BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:05 AM   #381
jaedee

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

Please Login to Remove!

i have BB messenger got it at mobile.blackberry.com and im with cingular. it also has yahoo and google talk. check it out
Old 06-13-2006, 06:28 AM   #382
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
Are you asking for Blackberry technical support when calling Cingular?

That is very important, you may have to hold for them but they should fix it.

Tell them you changed to the new plan and lost your browser- took my guy all of 5 minutes.
The above is a very good point, do not call the normal 800 number for Cingular if you have questions regarding your blackberry. You end up with some who may or may not know phones, and knows very little about blackberrys. Cingular has a seperate 800 number for blackberry support and in the past I have found them to be very helpful that number is 800-304-3044.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #383
rollerbones
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaedee
i have BB messenger got it at mobile.blackberry.com and im with cingular. it also has yahoo and google talk. check it out
Yahoo will NOT work with Cingular and I have still heard they will not support it or allow the service book.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #384
Baadshah7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Well, sounds like so far I'm the only one lucky enough to save 20 bucks instead, since they also apparently at the same time removed my $4.99 text messaging package and substituted a FREE 200 messages/month item instead!
I was just wondering....did u have a text messaging plan previously also?? My thought is that if u did, the CS might have re-added your text messaging plan because usually, Cingular offers unlimited text messaging for the first month when you sign up for a text plan
Old 06-13-2006, 08:36 AM   #385
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

The browser problem seems to be aknown issue, BB tech support can fix it easily but does require a reboot on our end, at least that's what i had to do. The Bb tech also ASKED ME if I was noticing any slower e-mail delivery, i told yes, especially with blackberry.nmet address that i onlybuse sometimes but it used to be instant ans now it is about 15 min. His answer was that they a tremendous amount of people upgrading yesterday and the "bandwith" was being sucked up. Know I am no IT guy but that sounds like it could true in regards to everyone updating but I really don't know about the bandwith part?? IT people feel free to weigh in....
Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #386
likefre

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790
The browser problem seems to be aknown issue, BB tech support can fix it easily but does require a reboot on our end, at least that's what i had to do. The Bb tech also ASKED ME if I was noticing any slower e-mail delivery, i told yes, especially with blackberry.nmet address that i onlybuse sometimes but it used to be instant ans now it is about 15 min. His answer was that they a tremendous amount of people upgrading yesterday and the "bandwith" was being sucked up. Know I am no IT guy but that sounds like it could true in regards to everyone updating but I really don't know about the bandwith part?? IT people feel free to weigh in....
I don't think it's true, First of all, BIS 2.0 "pulls" emails at that could take as long as 15min, just as 1.8
Second, I upgraded Sunday, when nobody was, and still got slowwww email delivery. Went back to 1.8
Old 06-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #387
Winston S.

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickL66
I don't know if anyone answered your question, but I beileve that TMO only charges $19.99 for unlimited data with a voice plan. Without a voice plan, it's $29.99 as you know. So, it's $10 more with TMO and only $5 more with Cingluar. But yeah, TMO is still cheaper.
That is correct. With a voice plan BIS is $19.99 and BES, I believe, is $29.99.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #388
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Well, its never a good idea to assume that the performance you see in the first few days of a major new platform rollout to tens of thousands of users is what you'll see long term, after the platform has stabilized and adjustments & tweaks have been made based on what is seen during the first week or so of heavy load.

Secondly, you said it yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefre
BIS 2.0 "pulls" emails at that could take as long as 15min, just as 1.8
Either 1.8 or 2.0 can take up to 15 minutes to pull emails from accounts you set up, depending on when the mail arrives at the account itself during that 15 minute cycle time. On the one account I have set to forward directly to BIS, I'm still seeing instantaneous delivery with BIS 2.0, often before it shows up in my Outlook mailbox here, which is set to check email every 3 minutes. And there are some other significant enhancements with 2.0. I'm liking it.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #389
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

Quote:
Either 1.8 or 2.0 can take up to 15 minutes to pull emails from accounts you set up, depending on when the mail arrives at the account itself during that 15 minute cycle time. On the one account I have set to forward directly to BIS, I'm still seeing instantaneous delivery with BIS 2.0, often before it shows up in my Outlook mailbox here, which is set to check email every 3 minutes. And there are some other significant enhancements with 2.0. I'm liking it.
Is there any way to automatically forward my personal POP account to BIS 2.0 and still allow my BB to set the reply-to and from fields appropriately? I have full access to my own POP account and can set-up the forwarding with minimal effort, but I like being able to respond with the proper header settings, not to mention the faster response time of forwarding vs. 15-minute polling. I don't care about email synchronization because I like to be able to keep all of my emails on a desktop computer.

Last edited by calkenneth; 06-13-2006 at 03:02 PM..
Old 06-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #390
DallasFlier

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by calkenneth
Is there any way to automatically forward my personal POP account to BIS 2.0
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by calkenneth
and still allow my BB to set the reply-to and from fields appropriately?
No, that's the issue. Before the upgrade, I had all three of my email accounts set up for autoforwarding, and used BBReply (third party program) to (maunally) set the "Reply to" address for each email I sent. Even then, the email showed up as coming from <myname>@mycingular.blackberry.net. With BIS 2.0, my sent emails appear to have been sent from the email address the original came from, not from the blackberry.net one, and that's great. You can set up the default email account to show one particular address for "from" and "reply to", so I set it for the work email, and then turned off forwarding on the other two and set them up as separate accounts in BIS. Its all working great, and that capability PLUS the unlimited inbox size (was 25M max under 1.8, which filled up my inbox a few times with a few large attachments from work) is a fine tradeoff for me for going back to the 15 minute polling cycle on my personal email accounts. After all, there's not REALLY much that's coming in that's so earthshaking that 15 minutes is going to make a difference.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #391
HI-Tek

Has anyone lost their Blackberry.net account after upgrading?

I upgraded today and now it's gone. I can still log in, but my email account is gone. If I forward to my bb email address, I get an autoreply error saying account doesn't exist.... and Cingular hold times are insane today 30min at least....
Old 06-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #392
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

Quote:
No, that's the issue. Before the upgrade, I had all three of my email accounts set up for autoforwarding, and used BBReply (third party program) to (maunally) set the "Reply to" address for each email I sent. Even then, the email showed up as coming from <myname>@mycingular.blackberry.net. With BIS 2.0, my sent emails appear to have been sent from the email address the original came from, not from the blackberry.net one, and that's great. You can set up the default email account to show one particular address for "from" and "reply to", so I set it for the work email, and then turned off forwarding on the other two and set them up as separate accounts in BIS. Its all working great, and that capability PLUS the unlimited inbox size (was 25M max under 1.8, which filled up my inbox a few times with a few large attachments from work) is a fine tradeoff for me for going back to the 15 minute polling cycle on my personal email accounts. After all, there's not REALLY much that's coming in that's so earthshaking that 15 minutes is going to make a difference.

Thanks for your response. That is exactly the way I had it set-up prior to BIS 2.0, and now I've removed my autoforwarding and set-up the two accounts in BIS 2.0. The first one is using the default account (gmail) which is virtually instantaneous, and the secondary is my personal POP account which polls every 15-20 minutes. My logs indicate to me that it's totally random when it decides to poll, but I do know that any time I send an email it polls. The weird thing is that anytime it polls when I send an email, it doesn't download anything that's new. I think it only polls to validate that your account is still valid before it sends something with that from and replyto header. Probably a CYA for RIM.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #393
mediaone

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerbones
Yahoo will NOT work with Cingular and I have still heard they will not support it or allow the service book.
I think it is the fact that they will not allow the service book. I work for Yahoo! and I have Y!IM on my blackberry but we have to send the IMEIs to Cingular for approval to add the service book.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #394
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

My messages seem to getting to me a lot faster than they were yesterday.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #395
ItsAllVerbatim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

So the normal "forward my GMail to the blackberry.net address" goodness will still work if I add this BIS 29.99 plan to my Cingular account?

Just to clarify, because I kinda need to know. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:26 PM   #396
Ximat

Please forgive me if this has been asked, I use Exchange My Mail for my mail services, how will making this change to my Cingular account effect that?

TIA
Old 06-13-2006, 08:45 PM   #397
stripesace

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

you'll loose access to your emm account (AKA BES) if you plan on getting rid of that then make the change. Otherwise, leave it alone.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #398
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripesace
you'll loose access to your emm account (AKA BES) if you plan on getting rid of that then make the change. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Why would that be. Wouldn't it be a resend service book issue. They should co-exist.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #399
rcbjr

Model: 8700

Stinsonddog, The new $29.95 Personal BB Unlimited planis for BIS and internet only. Transitioning to it will kill access to the BES Servers. Those wanting BES will have to stay on the original unlimited plan.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #400
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI-Tek
Has anyone lost their Blackberry.net account after upgrading?

I upgraded today and now it's gone. I can still log in, but my email account is gone. If I forward to my bb email address, I get an autoreply error saying account doesn't exist.... and Cingular hold times are insane today 30min at least....

Yes mine has left the building same as yours.... my login remains the same to BIS but the email box is gone... totally has screwed my forwarding setup. I haven't even changed $$$ plans just made the change to BIS 2.0

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Closed Thread