the new code?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #75
wrknhard

knezek,

Cool - that would be great.
I tried the new download location, but it didn't work. I guess the mascogolf.com domain is down today. I'll try again later.

I know you are working on the import, but out of curiosity what does Hor Acc and Ver Acc mean? I'm interested because when I entered the decimal numbers from google earth kml (see below) they indicated that the front/back/centre were the exact same yardage. Which of these XML fields correspond to the Landmark entry fields?

<longitude>-81.33764931142416</longitude>
<latitude>42.97370415616929</latitude>
<altitude>0</altitude>
<range>80.88223470312528</range>
<tilt>-1.470156356947598e-010</tilt>
<heading>-0.1937560474516588</heading>
<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>

thanks!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #76
knezek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Hor Acc / Ver Acc

Hor Acc & Ver Acc are horizontal & vertical accuracy. They are used to determine how accurate the measurement is when using the gps. They should have no effect on what you are doing. Latitude & longitude are the numbers that matter. Try this:

1. Download the latest version of bbGolf from the site.
2. Highlight one of your courses from the course screen and press the menu key.
3. Choose export course.
4. Type in an email address to a machine that has google earth on it.
5. Hit the escape/close button, and choose to save.
6. You will receive an email with an attached .kml file.

P.S. The site isn't down. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrknhard View Post
knezek,

Cool - that would be great.
I tried the new download location, but it didn't work. I guess the mascogolf.com domain is down today. I'll try again later.

I know you are working on the import, but out of curiosity what does Hor Acc and Ver Acc mean? I'm interested because when I entered the decimal numbers from google earth kml (see below) they indicated that the front/back/centre were the exact same yardage. Which of these XML fields correspond to the Landmark entry fields?

<longitude>-81.33764931142416</longitude>
<latitude>42.97370415616929</latitude>
<altitude>0</altitude>
<range>80.88223470312528</range>
<tilt>-1.470156356947598e-010</tilt>
<heading>-0.1937560474516588</heading>
<altitudeMode>relativeToGround</altitudeMode>

thanks!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #77
wrknhard

Thanks Knezek.
I exported the kml file and confirmed my front/centre and back were actually all the same location.

I'm wondering why this happened. I'm sure I entered different coordinates for f/c/b...I wonder if bbgolf was croping my 14 decimal places to 5 or something. Have you had related issues?

Any, I can't wait for the import function. It looks like its already in development considering the feature is already listed in the menu!!

Regarding Hor Acc and Vert Acc, I tried to look it up - I gave up, and came up with the conclusion that I shouldn't worry about these.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #78
utluke

Default bbGolf is Awesome

You guys are awesome. I've downloaded yesterday and have almost two courses in Atlanta mapped.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #79
KWerdal

Carrier: Centennial

Knezek, I put your app on my 8310 Curve it seems to work pretty well other then I have found I have to use the GPS test to get it working sometimes, dont know why. When I do use the GPS test it never goes 100% usually 66%. but I was able to get all the front nine programed it is seems to work pretty well. Thank you for all your hard work and for offering it free to us to use!! I will continue offering feedback but please dont think I am complaining!

Kevin
Old 06-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #80
KWerdal

Carrier: Centennial

Okay the Google Earth thing is too cool, it would be sweet if you could mark the course in Earth and import it to BBGolf, all my locations look good Got the front nine done will do the back nine Monday hopfully
Closed Thread