BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
pengrus
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Thumbs down Very bad support from Telenav (Billing)

Please Login to Remove!

I was using the one month trial, and called in to cancel the day before it expires. I got a cancellation confirmation number 1-2361584742, and was promised through email that it will be taken care of and I won't be charged. But they charged $9.99 anyway.

And when I emailed back with this confirmation number, all I got is that they do not handle this type of request via email. That sounds really annoying and stupid. If they don't handle request like this, why they replied to my email in the first place saying it will be taken care of? I mean: what is the difference between email and phone call given I already called in the first place??

I heard more than a few complains about their poor billing support. It is in some major forums. For me, I would never use such a service if this persists.

By the way, I did call for a second time, and got another confirmation number: 1-250-586-4589, and was told someone will respond to me via phone or email to let me know the status. But nobody has responded to me on this yet.

I called in a third time, was put on hold three times and the rep cannot figure out what's going on. The first hold lasted a few minutes, and the rep laughed when he heard I am still on the phone. He said "wow you are still here". WTF***?? Finally he said the refund request was never put through. Looks like my only option now is to file a dispute with my credit card company

Telenav: what a waste of time!

Overall, I feel telenav has very weak support.

I was planning to use them once they have live traffic added to my phone. But now, I would not use them again.

Last edited by pengrus; 05-21-2007 at 07:06 PM..
Old 05-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
pengrus

I posted a message on telenav support forum today, and the staff who replied totally ignored what I said about "request for refund", and acted as if nothing happened, still asked me to call in to solve the problem.

I am done with this company. Called my Amex card support, and disputed the charge in less than 10 seconds.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
Airmark1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT uhhhh Cingular uhhh I mean ATT

Perhaps Amex should have been the third phone call.

I agree. The customer support is not exactly the best from those guys at Telenav. They have always seemed like no one has power to do anything and no one knows what they (or anyone else at the company) is doing.

The problem is that Telenav kicks much butt. IMO I have used it all over the US and am very happy with the program.

oh well.

?was it a cat i saw?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM   #4
pengrus

Yes, they never sign any email with their rep's name, and feels like they are all hiding behind the email. No accountability, nothing gets done.

I've been using mapquest since, and have been very happy, mainly due to its switch view to see the position on the overall trip - very helpful, which telenav does not have.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
ggammill
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus View Post
I posted a message on telenav support forum today, and the staff who replied totally ignored what I said about "request for refund", and acted as if nothing happened, still asked me to call in to solve the problem.

I am done with this company. Called my Amex card support, and disputed the charge in less than 10 seconds.
I see Gina and Steve doing this constantly. They will completely ignore the users post and regurgitate some form crap they've got saved in a word document.

Also, I don't really trust support from a forum they can't even keep spam off of.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
bigboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: at&t
Default Sounds like...

It would be better to get billed through Cin...at&t?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
vdw4u

Carrier: tmobile,at&t, verizon,cellular one, sprint, nextel
Angry Agree with Telenav poor service

I tried contacting them on Saturday, May 27th because I was in a constant loop when they indicated I needed to update my security settings. To this date I am still in this state and cannot get a response via email or phone to fix the problem. So I am paying for subscription that cannot be used
Old 05-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
pengrus

Try mapquest, free for 3 months. Works very well on BB8800.
Closed Thread