Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #41
pjdrsd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default 8703e and same problem, 3 different headsets

Please Login to Remove!

I noticed the same problem recently. I had used a Motorola HS850 for 6 months with no problems. I noticed it would not connect and then discovered that the hinge had broken (a whole other discussion). Then I tried my old Jabra BT250 and had the same problems. I've since bought the Jabra JX10, which I love, but it worked for about a day and then started dropping out. I'm frustrated to see from this thread that it has been a known problem for some time and no resolution has been presented. I am going to try and change themes just to see.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #42
tosa68

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Cingular 7130c - same problem

I know this is the 8700g forum, but I have (had) the same problem with my 7130c. Used it with my BT headsets (Mot H700, Plantronics 655) for months without problem. Then it started to drop the audio about 2-5 seconds into the call, each and every time (as others have also noted, the headset stays paired, just the audio is dropped). I've tried what others in this thread have tried -- reloaded OS, changed themes, upgraded OS, wiped and started over with and without 3rd party apps. Still would not work.

So I ended up calling Cingular as my phone was still under warranty. Even though I would think it was more likely firmware, I complained (nicely) & they sent me a replacement 7130c. I used Desktop Manager 4.2 to swap phones once I got the new one so the new one is running the same settings, options, OS, theme, applications, etc. And now....

Bluetooth is working as I'd expect. I can use my BT headset again, finally.

The troubling thing is maybe this is not a firmware issue, but maybe a hardware problem. If firmware I could hope a fix will be coming. If hardware, then after my warranty is up, I'm SOL.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #43
budah2025
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32B3BEB4
Carrier: Alltel

I use the WEP 200 exclusively and it works well and all the time.
Closed Thread