Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
blueman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default MP3 Editor to make ringtones for 8800

Please Login to Remove!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a MP3 editor in order to create custom ringtones. I am looking for one that is not to complicated, will allow me to select the specific parts of the song and allow me to adjust the volume (or even better, flatten the volume) of the MP3.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
nimocone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I think you would do well with Audacity which is a free download. You'll have to Google it. You can cut out the parts you don't want rather easily. Or use the free software Coolringer Your free ringtones maker and it's even more simple. Just enter the number of seconds you want and it cuts it. I think it's only from the beginning of the song so you can't take something out of the middle.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
blueman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimocone
I think you would do well with Audacity which is a free download. You'll have to Google it. You can cut out the parts you don't want rather easily. Or use the free software Coolringer Your free ringtones maker and it's even more simple. Just enter the number of seconds you want and it cuts it. I think it's only from the beginning of the song so you can't take something out of the middle.
thank you for the advise. I will look into them!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
rollerbones
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

mp3cutter...You can chop parts of mp3"s up.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

In addition to the already recommended ones, MP3 Direct Cut:

mp3DirectCut - the editor to cut, fade, split and record compressed mpeg audio

It can chop up MP3s without the need to decode to WAV then re-encode back to MP3, so you don't lose quality. (ok we're talking about a cellphone ringer here so quality might not matter that much, but you know...)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
Ashachar01

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a MP3 editor in order to create custom ringtones. I am looking for one that is not to complicated, will allow me to select the specific parts of the song and allow me to adjust the volume (or even better, flatten the volume) of the MP3.
Many Mp3 editing software are available. I tried with FlexiMusic Wave Editor to edit mp3 for use as a ring tone, strip out some of the background beat and normalize the volume as well.
Closed Thread