BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
baztheman

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default How to create/retrieve playlists in 8130?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have a Verizon 8130 Pearl using 6GB SD card. Can somebody tell me how I can create a playlist for mp3? I tried many times including media manager software and still cannot create, then find the playlist. I am not sure what I am missing.

Thank you.

Baz
Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
legz

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baztheman View Post
Hi,

I have a Verizon 8130 Pearl using 6GB SD card. Can somebody tell me how I can create a playlist for mp3? I tried many times including media manager software and still cannot create, then find the playlist. I am not sure what I am missing.

Thank you.

Baz
scroll to the playlist and select it. Then select New Playlist and give it a name. When you want to add a song to the playlist, scroll to the song and press the menu option button. select Add to playlist to add it. I hope this helps If you had already created some playlist sometimes that file might be corrupted. That had happened to me. I went to the main media where it shows the icons of all the media. Pressed the menu button and select explore. Select the media card folder. Select the music folder. Then looked for files that have *.m3u and deleted them. These are the playlist files. Then I started over creating new playlists which worked.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
baztheman

I tried the same thing. The issue is, "en you want to add a song to the playlist, scroll to the song and press the menu option button. select Add to playlist to add it"

Once created a playlist as you described. When adding a song, I cannot find the created playlist anymore.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
Vostek

Default No Playlists

I'm having the same problem. I can't create playlist they just don't show up on the BB media mgr.

I have tried the Roxio Media Manager, Rhapsody and simply typing the playlist in the BB and I can't see it.

I can see it if I use windows to navigate to drive E: which is assigned to the device, but not on the device.

It's driving me nuts!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
Vostek

Default Wtf!?

I'm not sure what is going on. I figured if I installeda 3rd party media player it would be able to store the playlist...NO GOOD. Why can't I store a playlist?

Please help!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

with the pearl 2 devices you should be able to create a playlist on the device. can you not do this? As described above, on the device go to media > music > playlist > New Playlist > select it > name the playlist > click trackball > menu > add songs > scroll to the song you want > menu > select > rinse and repeat for each song.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 02-19-2008 at 10:46 PM..
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Vostek

Default I can't create a playlist.

I can't create a playlist.

I select new playlist, enter the name, save it....and it's gone! At least it can't be seen in the device.

If I browse the SD card with the PC I can see the the files that I created but when I try to select playlist from the device nothing shows up.

Any ideas why the device is not reading the files if they are being created?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
baztheman

Vostek, here is how i do it without the ability of creating playlist from Pearl:

1. Re-use the playlist from IPOD (You edit the selection to your satisfaction).
2. Create a new directory under music folder, say english.
3. Use Media Manager to COPY the playlist and its contents into this new directory.
4. When listening to music, explore to the disk and choose play folder or play subfolder.

This is very similar to navigating with normal playlist but of course is not as good. But it works.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vostek View Post
I can't create a playlist.

I select new playlist, enter the name, save it....and it's gone! At least it can't be seen in the device.

If I browse the SD card with the PC I can see the the files that I created but when I try to select playlist from the device nothing shows up.

Any ideas why the device is not reading the files if they are being created?
try a battery pull first. next after you create the playlist, do you save it or do you just exit after you are done?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
baztheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
with the pearl 2 devices you should be able to create a playlist on the device. can you not do this? As described above, on the device go to media > music > playlist > New Playlist > select it > name the playlist > click trackball > menu > add songs > scroll to the song you want > menu > select > rinse and repeat for each song.
Sith, do you have a 8130? This is a problem even the dealer cannot resolve.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baztheman View Post
Sith, do you have a 8130? This is a problem even the dealer cannot resolve.
several actually. never an issue with playlist creation or saving. i posted the exact process that i used to create a playlist.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #12
Hammerhead64

Default Playlists

I found a m3u on the device in the music folder (not on the card). When I deleted it, I could create new playlists that worked. The new lists show up on the media card in the Media Card/Blackberry/music folder.
Closed Thread